• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Military Surplus

WalkingWolf

Good luck OP, MS is not the haven of inexpensive quality equipment it used to be. Much of it now is MS replica/copies, and it is not inexpensive.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I grew up not far from Hahn's Surplus. It was the genuine article back then, but I've not set foot in that place in two decades. I hear it is mostly imported crap now. Please post a review after you check it out.

njkennelly

Yup not worth it in my opinion. One of the things I went in for i found retail for $450, Hahn's had it for $349, on Amazon for $120 (all brand new). I didn't see one price that I would consider decent with the exception of the issue can openers ($.50)

WalkingWolf

That's somehow fitting, as the guy in your avatar was also a replica.

"Iron Eyes Cody" was actually an Italian-American named Espera Oscar de Corti.
AND? SO?

It is a avatar, not a avatar store or military surplus store, besides the fact I am not him just using a pic. What is your point and what in the helll does it have to do with the OP? I really do not understand the anger over my avatar, but if that is what floats your boat, you have my condolences.

Bernymac

There's also Madman Army Surplus by Sahara. There are signs that state they are closing, but going inside seems like it is not. It may be a gimmick to get people to come in. However, you get a discount of 25% if you buy 2 items of the same price or as some would advertise "Buy One Get the Second Item (of equal or lesser value) for 50% off" :p

Nevada carrier

Mad Man's is overpriced on some things as well... ammo cans being one of them... a lot of his stuf isn't surplus, it's retail tacticool gear. You might also consider the "zombie apolcolyps store" on spring mountain.

Harley

I believe the only true "surplus" stores in the valley are Hahns and Mad Mans if im not mistaken. Options for that sort of thing are limited here.
I typically get my stuff online from U.S. Cavalry.

WalkingWolf

And so I found the irony amusing, especially if you were unaware of "Cody's" true heritage (as the vast majority of people are). I also found it amusing when discussing vulcanology with a guy who had Leonard Nimoy as his avatar.

The only anger here seems to be coming from you.

Glad you were amused! I find it amusing that people lose so much sleep over a non offensive avatar, so much so they can't resist making comments. So do you also laugh hysterically at avatars of other actors who play doctors when they are not doctors, or bandits when they are not bandits, or maybe a cowboy who is not a cowboy? I find the irony funny at what floats people's boats especially when it has nothing to do with a OP. Actually strike the irony, and replace it with pathetic.:rolleyes:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

If it is ammo cans you are looking for There is a dude that is set up in Beatty Nevada (approx 100 miles north) he has a huge amount. I do not know what his prices are like, but I would assume pretty fair. Someone can stop by on their next trip north, and reconnoiter the situation.... then we could possibly all go for the "bulk Buy as well as pitch in for gas.

The Big Guy

If it is ammo cans you are looking for There is a dude that is set up in Beatty Nevada (approx 100 miles north) he has a huge amount. I do not know what his prices are like, but I would assume pretty fair. Someone can stop by on their next trip north, and reconnoiter the situation.... then we could possibly all go for the "bulk Buy as well as pitch in for gas.
He is a very friendly sort and does have a huge supply of any kind you would want. His prices are good and he will haggle a bit with you. I've bought quite a few from him....TBG.......http://rvtravel.com/blog/chuck/2007/02/selling-ammo-boxes-by-road.html

Last edited:

punisherprice

been to madman's and he is a little off his rocker. He doesn't allow people to use their cellphones inside his store. There was(or used to be) a sign that said "No cellphones or video recording allowed" on the front door. I pulled out my phone to check the time and he acted like I pulled a gun :confused:. I forgot to tell him that he left his tinfoil hat at home. -.- Also very overpriced.