• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pumpkin shoot

Mlutz

If the range I contact today works out, we will be shooting "punkins" around 10-11am ish. Then cleaning up said "punkins". Followed by a Culvers meet in Mauston. (You all know why I love Culvers.) Then, a canoe trip... (Who does not get the joke?) I will have more info this afternoon, after talking with the range owner.

protias

If the range I contact today works out, we will be shooting "punkins" around 10-11am ish. Then cleaning up said "punkins". Followed by a Culvers meet in Mauston. (You all know why I love Culvers.) Then, a canoe trip... (Who does not get the joke?) I will have more info this afternoon, after talking with the range owner.

How about shooting at Brass Magnet's place? At least we won't have to clean up (as much).

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member

How about shooting at Brass Magnet's place? At least we won't have to clean up (as much).

I thought he was talking about last weekend when I offered. This is one week too close to deer season. Don't want to run 'em all out with loud bangs before I have a chance to shoot them. :lol: Of course, they would have some nice pumpkin to eat....deposited by natural uh...agricultural means....

So, the range is best right now. You guys will have to come out and shoot some time though.

Anyway, a range visit and Culvers sounds pretty good. I'm looking forward to meeting a couple of you that I haven't yet met.

Last edited:

Mlutz

Very dead pumpkins, a few cinder blocks, and a latter. :lol:

Edit: I have to say, Mlutz is a little girl when it comes to shooting the Mossberg 500. :lol:

This is almost true, but... The ONE HANDED action, makes it manly. Also, its ladder... :p

protias

This is almost true, but... The ONE HANDED action, makes it manly. Also, its ladder... :p

Darn grammar nazis! I'm tired, I had a long drive...I'm not really looking forward to cleaning everything tomorrow either.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
The previous or the latter ladder?

Those pumpkins were headed right for us! Luckily, Mlutz had tacti-cool gloves, a Mossberg, and 2 others with rifles that were able to stop the swarm from getting too close. :lol: ;p

protias

The previous or the latter ladder?

Those pumpkins were headed right for us! Luckily, Mlutz had tacti-cool gloves, a Mossberg, and 2 others with rifles that were able to stop the swarm from getting too close. :lol: ;p

Remember that one pumpkin that he just couldn't hit? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mlutz

Is this one of those mythical pistol-gripped, no shoulder stock, designed to be shot with one hand similar to a pistol, PUMP action weapons ?:D

Yes.
"175.60 License to carry a concealed weapon. (1)
DEFINITIONS. In this section:

(bm) “Handgun” means any weapon designed or
redesigned, or made or remade, and intended to be fired
while held in one hand and to use the energy of an explosive
to expel a projectile through a smooth or rifled bore."

Joe has the video or...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF2Cp5CV9Hk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAxjdincIng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0qaD2JecZ0

Mlutz

Remember that one pumpkin that he just couldn't hit? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Real funny guy, how about you empty a mag and cant hit a shotgun shell? I take two shots and hit it? With a gun thats 60+ years old!

protias

Real funny guy, how about you empty a mag and cant hit a shotgun shell? I take two shots and hit it? With a gun thats 60+ years old!

For some reason, that XD is shooting low. I'm going to have to have some else shoot it and confirm.