• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ouch!

FireStar M40

Here's Your Apology..!

Eye95 said in part..

That is a deliberate and malicious misrepresentation. Shame on you.

I hope for an apology, but don't expect one.

I'm sorry if you feel the video maliciously misrepresented what happened.. and apologize that you feel the Cops actions were well within the normal bounds of good Police work.

eye95

Eye95 said in part..

I'm sorry if you feel the video maliciously misrepresented what happened.. and apologize that you feel the Cops actions were well within the normal bounds of good Police work.

Meh. I won't miss someone with 11 posts here. Off to ignoreland with you.

jag06

Here's anothher one... gotta watch out for those wheel chair guys!!

http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/05/31/36936.htm

Don't worry about it, they just tripped over their feet when they tried to gently take him down and the flashlights fell out of their belt. Due to just eating a cheeseburger and fries, they had greasy hands and the flashlights kept slipping out of their hands when they tried to pick them up, accidentally hitting the man in the head repeatedly. Beside, the suspicious man in a wheelchair was probably a menace to the public and deserved it. Maybe they were trying to save the city money, by taking out all the people in wheelchairs, there is no need to build the stupid ramps at buildings, or the special elevators to go up steps, saving the city millions in tax dolors.

At least thats what I am expecting a certain member to come in and post. The abuse from LEO's will only end when we the people stand together and say enough is enough. Until then there will be continuous assaults like this on the American People. I know all LEO's are not like this, I have several friends who are LEO's, but it is hard to go a day without seeing some form of police brutality or civil rights violations by LEO on the news, more bad apples are getting in the bunch. Hope the family wins the lawsuit and gets a settlement in the 7 figure range and the 2 officers go to jail for assault and attempted murder.

Last edited:

Phssthpok

My question is: Why couldn't they just cuff him in the chair? Bring the arms around behind the back of the chair and use two sets of cuffs to reach if necessary. There was absolutely no reason to lift him out of the chair in the first place.

Were they afraid the wheelchair bound man would flee?:uhoh:

Daylen

My question is: Why couldn't they just cuff him in the chair? Bring the arms around behind the back of the chair and use two sets of cuffs to reach if necessary. There was absolutely no reason to lift him out of the chair in the first place.

Were they afraid the wheelchair bound man would flee?:uhoh:

just put a boot on his wheels?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I have difficulty tying my legs in a knot even when I'm intentionally trying to. I don't think I could do it by accident.

B

Brentes

Hi All,
There must be something fishy in this video.
The guy must be criminal that's why police took action against him. Wondering why police office through him on the floor when they can arrest him from backwards.
Hope one day someone will solve this mystery.

papa bear

kind of ironic that this happened in front of the "African-American civil war memorial"
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/citydesk/2011/06/08/no-charges-for-dwight-harris/

he was being arrested for not obeying the orders of the officers. when they saw him drinking in public and told him to move along.

kind of ironic too, they body slammed him in front of a lawyer 9 can't throw a cat without hitting one in DC) with the"Washington legal clinic for the homeless". she was the lady trying to get the officers to help him

basically a case CAS on the police part and WWB on the victim, er, suspects part

Last edited:

irish52084

Don't know exactly what happened before the video started, but the take down was definitely intentional. That is a very common trip in many martial arts/grappling styles. Probably not needed given the wheelchair bound status of the suspect, but we don't know what happened before hand.

As for the pool of blood from a head cut, it's very common. Head wounds bleed a ton, especially when your heart rate is elevated and your cut isn't above your heart. As is the case when he's on the ground, the heart doesn't have to work as hard to pump blood to the wound because gravity isn't working against it.

papa bear

watching the video, you see the officers pick the man up out of the chair. then you see the Officer on the left put his leg out in front of the the man (classic rolling throw). as this is happening you see the officer on the right put his hand on the back of the mans head and drive it into the pavement. if this had been an accidental fall you would have seen at least the officer on the right try to catch himself.
now is this the way you want a possible handi-capped, 70 year old man, done. the only thing that would justify this, is if he had drawn a gun on them. no mention of him being armed. nothing he had done before the video started could have justified this

if this is the way you would want your grandfather, grandmother, or even your neighbor with spinal injury treated than you are one sick puppy

since9

Campaign Veteran
A LEO did this in C'ville, ran into the guy in a wheelchair and jumped out and tried to pull him back into the chair, injuring him further.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn8orkOhvwM[/video]

When you make a mistake, you should own up to it, imo.

The cruiser did pull into the parking lot next to the man in the wheelchair. That's not exactly a hit and run. Between that and the dash cam footage being release, he apparently did own up to it.