• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ammo

The Wolfhound

it all depends....

.....On which type of ammo you want. Range ammo it is hard to beat Wally World. Nothing I have found online beats them regularly. Good defense ammo I find MidwayUSA has a good selection and competitive prices. Seems to be true on the major calibers.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Ammo

If you are near a Cabelas they have good sales on ammo. I get 9mm FMJfor $8.99/50. Okay it's cheap Russian Herters with steel case, but it's great for plinkin. AK ammo for $3.99/20. Don't fall for their bulk ammo "deals", the individual boxes come out cheaper. The online places usually get you on shipping because of the weight.

REALteach4u

I tend to use this one to help me find prices in several locations. I don't buy from these sites if I find ammo cheaper elsewhere.

www.ammoengine.com

I also like to watch prices on outdoormarksman.com

cbpeck

I have been burned a few times by him and refuse to buy any ammo from him.

Good to know. I've never placed an order with him, but his prices usually look good. I doubt I'll be buying from him at any point in the future. Bad customer service gets around and always costs more in the long run.