• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Print rules in Nevada???

BaldnBlk

I got a question to you experienced CCW holders.. If I have a CCW and carry concealed but my shirt reveals it from time to time due to movement or my big belly am I still legal? Texas has a No-Printing law. Meaning if ur gun can be seen under or thru your clothing it's illegal.

Frantic84

I got a question to you experienced CCW holders.. If I have a CCW and carry concealed but my shirt reveals it from time to time due to movement or my big belly am I still legal? Texas has a No-Printing law. Meaning if ur gun can be seen under or thru your clothing it's illegal.

Nevada being an OC state makes the visibility not an issue. being a CCW holder in now way affects OC. fully or partially concealed does not matter as long as you posses a CCW.

In other words there is no NRS code or penalty if it is visible

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

Nevada being an OC state makes the visibility not an issue. being a CCW holder in now way affects OC. fully or partially concealed does not matter as long as you posses a CCW.

In other words there is no NRS code or penalty if it is visible

Agree with ^^^^^. Usually, you'll only have problems with "printing" in states where CCW is the only legal way to carry, like Texas and Florida (OC is not legal).

Because OC is legal in Nevada, printing is a non-issue.

Last edited:

Frantic84

Agree with ^^^^^. Usually, you'll only have problems with "printing" in states where CCW is the only legal way to carry, like Texas and Florida (OC is not legal).

Because OC is legal in Nevada, printing is a non-issue.

note exactly related but can someone tell me where the term "printing" comes from in relation to firearms?

FallonJeeper

Printing, in regards to firearms, is the shape of a firearm pushing out against the material, showing the shape of the firearm.

Imprinting is what happens when you push a harder object into a a softer object and it leaves a mark or impression.

"Imprinting" present participle of im·print (Verb)

Verb:

1.Impress or stamp (a mark or outline) on a surface or body: "tire marks were imprinted in the snow".
2.Make an impression or mark on (something): "clothes imprinted with logos".

Close, but different.

Last edited:

jdholmes

Obviously different - I was just saying I figured that is where the word came from because of the similarity...

You know... like a hard gun pushing into a soft shirt and making an impression of the gun underneath? :p

28kfps

Thanks for all the info and quick replies guys ...I love this site.

Just to shore up what has already been said a few weeks back I got the attention of a Nye County LEO after she got me on radar doing 76 in a 45. (Yes, I was in a hurry). On my way to church, one of very few times I CC. She asked for my paperwork that was in the center console of my truck. I ended up having to reach to the back of the console.

After handing her the paper work, she asked if I was carrying. I said yes I am. I was surprised and asked her what made her ask. My truck an older 4X4 sets tall, she had a clear eye level view of my left side, and as I reached, it allowed my firearm to bulge my shirt.

She asked if I have a permit, I said sure do, gave it to her, she checked it out and gave it back. Went back to her cruiser came back with a ticket marked with 1-10 mph over. A very nice break when she could have wrote me for 30+ over. Therefore, a case printing is not an issue if CCing with a permit.

FallonJeeper

Obviously different - I was just saying I figured that is where the word came from because of the similarity...

You know... like a hard gun pushing into a soft shirt and making an impression of the gun underneath? :p

I'm wit ya, I wasn't disagreeing. ;o)