• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MO DMV "Official" Don't Tred on Me" License plate!

mspgunner

MODontTred.jpg

I can't believe they actually did this!

Morpheus97

This looks like an attempt to see how little effort they could put into the design. I was planning to get one, but I expected it to be yellow with the coiled snake on it somewhere. I won't waste the money on this garbage.

Last edited:

KBCraig

Seriously? Now THIS is how to make a proper Gadsden plate:

Dont-tread-TX-270x138.jpg

It's funny that Missouri is issuing the plates. Doesn't the MIAC report categorize anyone displaying the phrase as a possible domestic terrorist?

Tony4310

Problem is Liberal St.Louis and KC would say it screams racism! Also probably why we didn't get a fitting design.

mspgunner

Problem is Liberal St.Louis and KC would say it screams racism! Also probably why we didn't get a fitting design.

Well, maybe now soem folks will understand why electing a pro-2A Secretary of State is inportant, we don't have one here in Missouri and that's who "approved" the
stupid plate! Vote smart, or we get more stupidity!

wow6599

I ordered one.....hopefully that isn't what I'll get. I have my fingers crossed that the DMV/DOR's site hasn't been updated with the proper picture of the plate. I noticed the small change from "The Show-Me State" to "Don't Tread on Me" too, but I'm waiting to see what I'll get when they come in. I tried calling Jeff City today to inquire about the plate, but I was caller #23 in line.......#18 after 30 minutes :banghead:

BTW, anyone actually seen one in person yet? I thought they were supposed to look something like this - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YRIE4GxIIHA/ThsHBTDmU2I/AAAAAAAAArg/r-9I-emtSVE/s1600/MO-DTOM.jpg

Last edited:

mspgunner

I ordered one.....hopefully that isn't what I'll get. I have my fingers crossed that the DMV/DOR's site hasn't been updated with the proper picture of the plate. I noticed the small change from "The Show-Me State" to "Don't Tread on Me" too, but I'm waiting to see what I'll get when they come in. I tried calling Jeff City today to inquire about the plate, but I was caller #23 in line.......#18 after 30 minutes :banghead:

BTW, anyone actually seen one in person yet? I thought they were supposed to look something like this - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YRIE4GxIIHA/ThsHBTDmU2I/AAAAAAAAArg/r-9I-emtSVE/s1600/MO-DTOM.jpg

We hoped they would like that that! The plate is what you see on the DVM web site, you may be one of the few who gets one. As badly as i wanted one, that is not what "we" expected. It was approved by the secretary of State, we got what we elected.... This will change next year! Just goes to show you how importatnt the positon is.... We've been took!

As far as chaning the plate goes, I have no idea if that can happen, if it can, I hope it will, then I'd buy in.

wow6599

We hoped they would like that that! The plate is what you see on the DVM web site, you may be one of the few who gets one. As badly as i wanted one, that is not what "we" expected. It was approved by the secretary of State, we got what we elected.... This will change next year! Just goes to show you how importatnt the positon is.... We've been took!

As far as chaning the plate goes, I have no idea if that can happen, if it can, I hope it will, then I'd buy in.

If it looks like the plate on the DMV's site, I'm not taking it. I'll post what I get from them. I didn't have to pay for the plate, so if it's not a real Gadsden type plate...they can keep it.
Like I posted earlier, fingers crossed that it's a bad picture on the DMV's site.

mspgunner

If it looks like the plate on the DMV's site, I'm not taking it. I'll post what I get from them. I didn't have to pay for the plate, so if it's not a real Gadsden type plate...they can keep it.
Like I posted earlier, fingers crossed that it's a bad picture on the DMV's site.

Sorry to tell you it is not the Gadsden plate - BUT if it is....... But it's not.

Griz

anyone get a response back, yet? they seem to be ignoring my email.