• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Awesome encounter at walmart

jeremy002

Ok so I was in walmart in Thomasville around 2PM on black Friday shopping with my fiancé and younger brother for Christmas decorations, as I walk in there was a Thomasville police officer at the front door he glanced down at my ruger p95 in a fobus paddle on my hip and gave me a nod. I walked around for prob 45 mins but when I walked by the ammo case I saw the lady working lock eyes with my gun slowly walk from behind it and speed walk towards the front. As soon as I saw that I knew I was about to have to start preaching the gospel of the OC church in a minute. Nothing happened for another 4 mins and then I saw it the same police officer that gave me a nod as I came in was headed towards me. So I stopped my buggy and waited on him to aproch me, by this point my 14 year old brother who is with me magically disappears down a aisle along with my fiancé. He aproches me and it goes something like this

LEO: what agency are you with?
Me: ******* security but im off duty I am carrying for my personal pertection
LEO: ok well a associate approached me and said you scared her and she wanted me to “check you out”
Me: check me out?
LEO: yes you know how some people that aren’t educated about guns can be
Me: I just stared at him in amazement and nodded my head
LEO: so what ya carrying?
Me: ruger p95
LEO: one in the chamber? (at this point I start to get nervous thinking he’s trying to find something to complain about)
Me: of course
LEO: good its nothing but a hunk of metal without it
Me: still staring at him in amazement
LEO: alright well have a good day I gotta get back
Me: alright you too

Needless to say this is the strangest but most positive encounters with a LEO yet I wish I would have gotten his name but I was to shaken up

rotorhead

Sweet. Glad it worked out for you. So many of these types of encounters turn in a negative direction it's good to see some people are not completely ignorant toward carrying.

jerz_subbie

I'm glad the encounter turned out well.

This is how all OC LEO encounters should go under these circumstances, if there is even an encounter to begin with. Obviously we can all say the LEO shouldn't even bother us if we're simply shopping & OCing and that they should simply educate the sheeple who are scared. However, I don't think there is anything wrong with the officer telling the lady, "That is completely legal, but I'll go talk to him just to make sure everything is OK," then proceeding to have a short conversation with you to make sure you're not some lunatic who will snap if the wind blows West.

The best thing that happened here is that the LEO basically had no reaction and did nothing that any other shopper couldn't have done.

jeremy002

i know he prob though something was wrong with me because after i saw saw we were having a positive dialogue i was just staring at him like i was in love

Last edited:

SFCRetired

i know he prob though something was wrong with me because after i saw saw we were having a positive dialogue i was just staring at him like i was in love

Long as you didn't kiss'em. Neither he nor your fiance would have cared for that!!:lol:

Glad you had a good encounter. I just hope we keep seeing more like that all over the country.

elixin77

very nice encounter.

Before the Pitt county range day, me and a friend swung by the local chinese emporium to pick up some last minute ammo. The girl behind the counter looked down at my gun, and then promptly asked "so, whatcha guys want?" We bought some ammo, learned that she's been working that counter for 14 years, and was pretty cool to boot.

hydroxside

Hey jeremy you can thank me for that encouter with TPD I was in their thanksgiving day with my wife and I didn't get the same response they made me put mine up cuz it might scare people shopping that have money that's what the officer told me so u got lucky. How funny we both have the same setup on guns and holsters.

hydroxside

Yeah that was the first time I have ever got stopped at walmart in Tville most of the time I get looks or they ask if I'm. A LEO

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Ok so I was in walmart in Thomasville around 2PM on black Friday shopping with my fiancé and younger brother for Christmas decorations, as I walk in there was a Thomasville police officer at the front door he glanced down at my ruger p95 in a fobus paddle on my hip and gave me a nod. I walked around for prob 45 mins but when I walked by the ammo case I saw the lady working lock eyes with my gun slowly walk from behind it and speed walk towards the front. As soon as I saw that I knew I was about to have to start preaching the gospel of the OC church in a minute. Nothing happened for another 4 mins and then I saw it the same police officer that gave me a nod as I came in was headed towards me. So I stopped my buggy and waited on him to aproch me, by this point my 14 year old brother who is with me magically disappears down a aisle along with my fiancé. He aproches me and it goes something like this

LEO: what agency are you with?
Me: ******* security but im off duty I am carrying for my personal pertection
LEO: ok well a associate approached me and said you scared her and she wanted me to “check you out”
Me: check me out?
LEO: yes you know how some people that aren’t educated about guns can be
Me: I just stared at him in amazement and nodded my head
LEO: so what ya carrying?
Me: ruger p95
LEO: one in the chamber? (at this point I start to get nervous thinking he’s trying to find something to complain about)
Me: of course
LEO: good its nothing but a hunk of metal without it
Me: still staring at him in amazement
LEO: alright well have a good day I gotta get back
Me: alright you too

Needless to say this is the strangest but most positive encounters with a LEO yet I wish I would have gotten his name but I was to shaken up

This is the new sex.

hydroxside

Yeah that's funny I had a good encounter Friday of last week with a DCSD deputy he saw it nodded and let me keep on trucking so to speak.

razor_baghdad

A few months ago the manager of Walmart here in Fayetteville walked up to me at the ATM and said 'Sir, did you know that your weapon is on 'fire'?

I say 'Yes, I'm completely comfortable knowing the status of my weapon and it's always on 'fire'.

End of discussion, continued on with my shopping.