• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomberg Coming to OHIO!! Call to Action!

Ohio

The facebook page for Comfest has the following posted...found this in one of the BFA forums.

ComFest 2013 hosts a panel exploring safe gun strategies to keep our communities free from gun violence.

The panel will include Patrick Barnacle (Mayors Against Illegal Guns), Julie Eichorn (Moms Demand Action for Gun safety), Toby Hoover and Marian Harris (Ohio coalition Against Gun Violence), and Representative Tracy Maxwell Heard (Ohio House Minority whip, convener of state gun safety summit and sponsor of universal background check bill). This one is important to everyone. Be there!

Saturday (6/29) Noon Peace Tent

NEOOpenCarry

The facebook page for Comfest has the following posted...found this in one of the BFA forums.

ComFest 2013 hosts a panel exploring safe gun strategies to keep our communities free from gun violence.

The panel will include Patrick Barnacle (Mayors Against Illegal Guns), Julie Eichorn (Moms Demand Action for Gun safety), Toby Hoover and Marian Harris (Ohio coalition Against Gun Violence), and Representative Tracy Maxwell Heard (Ohio House Minority whip, convener of state gun safety summit and sponsor of universal background check bill). This one is important to everyone. Be there!

Saturday (6/29) Noon Peace Tent

Well thankfully this was not the Bloomberg event, even though I wish I could have been there to join in their "reasonable and common sense" discussion on gun control ;-)

Hopefully we will have a little more notice for the Bloomberg event though.

Ohio

Well thankfully this was not the Bloomberg event, even though I wish I could have been there to join in their "reasonable and common sense" discussion on gun control ;-)

Hopefully we will have a little more notice for the Bloomberg event though.

I sure hope so! It would be nice to have hundreds shouting "We don't want you!" and "Go back to New York!" EVERY time Bloomberg attempts to speak to the point he walks off stage in disgust and moves his anti-gun sentiment on to the next state on his list.

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

I doubt we will be 'honored' with Bloomturd's presence.

The lackeys on the bus go state to state

State to state

State to state

Come on, everybody! Sing along!

NEOOpenCarry

Ok I was right so far on the route they are taking. They went from AR to LA and are now in AZ. That means they will be heading north and hitting the Midwest states next. Keep your ears open for any news of when we get our day.

MyWifeSaidYes

We'll need to have some legal noisemakers, like air horns and megaphones, to combat their loudspeakers.

There was a protester in New Hampshire that physically assaulted/touched a spokesperson and was arrested. Hopefully we can handle ourselves better than that.

And, of course, I would suggest as many folks open carry as possible, if the location they choose permits such. If they set up in a school zone, hopefully there is some private property nearby were we can gather.

Troy bilt

I'll be there with bells on ( and by bells I mean my new Glock 22, and Smith & Wesson 15-22 ).

Jordysoso

Me and my brother will be there with a bunch of friends in tow. Ill be checking back as much as possible to see the location. If it's within a spot you need a ccw to carry please let me know!!! Air horns sound good as well as megaphones and signs.

JmE

We'll need to have some legal noisemakers, like air horns and megaphones, to combat their loudspeakers.
So that excludes black powder (no ball, perhaps cap and low charge only)? :lol: (j/k although I'd love for someone to bring along a BP canon.)

NEOOpenCarry

Ok the tour is in North Dakota and just hit Montana. That means they are only about 4-5 states away from entering Ohio. Keep your ears open and be ready to organize quickly. I will keep everyone updated.

MyWifeSaidYes

Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence just released these dates, but no location yet:

August 10th, 10:45 am Cincinnati

August 13th 10:00 am Columbus

MyWifeSaidYes

No More Names Bus TourStop - Columbus
Tuesday, August 13th
Dodge CommunityRecreation Center (667 Sullivant Avenue, Columbus)
10:00am

contact

Jay Plant
Ohio OrganizingDirector, MAIG
jplant@maig.org

eye95

That's a Tuesday, so I should be able to wangle the day off.

It's rally time!

Who else will be there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

MyWifeSaidYes

This just in...
No More Names Bus TourStop - Cincinnati
Saturday, August10th
Fountain Square (520Vine Street, Cincinnati)
10:45am

Jay Plant is in charge of the tour in Ohio

jplant@maig.org

Troy bilt

I plan on attending the Columbus stop. Could someone with some knowledge of the surrounding point out any trouble spots for open carry with or without a CHL?

Any tips on where to park?

Do you think there should be a meet up spot and time for everyone to gather before hand?

NEOOpenCarry

I should be able to be there. I will start posting this on our site and Facebook as soon as I get home. Will somebody be taking care of getting any permits needed to stand outside and protest? Preferably someone from Columbus, can you tell us NEers where to park? I assume we will a be open carrying. I will definitely have my 9mm on my hip and an AR on my back. How about signs? Anyone willing to print off some good ones, or are we just bringing our own? I will try to get there by 9am.

MyWifeSaidYes

NOTE - I've been told that the dates and times of these stops are subject to change.

If the Columbus stop is still held at Dodge Park, there is a parking lot, but that will probably fill up quickly. It also seems like the best place to park a tour bus.

I'll drive by on the way home to check out the parking. I believe there is on-street parking around the apartment complexes to the north of the park, but I wouldn't want to park there, myself.

And yes...come armed.

:eek: