• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drones over gun shows? Maybe Not

cptstoney

yes calling me dumb proves your point and makes you look like an adult. good job........

I joined this forum to learn about open carry and maybe meet some other guns people

clearly im not a hardcore enough to hang out with you guys. smh.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
yes calling me dumb proves your point and makes you look like an adult. good job........

I joined this forum to learn about open carry and maybe meet some other guns people

You did come in swinging with a couple of posts and a very unpopular opinion with some of us.

If you'd like to try again with a lower volume, have at it. You might even find a few softcore folks here.

twoskinsonemanns

if you aren't doing anything wrong and have nothing to hide why worry?

Don't get too bent out of shape, you've bought into the well-worn scam of "if you've got nothing to hide, you shouldn't opposed complete invasion of the government"

People around here value their rights. One that I like is "the right of the people to be secure in their persons..." It's a quote from some important document I can't put my finger on right now. :D

But I do remember it doesn't mention any thing about "unless you have nothing to hide, then you shouldn't worry about it"

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran

Basically implying that anyone who disagrees with you on this subject a tinfoil hat wearing nut-job does an equally good job of making you look like an adult. Good job:banana:

If you're going to jump in here and pick a fight, don't be surprised when you take one on the chin...

DocWalker

CPSTONEY...

I'm not attacking you here just pointing out that the saying "if you done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about" is probably a line the guastapo used in Germany. It wouldn't be far from...

"if you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about....just get into the rail car we can straigten it out later".

Then

"if you have done nothing wrong then you have nothng to worry about......just go in there and take a shower and we will talk about it after your clean"......

We shouldn't even be considering this since we have the 4th and 5th to protect us; unless we just give it away.

Emtp8383

Because it's a warrantless search. This is Virginia NOT Europe. Some people have left oppressive regimes where freedom of movement is extremely difficult, some just got sick of surveilance cameras everywhere.

The license plate scanner is just the first step, next will come 'security' cameras on street corners and the argument again will be 'if you do nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about'. Then what?

More cameras, GPS tracking on your cellphone, more checks when you go to buy a firearm, background checks to buy ammunition, limits on what you can buy, and everytime someone like you is going to chime in with 'if you have done nothing wrong why are you worrying?'.

This isn't about catching those who have done wrong, it's about protecting the freedoms Americans (especially Virginians) are born with, and immigrants have chosen to come here to enjoy.

We already have those lovely security cameras here in Baltimore. Complete with a big flashing blue light and BCPD seal. Guess what our criminals have learned: if you can't see the light they can't see you. Doesn't deter crime, just moves the location to the alley instead of the corner.

scouser

We already have those lovely security cameras here in Baltimore. Complete with a big flashing blue light and BCPD seal. Guess what our criminals have learned: if you can't see the light they can't see you. Doesn't deter crime, just moves the location to the alley instead of the corner.

Sorry friend, Baltimore sucks. I was at the Ravens stadium this past Saturday, hated the fact I had to remove some items from my car before heading up there, disgusted at the fact they wouldn't let me take my own bottled water in with me and wanted to charge me $4.50 for a 16oz bottle of theirs. LOL and don't even get me started on the so-called BBQ sandwich they took $6.50 off me for.

Best feeling I got was when I got home, they 'invited' me to send them my comments on my visit to their stadium, so I told them exactly what I thought.

I did have the toll booth attendant on the 301 bridge into VA laughing, though. I mentioned to him that the $4 charge needed to go into a fund set up to help Maryland drivers afford cars with turn signals.

Marco

Baltimore sucks.

I knew that and I've never been to a sporting event in enemy territory. :)

If I were a sports fan, I'd support a local minor league or hs team to get my fix rather than travel and spend money in MD or DC.

if you aren't doing anything wrong and have nothing to hide why worry?

Not a personal attack, but would you allow a random search of your home, office, person, childs bedroom?
Would you allow every Dr your wife/girl friend visits do a vaginal exam? Remember, if there's nothing wrong there's nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

scouser

I knew that and I've never been to a sporting event in enemy territory. :)

If I were a sports fan, I'd support a local minor league or hs team to get my fix rather than travel and spend money in MD or DC.

Marco, I understand what you're saying, but it wasn't the Ravens I went to see. Baltimore just happened to be the closest venue the soccer team from my home town where playing on their pre-season US Tour so I had to suck it up and deal with it. I hadn't seen them play in person since I left Liverpool back in 2001, watching them was a huge part of my life growing up and, along with my family, is one of the two things I miss from the old country.

Emtp8383

Sorry friend, Baltimore sucks. I was at the Ravens stadium this past Saturday, hated the fact I had to remove some items from my car before heading up there, disgusted at the fact they wouldn't let me take my own bottled water in with me and wanted to charge me $4.50 for a 16oz bottle of theirs. LOL and don't even get me started on the so-called BBQ sandwich they took $6.50 off me for.

Best feeling I got was when I got home, they 'invited' me to send them my comments on my visit to their stadium, so I told them exactly what I thought.

I did have the toll booth attendant on the 301 bridge into VA laughing, though. I mentioned to him that the $4 charge needed to go into a fund set up to help Maryland drivers afford cars with turn signals.

I live in PA but work down in the lovely city. I find it sad that having both a PA LTCF and VA CHP that I can be in any jurisdiction around MD or DC with no problems carrying, but I'm a criminal as soon as I step in the hole in the middle. And I feel less safe in Baltimore than anywhere else I have ever been.

Seems odd that the MD Stadium Authority's rules would be different from Oriole Park at Camden Yards to M&T. OPACY you can bring almost anything that's not glass, alcohol, or hard cooler. Then again this is the land of rules changing at the state's leisure to suit their whim.

If you think Baltimore drivers are bad you need to look at the pedestrians. Walk straight across rush hour traffic and curse at you for nearly hitting them. No regards to crosswalks or lights. The citizens have the same level of respect for the law that the state does.

Sig229

I can see a lot of drones being shot out of the sky if they tried to over fly a gun show.....

Unless SAM's become legal for citizens to own, I doubt we will see drones raining from the sky.

Think about it, if it were that easy to down a drone at 30,000 feet, they would have been worthless in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Whats even scary is the nano-technology based drones that are currently in development.
They will soon have drones as small as a Dragon Fly.

I predict that in a few decades we will be spied on by drones that dont even look like drones.

OC for ME

Unless SAM's become legal for citizens to own, I doubt we will see drones raining from the sky.

Think about it, if it were that easy to down a drone at 30,000 feet, they would have been worthless in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Whats even scary is the nano-technology based drones that are currently in development.
They will soon have drones as small as a Dragon Fly.

I predict that in a few decades we will be spied on by drones that don't even look like drones.
Uh, the drones that LE will most likely use are not predator.jpeg, but more likely to be scout.jpg.

Now, could Uncle Sam allocate DoD assets for "training" purposes? We'll have to wait and see.

Repeater

'Wacko Bird' alert: groups want McDonnell to veto Drone Bill

Pro-gun Delegates Cline and Gilbert worked very hard to pass HB2012 (it had to survive a Conference Committee). Now, certain groups want Governor Mcdonnell to veto the bill:

Interest groups push to overturn drone ban
Unbowed by General Assembly action to restrict unmanned aircraft use in Virginia, law enforcement and aeronautics interests are lobbying Gov. Bob McDonnell to undo a just-enacted two-year ban on drones.

That effort formally launched this week with the formation of the Virginia Technology Alliance for Public Safety coalition to promote the unmanned aircraft systems industry and its potential economic benefits to the state.

The pitch is built on two concepts: public safety and prosperity. Citing the federal sequester, Michael Toscano of the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International said drones present "an opportunity to bring jobs, innovation and more technology to Virginia at a time when the federal government is cutting other programs."

For a differing point of view:

It’s Abuse, Not Use, of Drones that Concerns Us
Coming late into the legislative game is the Virginia Technology Alliance for Public Safety (VATAPS), a group funded by and representing the interests of the unmanned aerial systems industry in the name of economic development and public safety. Their mission is to persuade Governor Bob McDonnell to veto a two-year moratorium on the use of drones in the Commonwealth, which just passed the legislature with overwhelming bipartisan support. And they’re using the key word that gets every Virginia politician’s attention…”jobs.”

Where were these advocates of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), or drones, in the months leading up to and during the General Assembly session? Why didn’t they accept our invitation to bring law enforcement to the table to discuss reasonable regulations of drone use in criminal and regulatory enforcement?

At the end of the day, Virginia citizens want and expect our Governor to be protective of our privacy and our safety.

WalkingWolf

i'm all for not letting "the man" know what i'm doing, but damn this thread seems alil much.

nowhere did i see anything about gun shows(or anything about guns for that matter)............

and on the lic. plate scanning, if you aren't doing anything wrong and have nothing to hide why worry?

Sorry, but the constitution does not work that way~~if gov does not have a valid reason they should not be snooping just to be snooping. I didn't see the bold above anywhere in the constitution. If I missed it, could you point it out to me?

half_life1052

Uh, the drones that LE will most likely use are not View attachment 9028, but more likely to be View attachment 9029.

Now, could Uncle Sam allocate DoD assets for "training" purposes? We'll have to wait and see.

You need to come down to Liberty U sometime to look at the drones. From what I understand there are military models there as well. Liberty has a drone training program. I wonder what sorts of favors they are asked where it concerns flying over local thugs errr ... citizens homes?