• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not a FanBoy

WalkingWolf

You all by now know I own two Glocks, I got them for a good price. I am by no means a fanboy for any gun, but I did join the Glock forum thinking I would learn something. I learned that if you do not trash every gun made but a Glock you a Glock hater.

I came across this youtube and thought it was funny considering how over the top some Glock owners are. Honestly guys take a chill pill.

[video=youtube;UsyY5ecNs4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsyY5ecNs4k[/video]

1245A Defender

Well,,,

quoted just to see the "whole" video

You all by now know I own two Glocks, I got them for a good price. I am by no means a fanboy for any gun, but I did join the Glock forum thinking I would learn something. I learned that if you do not trash every gun made but a Glock you a Glock hater.I came across this youtube and thought it was funny considering how over the top some Glock owners are. Honestly guys take a chill pill.[video=youtube;UsyY5ecNs4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsyY5ecNs4k[/video]

quoted just so I can see the "whole" video

Firearms Iinstuctor

Same could said about 1911 45acp owners among many others. Some times I think 1911 45acp owners are worse the. Glock fan boys.

I own Glocks and several other brands as along as they work I keep them around. If they don't work I have no need for them no matter who made it.

Gallowmere

Same could said about 1911 45acp owners among many others. Some times I think 1911 45acp owners are worse the. Glock fan boys.

I own Glocks and several other brands as along as they work I keep them around. If they don't work I have no need for them no matter who made it.

My current carry is a Ruger SR1911. My next purchase will likely be a Glock 19. I may carry both at the same time, so I can truly ascend to Sidearm Valhalla.

WalkingWolf

From what I have seen it has been the owners of high end 1911s that have the same syndrome, like Kimber fanboys. There just are larger number of Glock fanboys, because there are more Glocks.

WalkingWolf

My current carry is a Ruger SR1911. My next purchase will likely be a Glock 19. I may carry both at the same time, so I can truly ascend to Sidearm Valhalla.

Ahhh you will be scolded for carrying any Ruger in Glock world. I thought the Hi Point would be the most trashed weapon there, but it seems to be the Ruger.

DanNabis

Thanks for sharing. That was pretty amusing.
I'm on the Glock Forum also and I guess some members can get pretty zealous.
I appreciate Glocks and am not brand loyal either. I've got the pokemon mentality a little bit, I'd like to try them all.
:)

wizzi01

You all by now know I own two Glocks, I got them for a good price. I am by no means a fanboy for any gun, but I did join the Glock forum thinking I would learn something. I learned that if you do not trash every gun made but a Glock you a Glock hater.

1911 45 acp owners are way worse

Rusty Young Man

From what I have seen it has been the owners of high end 1911s that have the same syndrome, like Kimber fanboys. There just are larger number of Glock fanboys, because there are more Glocks.
Ahhh you will be scolded for carrying any Ruger in Glock world. I thought the Hi Point would be the most trashed weapon there, but it seems to be the Ruger.

Anyone who knows anything about firearms knows the legendary 1911 design which was handed down to John Moses Browning from above. And any self-respecting person would only carry a Colt 1911 made in the image of the first 1911, chambered in the caliber which starteth with the holy number "4".
I'll have nothing to do with any of these corrupted forms made by the likes of Kimber and Para Ordnance, who have defiled what was once pure.:p
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: (3 eye-rolling smileys in case anyone didn't catch my over-the-top sarcasm; it's all in good fun)
I almost went with an SR1911 for my first gun. Still glad I got my SA 1911-A1 instead (I don't trust adjustable sights for a carry gun). Tough call, seeing as I really want a "Made in AZ" stamp on the frame. I'm considering building one and doing that myself (not illegal as long as I don't sell or transfer it).
I respect the reliability of Glocks, just don't like their grip angle or grip ergonomics. I'd still buy a Glock over a Kimber 1911 though.

The 1911 fanboys include the Colt, the Kimber, and the "super-tactical" subgroups.

Last edited:

solus

will the alien who has taken control of WW please release him unharmed...

images.jpg

ipse

Rusty Young Man

I am in the market for a SR1911 just because I think they are well made and the price is right.

I really find Stainless handguns a lot more practical the blued steel ones.

My stainless P90 is just as useful.

But I like guns of all kinds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZk0RdzDrVs

The price is definitely right for a stainless firearm, and I like having a little more peace of mind regarding corrosion. (paranoid, or prepared?:lol:)
Good video link. I see it's the version with on-screen lyrics.

Primus

The price is definitely right for a stainless firearm, and I like having a little more peace of mind regarding corrosion. (paranoid, or prepared?:lol:)
Good video link. I see it's the version with on-screen lyrics.

Polymer doesn't rust.... lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

wimwag

That's because nobody has admitted to carrying anything made by InterOrdnance. Yet. 😆

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

Kopis

I think this attitude extends far beyond firearms. As pointed out 1911 owners can be the same way (i have 5 glocks, love them) 3 1911s and several others. Each has it's own unique characteristics.

But ford/chevy/dodge owners are the same way... Cummins engines vs powerstrokes.... gays/christians. Muslims/non muslims. The entire world seems determined to impress their views on you no matter if it is a choice of firearm or God. Personally, what works for me, may not work for you. I encourage all prospective gun owners to go to a range, handle quite a few then rent their favs and pick what works best for them.