• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 464 - Hunting on Sunday

stickslinger

I've must of been asleep lately. Did this bill finally pass? If so, where can one find the language therein?

Thanks,

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I've must of been asleep lately. Did this bill finally pass? If so, where can one find the language therein?

Thanks,

It passed the Senate with amendments and today it was assigned to the House Agriculture sub committee,
The Amendment is:
(SB464)[SIZE=-1] AMENDMENT(S) PROPOSED BY THE SENATE
SEN. CARRICO

• 1. Line 23, substitute, after kill

• insert

• (i) any wild bird or wild animal, including any nuisance species, on Sunday within 250 yards of a place of worship or any accessory structure or facility thereof or (ii)

• Let's see if the dog hunters can screw this one up?
[/SIZE]

stickslinger

It passed the Senate with amendments and today it was assigned to the House Agriculture sub committee,
The Amendment is:
SEN. CARRICO

• insert

• (i) any wild bird or wild animal, including any nuisance species, on Sunday within 250 yards of a place of worship or any accessory structure or facility thereof or (ii)

[/SIZE]

It may go around again to clarify exactly what a "nuisance species" is. In my book that would be:

a) Ferrel hogs
b) Coyotes

did I leave any out?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It may go around again to clarify exactly what a "nuisance species" is. In my book that would be:

a) Ferrel hogs
b) Coyotes

did I leave any out?

Check the game regs at DGIF. Hogs aren't on the list I don't think. There aren't enough in Va to worry with. I think Skunks are on the list to.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

a) Ferrel hogs
b) Coyotes

did I leave any out?

1) politicians
2) hoplophobes
3) feral dogs/cats
4) starlings/grackles/English sparrows
5) non-migratory Canada geese/any Canada goose found on grounds of municipal parks, airports, golf courses
6) dog hunters found armed while trespassing

That ought to start to fill out the list.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Check the game regs at DGIF. Hogs aren't on the list I don't think. There aren't enough in Va to worry with. I think Skunks are on the list to.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/nuisance/

[h=2]Species Defined as “Nuisance” Wildlife[/h] Under the Code of Virginia (4 VAC 15-20-160) ten species are defined as nuisance species. These include:
[h=3]Mammals[/h]
[h=3]Birds[/h]
  • European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris)
  • English (house) sparrow (Passer domesticus)
  • Pigeon (Rock Dove) (Columba livia)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
1) politicians
2) hoplophobes
3) feral dogs/cats
4) starlings/grackles/English sparrows
5) non-migratory Canada geese/any Canada goose found on grounds of municipal parks, airports, golf courses
6) dog hunters found armed while trespassing

That ought to start to fill out the list.

stay safe.

Huh, that doesn't even start the list:uhoh::

Dog Hunters of any kind, Trespassers (Except scantly dressed young ladies:eek:) Democrats, MILITARY PILOTS, fat ladies in Spandex jogging suits, Old women in Leopard skin tights, small yapping dogs, other peoples kids, ATV'ers, Hikers, City People, Mountain Bikers, Game Wardens, Revenueers and Child Molesters.

That's a pretty good start:banana:

Oh did I mention Dog Hunters and Military Pilots. No limit on those Sons of B&%$%es

mk4

^^^

bahaha!!!
you and sir skidmark are cracking me up! :lol:

TFred

Don't forget this bill:

HB 855 Nuisance species; definitionto include coyotes and feral swine.

Only change is to add coyotes and feral swine to this paragraph:

"Nuisance species" means blackbirds, coyotes, crows, cowbirds, feral swine, grackles, English sparrows, starlings, or those species designated as such by regulations of the Board, and those species found committing or about to commit depredation upon ornamental or shade trees, agricultural crops, wildlife, livestock or other property or when concentrated in numbers and manners as to constitute a health hazard or other nuisance. However, the term nuisance does not include (i) animals designated as endangered or threatened pursuant to §§ 29.1-563, 29.1-564, and 29.1-566, (ii) animals classified as game or fur-bearing animals, and (iii) those species protected by state or federal law.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Understand dog hunters but I'd be interested in hearing why military pilots made your list. Don't know any but I would suspect the nature of the job would breed arrogance and cockiness.

Imagine this....You're an anti social old goat that likes his peace and quiet,not bothering anyone and expecting to not be bothered... and then out of nowhere, one of those brainless little twerps comes across your farm, tree top high, full throttle. Now imagine two or three of those idiots doing it.

Happens about every six weeks and no one ever seems to know who they belong to.

The Helicopters are better. They're slow enough that they avoid me:uhoh: I got video of them and found their Commander.

So....Military Pilots, Dog Hunters and Child Molesters....This ax handle's for you!

67GT390FB

The Amendment is:
SEN. CARRICO

• insert

[/SIZE]

Wednesday, 5:00 p.m., 4th Floor West Conference Room

this room needs to be packed. The chances of this bill getting a fair hearing are slim seeing how this is the same subcommittee that killed the house bills and is chaired by lee ware who has gone on record in the goochland gazette and the Richmond times dispatch as being opposed to this bill and a no vote if it gets to the house floor. our only recourse is to appeal to the members of the subcommittee to at least allow a fair hearing of the bill before the full committee. though i believe there is a reason this was assigned to this particular subcommittee.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Imagine this....You're an anti social old goat that likes his peace and quiet,not bothering anyone and expecting to not be bothered... and then out of nowhere, one of those brainless little twerps comes across your farm, tree top high, full throttle. Now imagine two or three of those idiots doing it.

Happens about every six weeks and no one ever seems to know who they belong to.

The Helicopters are better. They're slow enough that they avoid me:uhoh: I got video of them and found their Commander.

So....Military Pilots, Dog Hunters and Child Molesters....This ax handle's for you!

You know, I totally agree with you. I used to live on Treasure Island in San Francisco, and every fleet week my vendetta with the Blue Angels was renewed as they assaulted my person and property in a unceasing barrage of... well, I don't know what. Broke some windows, though. About ten times worse than if some death metal band began playing a show in your living room.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Wednesday, 5:00 p.m., 4th Floor West Conference Room

this room needs to be packed. The chances of this bill getting a fair hearing are slim seeing how this is the same subcommittee that killed the house bills and is chaired by lee ware who has gone on record in the goochland gazette and the Richmond times dispatch as being opposed to this bill and a no vote if it gets to the house floor. our only recourse is to appeal to the members of the subcommittee to at least allow a fair hearing of the bill before the full committee. though i believe there is a reason this was assigned to this particular subcommittee.

I've got a plan. We'll discuss it tonight.:uhoh:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just to keep this in the OC category and to bump it, not all of us live near the beltway but haven't actively opposed some of the popular bills, we should have fought to the end.

It would be nice to see a few show up for this. It would help my ego for supporting parking lot bills that don't concern me!

This is what I wake up to and my parking lot:

my-yard.jpg

I'd rather be in my woods thinking of God on Sunday....than in Church thinking about my woods!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/nuisance/

[h=2]Species Defined as “Nuisance” Wildlife[/h] Under the Code of Virginia (4 VAC 15-20-160) ten species are defined as nuisance species. These include:
[h=3]Mammals[/h]
[h=3]Birds[/h]
  • European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris)
  • English (house) sparrow (Passer domesticus)
  • Pigeon (Rock Dove) (Columba livia)

I'm surprised that you didn't add CHP holders to that list!