• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

when &where is the next OC dining out event in the Phoenix metro area?

kenpoprofessor

THE JULY OPEN CARRY DINNER WILL BE AT GOLDEN CORRAL IN GLENDALE IT'S LOCATED AT 5679 WEST NORTHERN AVE IN GLENDALE ON JULY 17TH BEGINNING AT 6PM .

Wonder how many people from this forum will be there? Probably just one as usual.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Cava3r4

how many were at the last one?
I went to one down in South Scottsdale and about 73 folks showed up.
even made a 5 second cut on the 10 PM news.
Bob

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
THE JULY OPEN CARRY DINNER WILL BE AT GOLDEN CORRAL IN GLENDALE IT'S LOCATED AT 5679 WEST NORTHERN AVE IN GLENDALE ON JULY 17TH BEGINNING AT 6PM .

Wonder how many people from this forum will be there? Probably just one as usual.

Clyde

Start a new thread for the next one with date in the title and ask Administrator for a sticky so it will stay on top - they will come.

kenpoprofessor

Start a new thread for the next one with date in the title and ask Administrator for a sticky so it will stay on top - they will come.

I've been posting about these dinners since we started 19 months ago, is that enough notification? I don't even bother anymore unless someone asks, and then doesn't even show.

Clyde

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I've been posting about these dinners since we started 19 months ago, is that enough notification? I don't even bother anymore unless someone asks, and then doesn't even show.

Clyde

Sorry for asking and not showing up. I'm kinda 2000 miles away... A bit of a commute for a cheap meal at GC...

:p

protector84

I personally think it is extremely ridiculous that this is a forum dedicated to open carry and almost every time there is a post about an OC dinner nobody shows up. It is true that Kenpo and others have repeatedly announced dates and times here and again nobody shows up. The first one I went to was the Hometown Buffet in around June 2009 or earlier. I was surprised to find that virtually everyone there was from the ArizonaShooting.com forum and that me and maybe one other person was actually from OCDO. Sure enough ever since the only people who show up are from AZS even though the info is cross-posted here. Some members here have repeatedly asked when the events are and even said they would come on several occasions only to never show up. That's why I hardly post to this board anymore. Everybody seems to love talking about open carry yet hardly anyone actually does it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I personally think it is extremely ridiculous that this is a forum dedicated to open carry and almost every time there is a post about an OC dinner nobody shows up. It is true that Kenpo and others have repeatedly announced dates and times here and again nobody shows up. The first one I went to was the Hometown Buffet in around June 2009 or earlier. I was surprised to find that virtually everyone there was from the ArizonaShooting.com forum and that me and maybe one other person was actually from OCDO. Sure enough ever since the only people who show up are from AZS even though the info is cross-posted here. Some members here have repeatedly asked when the events are and even said they would come on several occasions only to never show up. That's why I hardly post to this board anymore. Everybody seems to love talking about open carry yet hardly anyone actually does it.

And that is a reason to give up?

Are the people from AZS OCing? Even if only you are the only one doing so, it does spread the word.

We do not have members here or people people "from" OCDO - the site is informational and people do read what is posted here. The victory often goes to the tortoise not the hare - keep on pluggin'.

TOF

AZS has 10,426 members, OC has 22,868. On the premise all states are equaly represented at OC, Arizona will have around 440 OC members. If the majority of AZS members are from Arizona, lets say 8,000 of them, I would expect a 20 to 1 ratio of attendance from the 2 forums.

It looks to me like both forums have equal participation.

Whats the problem?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
AZS has 10,426 members, OC has 22,868. On the premise all states are equaly represented at OC, Arizona will have around 440 OC members. If the majority of AZS members are from Arizona, lets say 8,000 of them, I would expect a 20 to 1 ratio of attendance from the 2 forums.

It looks to me like both forums have equal participation.

Whats the problem?

On the old server/format the state totals were easy to determine for those that included it in their profile. I would bet from previous comparisons that the total is less than half of your estimate and some of them will have no activity/postings.

Those that do frequent OCDO are those that are most likely to be "on the front lines" and participate in events. Next time you go to one, bring a newbie and help the movement grow.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'm not sure this is really about giving up.

Do you have get-togethers for people who wear pants?

It's AZ. OC if rather normal. I don't think people take it for granted, or have given up. I think it has succeeded so completely that it isn't a big deal anymore. I tend not to take special time out of my life to throw a party for people (including myself) who have 5 toes on each foot. It's just not a big deal.

So be happy! You did it!

I'm not saying they should stop happening. I think that Kenpo and company just need to realize that the perspective has changed. There's no reason to feel let down. It worked! Just don't expect a lot of people to show up. "Hell yeah, look at us, we can tie our shoes!!! Party people put your hands in the air!!!"

The goal was to make OC 'normal.' It is. Normal isn't something that people tend to get excited about, because it's normal. Hence, success.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm not sure this is really about giving up.

Do you have get-togethers for people who wear pants?

It's AZ. OC if rather normal. I don't think people take it for granted, or have given up. I think it has succeeded so completely that it isn't a big deal anymore. I tend not to take special time out of my life to throw a party for people (including myself) who have 5 toes on each foot. It's just not a big deal.

So be happy! You did it!

I'm not saying they should stop happening. I think that Kenpo and company just need to realize that the perspective has changed. There's no reason to feel let down. It worked! Just don't expect a lot of people to show up. "Hell yeah, look at us, we can tie our shoes!!! Party people put your hands in the air!!!"

The goal was to make OC 'normal.' It is. Normal isn't something that people tend to get excited about, because it's normal. Hence, success.

Think that Arizona definitely enjoys a lofty place regarding RKBA and OC, but complacency should not become a policy.

Most people have five toes. Most people wear pants. Most people do not carry guns or OC even in Arizona - more should. That is the message that still needs to be broadcast.