• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Airport carry, not airside

JustaShooter

Can you openly carry a long gun inside airports in Ohio?

I know you cannot conceal carry as part of the permit law. But I cannot find anything against open carry.

The last time I was at an Ohio airport (Akron/Canton) they had "no guns" signs on the entrance doors. Wouldn't surprise me if most or all of the others do as well. But in the absence of a law against it (and I can't find one beyond the concealed carry prohibition) then it is presumptively legal, as long as it isn't posted.

MikeLovell

The last time I was at an Ohio airport (Akron/Canton) they had "no guns" signs on the entrance doors. Wouldn't surprise me if most or all of the others do as well. But in the absence of a law against it (and I can't find one beyond the concealed carry prohibition) then it is presumptively legal, as long as it isn't posted.

So an airport can post, and it carries the weight of law? Well - That's that then. They'll all post.

Darn.

comonsense

So an airport can post, and it carries the weight of law? Well - That's that then. They'll all post.

Darn.

Well you have to look at the climate at airports post 9/11. If someone walks into an airport armed most passengers will see that as a threat as will tsa. Hence the no firearms allowed signage.

comonsense

You are saying that the signs are due to the threat perceived by the sheeple and The Sheeple Agents? I don't think so.

The signs are not there for that I am not saying that. What I am saying is in this day and agethings have changed.

comonsense

And if the change is allowed to stand, the battle is lost.

FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown said keeping boxcutters off planes was an industry requirement, not a government order. She said the FAA allowed airline passengers to carry blades less than four inches long before Sept. 11. Government rules now prohibit such items

Faa had allowed some items prior to 9-11 now with security ran by the federal government you can't carry on mouth wash..lol .let alone bring a hand gun into a airport terminal area openly. Now conceal it and chances are real good tsa misses it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown said keeping boxcutters off planes was an industry requirement, not a government order. She said the FAA allowed airline passengers to carry blades less than four inches long before Sept. 11. Government rules now prohibit such items

Faa had allowed some items prior to 9-11 now with security ran by the federal government you can't carry on mouth wash..lol .let alone bring a hand gun into a airport terminal area openly. Now conceal it and chances are real good tsa misses it.
You have a lot to learn about making blanket, unsupported statements. Federal law only prohibits gun carriers from taking their weapons into a security screening area or beyond.

There are different laws in different states - there is no one size fits all.

http://www.aci-na.org/sites/default/files/e._lee_thomson_-_april_17.pdf

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/guns-allowed-in-some-airport-terminals/