• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help Please

JJg22

Hello all,

I live in Orange County and just turned 21. I will be picking my Glock 22 up on Thursday when my 10 days are up for the DOJ background. I also took the Handgun Safety test and have my DOJ card saying I passed.

My main question is: Is there anything else I need to do to OC? If I took the test and have completed the 10 day DOJ check, is that all I need to open carry?

And is there a group that communicates within Orange County I can communicate with and get involved in?

Thanks!

JJ

coolusername2007

Welcome and congrats on the new pistol. Please check out the newbie thread in the sticky section of the forum. UOC does not require a permit of any sort, but is not without peril. Be very well informed and educated about the laws, proceed cautiously, and carry on.

eb31

I can't help ya with CA law...but I can say congrats on taking the neccessary steps to carry! And good choice in the Glock!...I carry a 19.

ryanmp1986

Hey

Hey I just got my handgun Monday. I did my first open carry last night in Anaheim, Ca and it went really smooth. I'm 23 and just out of the military. I was kind of nervous with it being my first time. But yeah, all you need to do to OC is to know the rules and when and where you can.

There is a group event coming up in October but if you want we can meet up since I'm new to it too. I've been reading up on it a lot though and what I should have on me and also memorizing the laws.

JJg22

Thanks cooluser2007. I have been reading websites and watching any and all videos of actual incidents as well as educational ones.

Hey ryan sounds awesome. I am in Newport Beach and probably the only who will ever be seen here OCing lol. I would for sure be up for some meet ups and functions to get involved.

Thanks guys, I am not too worried about LEO interaction compared to knowing what businesses to go into.

ryanmp1986

Thanks cooluser2007. I have been reading websites and watching any and all videos of actual incidents as well as educational ones.

Hey ryan sounds awesome. I am in Newport Beach and probably the only who will ever be seen here OCing lol. I would for sure be up for some meet ups and functions to get involved.

Thanks guys, I am not too worried about LEO interaction compared to knowing what businesses to go into.

It looks like the next meet up is Oceanside Pier Ampatheater 404 Mission Ave on Oct 10th at noon. I'm gone this weekend to Arizona but if you want to meet up on a weekend before Oct 10th let me know. I was planning on doing it around one of the beach areas too. Newport is cool. You can find me on facebook at ryanmp1986@yahoo.com. Congrats on your Glock. Those ten days seems like they go on forever, at least for me haha.

JJg22

Awesome thanks, I head to Needles a lot as well for family vacations. Yes those 10 days were the slowest ever. Just picked my glock up yesterday and did OC to olive garden with the folks and then went to the movies after with a friend and found a tiny sticker on the bottom window saying no firearms as well as concealed. Bummer haha.

I will hit you up on facebook. Thanks again.