• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Joplin OC?

Torquemaster69

Does anyone have the current handgun law for Joplin? Specifically, I want to know whether OC is legal or not for Joplin. There is this guy at work that keeps telling me that OC is illegal because he has "contacts" within Newton County and they told him that. I get the feeling that he is talking out of his rear.

Slowmo

Does anyone have the current handgun law for Joplin? Specifically, I want to know whether OC is legal or not for Joplin. There is this guy at work that keeps telling me that OC is illegal because he has "contacts" within Newton County and they told him that. I get the feeling that he is talking out of his rear.

Last I heard it was. There have been a few OC meetings in Joplin at Starbucks in the last few years.

Never know when it can be outlawed.

I was at Steves a few days ago and heard one of the employees blabbering about OC to a customer. The employee is a retired LEO but he did not seem to have his facts straight. It was a bunch of freakin gibberish he was babbling.

Anyway hope that was not you he was filling with sh@t.

kcgunfan

It can certainly be outlawed.

Our usual advice is to not get legal advice from LEO's because they reply aren't too knowledgeable outside of traffic laws, and may very well be pursuing a pessimal or departmental agenda rather what the law says.

Having said that, Google is your friend. Since it was a county deputy that "said" this, it would be a good idea to check the county ordinances also.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2