• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senior Centers fall under MCL 123.1102 ????

CharleyMarbles

Back to the OP though, I can if you wish meet with Mr. Stout and inquire about it as I am just around the cornner from there (literaly)? FYI Mr. Stout is the Clio city attorney. And I have spoken to him on a few occasions concerning my situation. He (seams) to be if not pro gun then atleast neutral, as he did take the time to speak with me about it at the drugstore where I happnened to run into him.Also if I am not mistaken it is a colaborative affair between the City of Clio AND Vienna township. It is how ever located just outside of the city and so LE is Genesee County Sheriffs Office under contract to Vienna TWP. Let me know if you would like me to make the inquiry?

B

Bikenut

Back to the OP though, I can if you wish meet with Mr. Stout and inquire about it as I am just around the cornner from there (literaly)? FYI Mr. Stout is the Clio city attorney. And I have spoken to him on a few occasions concerning my situation. He (seams) to be if not pro gun then atleast neutral, as he did take the time to speak with me about it at the drugstore where I happnened to run into him.Also if I am not mistaken it is a colaborative affair between the City of Clio AND Vienna township. It is how ever located just outside of the city and so LE is Genesee County Sheriffs Office under contract to Vienna TWP. Let me know if you would like me to make the inquiry?

Please do inquire! We, Yooperlady and I .. and most likely other folks, would be very interested in Mr. Stout's response. And if it is a collaboration between city and township I'm sure he will talk to the township before answering you.

Ken56

I would also be interested in how this turns out as I believe the Davison senior center also prohibits. the only thing I can think that supports the prohibition is its considered a "municipal" building. ?

stainless1911

Banned
Excellent
excellent.jpg

CharleyMarbles

Ok so as it stands I am wating on a call back from Mr. Stout. I can only assume that he is getting the TWPs. oppinion on the matter if I don't hear from him on Monday I will try again just to be sure I didn't get "lost" in the shuffle.
Just keeping you all appraised of my progress :) Cheers!

lapeer20m

I would also be interested in how this turns out as I believe the Davison senior center also prohibits. the only thing I can think that supports the prohibition is its considered a "municipal" building. ?

Being a municipal building is exactly the reason they lack the authority to prohibit firearms. See mcrgo v ferndle