• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Travel to Arizona

KS_to_CA

Sorry if this had been posted before, but I am pressed for time.

Will be traveling to AZ tomorrow with family and friends. Question is:

1. Can I open carry?
2. Open carry in the parks?
3. Open or glove carry in the vehicle?

Thanks a bunch.

March Hare

Welcome!

Sorry if this had been posted before, but I am pressed for time.

Will be traveling to AZ tomorrow with family and friends. Question is:

1. Can I open carry?

Thanks a bunch.

Welcome to Arizona!

Loaded weapons welcome here.

1. Can I open carry?
Yes. You can also carry concealed without a permit if you are 21 or older.

Yes.

Yes to both, you can transport your firearms any way you want to, if stopped by an officer and asked if you have a weapon, you have to tell them.

If carrying, stay out of schools, government buildings and places that sell alcohol for consumption on the premises.
There is no enforced 1000' rule for schools.
Drinking and carrying is a bad combo, don't.
Be careful of reservation land, the rules there can be dicey.

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay, be safe!

-MH

Last edited:

March Hare

Without an AZ issued CCW there is still the Federal 1000' school rule. Likely to never be enforced, but it is still there.

Still there, but not enforced.
I edited my post to reflect that.

+ 10 Fred! I've printed and read the entire document, lots of good to know stuff in there.

-MH

Last edited:

mFonz77

You are good to go. I love that in Arizona if you yell out "I have a gun!" someone else will reply "Well how much do you want for it?!"

GWbiker

You are good to go. I love that in Arizona if you yell out "I have a gun!" someone else will reply "Well how much do you want for it?!"

LOL.

I rode the GW in for service Tuesday and I OC a loaded Sig P6. Spent some time at Honda motorcycle dealership, nearby breakfast restaurant, local BMW motorcycle dealer and later at Sweet Tomatoes, a salad bar buffet infested with liberal minded/snow bird patrons who will often weep at the sight of a holstered hand gun.

During my chores yesterday, I passed by Border Patrol Agents, Tucson Police on bicycles and on motorcycles and a Pima County Sheriff sitting in traffic checking out my GW.

I observed - No comments from anyone, no evil stares, no screaming moms clutching their offspring, no panicked calls to 911 - nothing.

I like Arizona.

GWbiker

OT but do you like your P6? J&G has a bunch of buyback ones right now and I'm seriously thinking about one...

West German Police surplus P-6 8+1 is a lotta' bang for the buck, IMO. I bought mine last year in a private deal for $400, which included two Sig P6 magazines and a German pancake holster, which BTW also fits a P245 and P220.

**IF** you're going to ship a P6 from J&G to Sierra Vista, I suggest you first check with Top Gun Supply to see what Tom has in stock. My P6 is 30 year's old and wouldn't reliably feed JHP until I upgraded to a P225 barrel at $160 a pop. I've also upgraded several other parts, to where I can say - don't ask me how much I have spent on my P-6.

You might want to consider a used P225 or a used P226, for a few $$ more.

Now, back to our regular program....

KS_to_CA

Back from AZ

Back from AZ. All twelve of us. Yes twelve. For three days.

Happy to report we're all glad to spend hard earned currencies in a State that recognizes, and protects, our basic, fundamental 2A rights.

Yehehey!

Now back to the Republik of Kalifornia.

Bigals38

Another Tourist

Spending 10 days in Arizona in support of a patriotic state and in protest of San Diego. Lived in San Diego all my life, that could change.