• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new qt on first capitol

kylemoul

will occasionally OC in there. lately around 755AM i have seen a couple st charles city/county leo in there getting sodas or whatever, looks to be on their way to work.

the times i seen them i was CC cause it was raining. now being nicer i ran into them today but i did not OC.
call me chicken, but i started thinking, what if one of them decides to stop me? i am on my way to work. he might make me late for work, or what if he arrests me? ill miss work and can get fired...who knows he may do nothing.

also being a friday i would not like wrongful arrest and sit over the weekend, especially i have to get my prize money tonight for bowling :)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
the times i seen them i was CC cause it was raining. now being nicer i ran into them today but i did not OC.
call me chicken, but i started thinking, what if one of them decides to stop me? i am on my way to work. he might make me late for work, or what if he arrests me? ill miss work and can get fired...who knows he may do nothing.

Ok chicken.

Not sure why you want to be called chicken but I hope it helped :p

Nothing wrong with your approach, and it is not chicken, it is surviving to advocate another day. Two possibilities existed, they would do and say nothing, or they would do and say something. Risking your lively-hood on a 50/50 bet would be the works of a compulsive gambler.

I do not open carry on the way to work as I am not allowed guns at work or even in the vehicle/parking lot. While I agree with those whom say they do not want the government saying what can be done with private property, I offer this is a dual private property issue and I do not feel an employer has the right to tell you what you can or can not have in your car. If the lot has public access then there should be 0 ability for the private owner of that property to regulate the contents of private vehicles on it, the end.

Your situation you faced today is not a big deal or act of a coward, it is wisdom so you kept your freedom from being wrongfully taken or delayed so you may advocate another day when such risk do not have the same implications and results.

I would rather have the wise on our side vs the bold whom may not be able to afford their freedom if wrongfully treated.

William Fisher

ok chicken.

Not sure why you want to be called chicken but i hope it helped :p

nothing wrong with your approach, and it is not chicken, it is surviving to advocate another day. Two possibilities existed, they would do and say nothing, or they would do and say something. Risking your lively-hood on a 50/50 bet would be the works of a compulsive gambler.

I do not open carry on the way to work as i am not allowed guns at work or even in the vehicle/parking lot. While i agree with those whom say they do not want the government saying what can be done with private property, i offer this is a dual private property issue and i do not feel an employer has the right to tell you what you can or can not have in your car. If the lot has public access then there should be 0 ability for the private owner of that property to regulate the contents of private vehicles on it, the end.

Your situation you faced today is not a big deal or act of a coward, it is wisdom so you kept your freedom from being wrongfully taken or delayed so you may advocate another day when such risk do not have the same implications and results.

I would rather have the wise on our side vs the bold whom may not be able to afford their freedom if wrongfully treated.

ditto!

zekester

I oc there all the time and with the LEO present...never a word...and all I do there is buy beer...I buy my gas next door at the 66...so they will keep that gas war going.

mspgunner

Glad to do my part.

Doc

And you did it well! I OC'd in Bass Pro, no problems. A friend of mine took his "bow" in for service, they tied something around it to make it non-functional while he was in the the store. He asked me why I could carry a firearm and he had to have his bow essentially rendered harmless. I told him archery is dangerous and he should limit himself to the safety of modern firearms so he wouldn't get a hassel!
He didn't take it very well.....