• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC In Davie Co.

GrizzlySG

Hello all! New to the forums, I am from Mocksville and just recently got a handgun. It's a FMK (For My Kountry) 9MM. Pretty nifty and got it and a nice holster for around 450$ at best fire arms, anyways, was just wondering if you guys had any encounters in or around Mocksville / Davie County or good/bad experiences in stores? ?

Last edited:

GrizzlySG

Carried Today -

Walmart off 40 in mocksville - Nothing not even looks, had a guy recommending a gun cleaning kit though
Sheetz on 601 in mocksville - Nothing
Walgreens beside the bank on 601 - Nothing, cashier was super friendly though

SEO

Keep on carrying! Not many people open carry around Winston Salem where I'm from. Ive got some "looks" but no real problems yet...did have a lil run in at Walmart tonight on Peters Creek. Just a young know it all liberal.

GrizzlySG

Thanks for the welcome!

SEO - Where all have you carried in winston? I go there frequently to get cold stone,mall, ect. trying to find out where is safe zone :p

papa bear

Keep on carrying! Not many people open carry around Winston Salem where I'm from. Ive got some "looks" but no real problems yet...did have a lil run in at Walmart tonight on Peters Creek. Just a young know it all liberal.

please give more detail

i carry all the time in winston. i do think the W-S government is very anti constitution

papa bear

i forgot, it's been a year or two now. i went to a store just on 601, i noticed a plains clothes going out as i came in. he pulled over to the side and watched me till i left. that's fine, as long as they don't harass me

wrote it up on this site.

GrizzlySG

OC'd in CJ's BBQ - Had a woman across the room stare at my side the whole time I was eating, no issues though.

GrizzlySG

Saw a nice older fellow in Advance Autoparts open carrying a 380, i blelieve anyways, asked him if he has always OC'd, he said yep, if it was one of you guys, hope that torque wrench worked out for ya!

cap-n-ball

Well this thread caught my eye as I'm in the process of getting ready to move out of Rowan County to Davie County hopefully here in the next couple of weeks. Mine have barrel lengths too long to be concealled, so I always open carry them. I know the manager at the O'Reilly's in Mocksville, he used to be here in Salisbury and is used to seeing me carry my .44. I hope they don't freak out at Southern States as that is where I'll probably be buying most of my horse feed, and will likely be buying materials at the Lowe's there for my barn.

WalkingWolf

Well this thread caught my eye as I'm in the process of getting ready to move out of Rowan County to Davie County hopefully here in the next couple of weeks. Mine have barrel lengths too long to be concealled, so I always open carry them. I know the manager at the O'Reilly's in Mocksville, he used to be here in Salisbury and is used to seeing me carry my .44. I hope they don't freak out at Southern States as that is where I'll probably be buying most of my horse feed, and will likely be buying materials at the Lowe's there for my barn.

Colt Walker?

WalkingWolf

Walking Wolf,Remington Army .44 and on occasion a .36 Navy Colt.

I have those, I carry normally a Navy conversion, but have several cap and ball Navies. I also have Remy and a Colt Walker Second Model Dragon, due to it's weight I have never carried the Second Model for a open carry revolver.

Tarheel

Davie County

I am in Davie County but new to this forum and I have never OC'd before but would like to. I would attend any get together.

GrizzlySG

shall we set aside space for 100 different threads each of the counties for sightings of ppl OC'g?

wabbit
Yes. :banghead:

I am in Davie County but new to this forum and I have never OC'd before but would like to. I would attend any get together.

Haven't saw many from davie on here. But you should give it a go. Walmart is super gun friendly and most other places along with with sheriffs department.

cap-n-ball

Grizzly I may try that as here in the Salisbury Walmart, people start freaking out if someone even mentions the word gun. I normally carry mine in a cross draw style holster that was made for my Colt but right now carrying my Remington in it.

WalkingWolf

Grizzly I may try that as here in the Salisbury Walmart, people start freaking out if someone even mentions the word gun. I normally carry mine in a cross draw style holster that was made for my Colt but right now carrying my Remington in it.

I have been working on a cross draw holster for my navies, but I ran out of thread last night. :cry:

I am hoping that the wife will be able to find a roll of 80# test upholster thread at Wally World, but I doubt it. She has taken my bug to carry, so now I need to carry a second navy for a bug.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
Thread hijack

I have been working on a cross draw holster for my navies, but I ran out of thread last night. :cry:

I am hoping that the wife will be able to find a roll of 80# test upholster thread at Wally World, but I doubt it. She has taken my bug to carry, so now I need to carry a second navy for a bug.

I would like to see some pics of holsters you've made. I have a "thing" for leather, even though I have been using my kydex XD holster frequently lately.