• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Time OCing!

ahughesart

My father gifted me a 22 revolver and holster and I had been waiting to try out carrying it around. Woke up in the morning and decided on breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Crap, no signs or anything out front but apparently company policy is that you cannot open carry inside "for the children." I didn't bring it in after reading this on the forum, but I did inquire to the manager inside. He checked and said that yes, it is true.

Okay, fast forward 7 hours; I needed some groceries. Usually I go to Kroger, but after having read many success stories (and having a better feeling) about WalMart OCing, i decided on there instead. I pull in, walk through the door with my piece placed on my side. Meet the greeter's eyes with a grin too big to hide... haha embarrassing. I go to the sporting goods sections, check out prices for different ammo (jeeze it's gotten expensive)... Then on to getting my pets some food. I round the corner and almost cut someone off, but carrying, I feel the need to be extra courteous to people. "Oh sorry, totally my fault," I tell him. Before I know it, I catch (presumably) his daughter eyeing my piece. Then a glance up at me and a bite on her lip. She could sure disarm me if she wanted. Juice, check. Frozen food, check. Then I run into some gangster white boy and his babymamma. I felt bad for him because I think his foot was broken... he was walking very strangely. At least until he looked down at my belt. I thought his eyebrows would pop right off the top of his head. He certainly straightened up his gait.... Maybe he thought I was his PO. :confused::confused:

And then I saw her.
That's when I realized what I loved about Kentucky, only a small minority of the women I see commonly are what I'd consider to be attractive.. But when you do find attractive girls, they are beyond anything you could ever imagine. She looked at me, I looked a her. But I digress.

Checked out, walked out. Boring right?

MilProGuy

Congrats on your "maiden" open carry!

May this be the first of many uneventful instances of open carry. :dude:

Last edited:

neuroblades

Welcome to the wonderful world of OC. I have to say that I loved your story and the humour with which you wrote it. *LMBO*

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I've been to every state east of the Mississippi, beach towns up and down the east coast, and never, ever, have I seen the amount of beautiful women that I see in Ashland anywhere else. I don't know if it's the water or what, but don't lump all of Ky in with the pretty girl comment, Ashland is a playboys dream! Just had to add that, country girls or city girls, we got em all, and most of them enjoy firearms!"haha", welcome to the world of OCing! You will find that not many people mind our right to openly carry a firearm! The majority don't even give it a second look, and then some wanna know what kind your carrying, or if your a cop, and is that legal!?! Like we would walk around with a firearm in plain view if it wasn't legal! Your off to a great start with being overly courteous to folks, it greatly helps our image, and gives the old saying, "an armed society is a polite society," some real meaning to folks. Keep up the positive attitude, and enjoy your right to self-protection.!

Last edited:

09jisaac

I've been to every state east of the Mississippi, beach towns up and down the east coast, and never, ever, have I seen the amount of beautiful women that I see in Ashland anywhere else. I don't know if it's the water or what, but don't lump all of Ky in with the pretty girl comment, Ashland is a playboys dream! Just had to add that, country girls or city girls, we got them all, and most of them enjoy firearms!!

Cite?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Ft.Myers, Ft.Lauderdale, Miami, Daytona, Cocoa Beach, Myrtle Beach, Kitts Hill, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, Manteo, Virginia Beach, Baltimore, NYC, and I still say you can't beat Ashland! I will never go northeast of Pennsylvania again in this life, that's for sure!

UnfetteredMight

I've been to every state east of the Mississippi, beach towns up and down the east coast, and never, ever, have I seen the amount of beautiful women that I see in Ashland anywhere else. I don't know if it's the water or what, but don't lump all of Ky in with the pretty girl comment, Ashland is a playboys dream! Just had to add that, country girls or city girls, we got em all, and most of them enjoy firearms!"haha", welcome to the world of OCing! You will find that not many people mind our right to openly carry a firearm! The majority don't even give it a second look, and then some wanna know what kind your carrying, or if your a cop, and is that legal!?! Like we would walk around with a firearm in plain view if it wasn't legal! Your off to a great start with being overly courteous to folks, it greatly helps our image, and gives the old saying, "an armed society is a polite society," some real meaning to folks. Keep up the positive attitude, and enjoy your right to self-protection.!

Dammit......Ashlands 3 1/2 hours away from me.....lol.

09jisaac

Be glad, like glockster said, there is something in the water...... and its all the trash that lawrence, johnson, floyd and pike dumps in the river. And I can tell you, its nothing good.... For ever pretty person in ashland there are two of those "people from walmart" people.

neuroblades

Trust me UnfetterdMight, you're definitely NOT missing anything! *LOL* I resided in the east coast of Florida for many years and the ladies down there are far classier, sweeter, nicer, and all-around lovelier than those in Kentucky, especially Eastern Kentucky and I'm not even counting the beach babes! ;)

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I will certainly disagree with both of your comments!, Ashland has many more attractive girls than not so attractive ones, and I will say there isn't much of an in-between, either Incredibly good looking or not. I will say I do not have any hard feelings towards them, I like them and they like me, so I tend to state the truth. I assume some have been shunned in the past, so they refuse to state the obvious, and don't wanna take up for the "attractive mean girl!"

UnfetteredMight

Ahh I was just kidding, there are more than enough beautiful women in my area for me. Just saw one in Kroger the other day in fact that had eyes to just die for. Should have said something, but meh wasn't really feeling that charming at the moment.

neuroblades

I will certainly disagree with both of your comments!, Ashland has many more attractive girls than not so attractive ones, and I will say there isn't much of an in-between, either Incredibly good looking or not. I will say I do not have any hard feelings towards them, I like them and they like me, so I tend to state the truth. I assume some have been shunned in the past, so they refuse to state the obvious, and don't wanna take up for the "attractive mean girl!"

By virtue of their behaviour and manners, or lack thereof, "mean girls" are NOT pretty, attractive, or any other measure of nice looking.

First impressions can be very deceiving and therefore I don't decide immediately upon people based solely upon first impression but rather based upon at least 2 or 3 encounters, if time permits. I've known females that looked very nice but once you talk to them, you learn that they're egotistical, arrogant, self-centered, spiteful, skanky, trashy, over-bearing or too many other things to really go into here.

Basically put, beauty is NOT solely based upon looks but a combination or both the inner and outer self.

OK, enough from the soapbox, we return you to the OCDO forum and Gun Talk. *LOL*

Last edited:

RealBloodMoney

First time here also

Today was my first time OCing. I would like to thank everyone on this forum. I was searching the gun law for KY when I came across this forum. I have learned so much from this forum. I would like to thank all that have posted with there knowledge and thoughts. Today I had to purchase an item and it was a good felling knowing while carrying a large sum of money I had my side arm on. I can't wait to get into my concealed class.