• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A lot of shootings in OKC.

gwhitegm60

If I may say without any offense to anyone. Every night I hear on the news reports of shootings in OKC. I live in Moore,OK and although I have a ccl I don't carry because I don't see the need in it. However with all of the shootings I am starting to have second thoughts and maybe start carrying around my house and if I go out at night to the store. Its like the saying goes its better to have a gun on you and not need it then to not have it and need it. All comments are welcome.

Greggfixed title

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If I may say without any offense to anyone. Every night I hear on the news reports of shootings in OKC. I live in Moore,OK and although I have a ccl I don't carry because I don't see the need in it. However with all of the shootings I am starting to have second thoughts and maybe start carrying around my house and if I go out at night to the store. Its like the saying goes its better to have a gun on you and not need it then to not have it and need it. All comments are welcome.

Gregg
Suggest that you carry 24/7 wherever possible.

Don't think that I would ever be able to forgive myself if something very bad were to happen to my loved ones (including myself) and I did not have the capacity to prevent it.

mynameiscolb

I live in OKC and I open carry daily. I OC at home and when I go out. I've had no issues anywhere, except Whataburger.

It's just not worth the risk to potentially need protection and not have it.

HPmatt

So Whataburger in OK is enforcing the reported no OC policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mynameiscolb

So Whataburger in OK is enforcing the reported no OC policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, yes. Some managers seem to let it slide, but I was finally asked to leave at one location. So I stopped going all together.

Elm Creek Smith

If I thought I was going to need a gun, I would either not go out or would carry something a damn' sight bigger than a handgun. I carry handguns for the "what ifs" in life, and I always carry at least one handgun.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If I thought I was going to need a gun, I would either not go out or would carry something a damn' sight bigger than a handgun. I carry handguns for the "what ifs" in life, and I always carry at least one handgun.
Walking away is good. Running away is better - it is faster :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior