• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

URGENT! Florida Preemption Enforcement HB45 FILED TODAY!!!

Rich7553

I've been hinting at this pending legislation for several weeks now, but it was necessary to keep it under wraps in order to prevent opponents from killing it before it took its first breath. This morning, House Bill 45 was filed at 7:41AM by Representative Matt Gaetz. Marion Hammer and the NRA are behind it.

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=44848&

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Secti...ocumentType=Bill&BillNumber=0045&Session=2011

Regulation of Firearms and Ammunition: Prohibits specified persons & entities, when acting in official capacity, from knowingly & willfully regulating or attempting to regulate firearms or ammunition in any manner except as specifically authorized by s. 790.033, F.S., or other general law; provides penalty; eliminates authority of counties to adopt ordinance requiring waiting period between purchase & delivery of handgun; provides that no public funds shall be used to defend unlawful conduct of any person charged with violation of section; provides fines for governmental entities in whose service or employ provisions of section are knowingly & willfully violated; provides for investigation of complaints of criminal violations & prosecution of violators by state attorney; provides exceptions to prohibitions; provides conditional effective date.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Mostly limits against Government Abuse of Power, and actual penalties for violating it. I'd love to see it, but Florida thrives on abusing power. I don't think anyone in the House will vote it up...

New Jersey with Palm Trees.

aadvark

House Bill 45 is a WINNER! The ONLY Problem with this Bill is that $5 Million is NOT a Realistic Amount, nor is a Third-Degree Felony Punishment, however; a $1000 Fine (after Damages and Court Ordered Awards) and a Class A Misdemeanor Punishment would most Probably be a little bit better..., and Senate Bill 234 is good too!

Maybe The Georgia General Assembly will Consider Adopting something of this Nature this Legislative Session here in Georgia!

Last edited:

Rich7553

House Bill 45 is a WINNER! The ONLY Problem with this Bill is that $5 Million is NOT a Realistic Amount, nor is a Third-Degree Felony Punishment, however; a $1000 Fine (after Damages and Court Ordered Awards) and a Class A Misdemeanor Punishment would most Probably be a little bit better..., and Senate Bill 234 is good too!

Maybe The Georgia General Assembly will Consider Adopting something of this Nature this Legislative Session here in Georgia!

Those are not problems. Those are negotiable elements. They can be used as bones to throw to the opposition without negatively impacting the overall effectiveness of the bill. If you ask for the moon and the stars, and only end up with the moon, you're still ahead!