• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Student brings handgun to Onalaska High School

CUOfficer

IMHO we wouldn't have these types of situations if students were taught about firearms in school. Firearms are a fact of life. These anti gun zealots might just as well get used to it.
I am not so sure I agree with this kid being charged with a felony at 15. No where does the story say he had any intention of hurting anyone. What is this world coming to?

After the Marinette incident, why wouldn't they charge him with everything in the book? When the officers arrested him, did he say, "oops, wonder how that got in there?" I doubt it. You can't claim that this kid was so dense that he didn't hear about the Marinette situation and thought that it was no big deal to carry a gun in to school. This isn't exactly a subject that is buried by the media; it gets plenty of attention. Just because he says he had "no intention" doesn't mean he wasn't just waiting until 6th period to pull it out. I bet you would feel different if your kids attended that school?

Last edited:

LR Yote 312

After the Marinette incident, why wouldn't they charge him with everything in the book? When the officers arrested him, did he say, "oops, wonder how that got in there?" I doubt it. You can't claim that this kid was so dense that he didn't hear about the Marinette situation and thought that it was no big deal to carry a gun in to school. This isn't exactly a subject that is buried by the media; it gets plenty of attention. Just because he says he had "no intention" doesn't mean he wasn't just waiting until 6th period to pull it out. I bet you would feel different if your kids attended that school?

All the gang and drug problems down here I woulda bought my kid a steak.

LR Yote

Archangel

Just curious. The LaCrosse Tribune article lists A7 as the spot where they have a picture of the handgun. But I can't seem to find it.

I'm just curious as to what kind of a handgun a 15 year old acquired?

Can anybody else see the picture?

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
The latest news it that he MAY be charged with the GFSZ infraction and suspended for a time. His buddy that gave him the gun may be in trouble as well.

Don't forget, this is a school; they are kids; they should know better.

Jon Bonavia

Banned
"Any kid knows not to take a gun to school." But they do. Any responsible civilian knows not to take a gun to school, but they do.

Who is it that wants to rescind the state and federal GFSZ?

Thank you for the warm welcome.

wrightme

"Any kid knows not to take a gun to school." But they do. Any responsible civilian knows not to take a gun to school, but they do.

That is an easy one. Those persons who do not want to assist criminals by creating defense-free zones where criminals can act with impunity.

I take it that you advocate creating such zones where criminals can have a reasonable expectation that no potential victims are going to be armed. Is that your position?

paul@paul-fisher.com

Do you not find it ironic that we allow you here but you block us from posting n your Facebook group?

I did the unthinkable when someone asked a question and provided a link to an article from the paragon of pro gun journalism, the New York Times and that was deleted and I was promptly unfriended.

Unlike your group, we allow civil discourse, including disagreement.

oak1971

Criminals pay no attention to gun laws, that is why they don't work, they only disarm the law abiding. Of course, that is your real intent, to disarm and enslave the law abiding while letting criminals prey on us all.

Interceptor_Knight

Who is it that wants to rescind the state and federal GFSZ?.

Any reasonable responsible Adult should wish to do so. It serves no purpose and is simply fuzzy "feel good" stupidity. It gives the illusion of security while actually only restricting law abiding citizens. There is a vast difference between keeping firearms out of the hallways of schools and charging one with a felony because they are peacefully carrying a holstered handgun over 300 yards from the boundary of School property. Absolutely zero common sense in the GFSZ legislation.

Last edited:

protias

Any reasonable responsible Adult should wish to do so. It serves no purpose and is simply fuzzy "feel good" stupidity. It gives the illusion of security while actually only restricting law abiding citizens. There is a vast difference between keeping firearms out of the hallways of schools and charging one with a felony because they are peacefully carrying a holstered handgun over 300 yards from the boundary of School property. Absolutely zero common sense in the GFSZ legislation.

300 yards isn't all that far. I do not practice as often as I'd like with my rifles, but I can do center bulls eye with my 308 all day long at 200 yards. Granted, another it would be another 100 yards, but that's just a few clicks on the scope.

And just to make it perfectly clear, I am not going to be firing at any person unless my life is in imminent danger.

LR Yote 312

300 yards isn't all that far. I do not practice as often as I'd like with my rifles, but I can do center bulls eye with my 308 all day long at 200 yards. Granted, another it would be another 100 yards, but that's just a few clicks on the scope.

And just to make it perfectly clear, I am not going to be firing at any person unless my life is in imminent danger.

Hopefully not with your .308.

:D

300 yrd head shots with a .308 dont take much practice at all.

Reachin 500 yrds with a 9mm isnt all that hard either.

LR yote

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Not everyone watches the news. If it was not for this fourm, I, myself would have known nothing about the Marinette incident. It is plausable to me that this kid did not know about it. Maybe he did, but I cannot assume that.

BROKENSPROKET

And that applies how?

My point is that any kid knows not to take a gun to school. How is that even debatable?

I agree with the first sentence. With the anti-gun indocrination that has risen in the last two decades, no student can play dumb and say they did not know or thought is was no big deal. Kids get suspended for making a gun gesture with thier hand.

What is debattable is what he should be charged with. Minor possesion of a firearm, possesion of a firearm in a public building, and maybe disorderly conduct.

BROKENSPROKET

Criminals pay no attention to gun laws, that is why they don't work, they only disarm the law abiding. Of course, that is your real intent, to disarm and enslave the law abiding while letting criminals prey on us all.

This has to be thier agenda, becuase I don't understand how they can miss this simple logic.

GlockRDH

Do you not find it ironic that we allow you here but you block us from posting n your Facebook group?

I did the unthinkable when someone asked a question and provided a link to an article from the paragon of pro gun journalism, the New York Times and that was deleted and I was promptly unfriended.

Unlike your group, we allow civil discourse, including disagreement.

Thats exactly what it is Paul...Their FB group cant deal with questions that involve reason...only emotion laden feel-good warm-fuzzy statements. I was also banned from posting there..because i DARED to ask questions. To which no answers were ever received.