• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The CDC and Gun Control

McLintock

It's crazy how the goberment needs to spend all this money to figure out what most people already know. Plus why would he appoint the CDC to head this "study"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
It's crazy how the goberment needs to spend all this money to figure out what most people already know. Plus why would he appoint the CDC to head this "study"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Government doesn't do studies to find out. Government does studies to support its initiatives or refute the opposition. Science politicized.

The CDC study was likely by someone not overly impressed with the regime's position on gun control and who also felt a bit secure in their job.

But, do notice that whoever wrote that summary was not totally insensitive to the government's intentions. They wrote that whether gun restrictions work to reduce crime is an unresolved issue.

MagiK_SacK

Government doesn't do studies to find out. Government does studies to support its initiatives or refute the opposition. Science politicized.

The CDC study was likely by someone not overly impressed with the regime's position on gun control and who also felt a bit secure in their job.

But, do notice that whoever wrote that summary was not totally insensitive to the government's intentions. They wrote that whether gun restrictions work to reduce crime is an unresolved issue.

The study was done as one if Obama's 23 gun control executive orders after the sandy hook incident.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/16/obama-to-announce-gun-control-proposals-shortly/

14. “Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.”

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I have sent this to a troubling representative in our State gov. Just like to keep antis informed. You never know, they may see the light with more evidence.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The study was done as one if Obama's 23 gun control executive orders after the sandy hook incident.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/16/obama-to-announce-gun-control-proposals-shortly/

14. “Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.”

Numerous studies have already been done by the CDC's Morditity group ... investigating deaths caused by firearms. The Injury Prevention group has also looked into firearm deaths. So have others.

I have not read the recent, presidential study, but it gathered no new data or no new vast amount of data. If they wanted to do this right, it would have been a 10 yr study.

The state of CA also requires testing of handguns to insure their "safety" and no handgun is known to the state to have failed their required testing and CA has put on their "approved" list tens of thousands of handguns over time. Its now clear that the CA testing requirements now have nothing to do with safety and all to do with trying to limit gun ownership.

The results of all these studies and testing results in a conclusion that guns are basically safe instruments and that deaths are either from suicide, horseplay, and criminal activity. Not from ordinary folks carrying. But public officials do not care...they are antis for the most part.