• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

this isnt about Gun rights, its about our freedom...

ryanb197901

It's time we stand with our brother's and sisters united against these crazy anti gun anti freedom people...so everyone please attend any rally or get togethers that you all can .

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Jan 19, at the state capitals. Be there with your signs.

Why January 19th? Our state legislature is not in session, and even if it were, lawmakers wouldn't be there on a Saturday. Follow GRNC's lead & wait until they are in session in February, then organize the rally on a WEEKDAY.

GRNC will be announcing their rally/protest date soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

CDT COX

Why January 19th? Our state legislature is not in session, and even if it were, lawmakers wouldn't be there on a Saturday. Follow GRNC's lead & wait until they are in session in February, then organize the rally on a WEEKDAY.

GRNC will be announcing their rally/protest date soon.

19th has already circulated as Gun Appreciation Day meaning the public will be looking for us on the 19th. If we don't show it could send a message of apathy.

Didn't the GRNC make an ass of himself on here? Correct me if I'm wrong. They plan the 23rd at noon

We need to wait and do this together

No rule says you can't go twice:)

Ruger

I see lots of people making asses of themselves on here, but I missed where the leadership of GRNC did that. At any rate, I would think that working together right now would be more important than any minor issues (in comparison) that one might have with them.

GRNC did have an event scheduled for the 23rd, however it has been postponed. New date TBD (February). They figure (& I agree) that it would be better to do this on a day when lawmakers and their staff are *in town* rather than when they've recessed & are at home.

ncwabbit

ruger, et al., to point you in the proper direction regarding GRNC you might read to gold carry state thread started nov 2 by statetrooper...

you are correct everyone needs to be on the same sheet of music but as you commented GRNC scheduled and then postponed which sounds like Paul & company are a half beat off...

enjoy your reading

wabbit

ps: of course this site doesnt pertain to GRNC's leadership since it is only the sane and sober NC CC people who Paul caters to...

pps: enjoy the class 3 laws GRNC pushed last year

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I don't understand why not show up for the 19th because they are not in session? This is a nationwide show of unity, that CANNOT WAIT. There is no reason to not be there on both dates. We could learn a lesson from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson here, not that I condone those two, but if this was one of their issues they would be at it every weekend.

sharkey

ruger, et al., to point you in the proper direction regarding GRNC you might read to gold carry state thread started nov 2 by statetrooper...

you are correct everyone needs to be on the same sheet of music but as you commented GRNC scheduled and then postponed which sounds like Paul & company are a half beat off...

enjoy your reading

wabbit

ps: of course this site doesnt pertain to GRNC's leadership since it is only the sane and sober NC CC people who Paul caters to...

pps: enjoy the class 3 laws GRNC pushed last year

Links help.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?108024-Gold-Carry-State/page5

Reading it now.

Ruger

I don't understand why not show up for the 19th because they are not in session? This is a nationwide show of unity, that CANNOT WAIT. There is no reason to not be there on both dates. We could learn a lesson from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson here, not that I condone those two, but if this was one of their issues they would be at it every weekend.

Whose attention are you seeking when you go to Raleigh? If you're merely hoping to catch a glimpse of yourself on News14 (if they bother to show up) then go ahead on the 19th. I still don't know who (if anyone at all) is organizing the event today. The target audience isn't there today. They've gone home. Come back on February 5th at 12:00.

I read through the referenced thread in which you & Wabbit excoriated Paul Valone. I was thoroughly disgusted by your & Wabbit's conduct & embarrassed for the OCDO community at large.

Right now there are political forces that would love nothing more than to seriously infringe on our 2A rights at a very basic level, and some folks here don't want to stand with GRNC because you don't think GRNC has done enough specifically for OC! That is beyond ridiculous! If our state officials who are ani-2A were to feel emboldened by recent bills passed in other states & try something similar here then we would ALL be affected. This is why we need to put our differences aside & stand together. Mag cap bans affect all gun owners. Registration bills affect all gun owners.

Reading the above referenced thread I only saw 2 users making asses of themselves, and Paul Valone wasn't one of them.

Apparently in order to weigh in on the subject there are some who believe you have to lay your cards out, so here you go: I have a CHP, and I CC most of the time M-F (can't OC at work) and at church (can't OC at church). I sometimes OC at other times, but as you can tell it is nowhere near the majority of the time that I'm carrying. I am not a CC instructor, nor do I have any financial interest in the perpetuation of the CHP. If this makes me one of "them" in this absolutely STUPID "us vs them" mentality that some here have regarding OC vs CC then so be it. I'm beyond sick of seeing the vocal minority of OCDO that espouses the idea that if you hold a CHP or if you don't OC 100% of the time that you carry then you aren't really one of "us".

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Whose attention are you seeking when you go to Raleigh? If you're merely hoping to catch a glimpse of yourself on News14 (if they bother to show up) then go ahead on the 19th. I still don't know who (if anyone at all) is organizing the event today. The target audience isn't there today. They've gone home. Come back on February 5th at 12:00.

I read through the referenced thread in which you & Wabbit excoriated Paul Valone. I was thoroughly disgusted by your & Wabbit's conduct & embarrassed for the OCDO community at large.

Right now there are political forces that would love nothing more than to seriously infringe on our 2A rights at a very basic level, and some folks here don't want to stand with GRNC because you don't think GRNC has done enough specifically for OC! That is beyond ridiculous! If our state officials who are ani-2A were to feel emboldened by recent bills passed in other states & try something similar here then we would ALL be affected. This is why we need to put our differences aside & stand together. Mag cap bans affect all gun owners. Registration bills affect all gun owners.

Reading the above referenced thread I only saw 2 users making asses of themselves, and Paul Valone wasn't one of them.

Apparently in order to weigh in on the subject there are some who believe you have to lay your cards out, so here you go: I have a CHP, and I CC most of the time M-F (can't OC at work) and at church (can't OC at church). I sometimes OC at other times, but as you can tell it is nowhere near the majority of the time that I'm carrying. I am not a CC instructor, nor do I have any financial interest in the perpetuation of the CHP. If this makes me one of "them" in this absolutely STUPID "us vs them" mentality that some here have regarding OC vs CC then so be it. I'm beyond sick of seeing the vocal minority of OCDO that espouses the idea that if you hold a CHP or if you don't OC 100% of the time that you carry then you aren't really one of "us".

They are seeking the attention of everybody, the public, the people~~~Duhhhhhhhhh.:uhoh:

As for the bold that is your ASSumption. You should realize this is a Open Carry site, that promotes Open Carry, and Paul is hostile to Open Carry. If you agree with Paul then you obviously are on the wrong side. Take note that calling names and personal insults are against the rules on this site.

Last edited:

Ruger

Funny how you didn't start quoting forum rules to CDT COX when he said that Valone made an ass of himself on here. It was his earlier statement that I was referencing with that sentence you are nitpicking over. Are the rules for everyone, or only those with whom you disagree?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Funny how you didn't start quoting forum rules to CDT COX when he said that Valone made an ass of himself on here. It was his earlier statement that I was referencing with that sentence you are nitpicking over. Are the rules for everyone, or only those with whom you disagree?

Because I addressed your post, and IMO I was the one being called a ass by YOU. If you have a problem with CDT YOU take it up with CDT. For the record I don't report, but I will point out stupidity, and blatantly breaking the rules is stupid. Also stupid is the CC stance that many members who fight Paul's battle for him. Again this is a open carry site, take notice of the name. Anybody taking a stance against open carry or supporting those who do are enemies.

Ruger

Just because an OC'er also has a CHP & CC's sometimes doesn't mean that they are not a supporter of OC. I really don't see how you & others come to that conclusion.

Why is it always a SA/DA tag team? Do you guys coordinate your actions?

I may not post here very often, but I do read a lot & I've been around here for a while now. There was a lot less drama here before you & your partner Wabbit started stirring things up here. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

WalkingWolf

Just because an OC'er also has a CHP & CC's sometimes doesn't mean that they are not a supporter of OC. I really don't see how you & others come to that conclusion.

Why is it always a SA/DA tag team? Do you guys coordinate your actions?

I may not post here very often, but I do read a lot & I've been around here for a while now. There was a lot less drama here before you & your partner Wabbit started stirring things up here. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

If they openly attack OC you bet your ass they are anti OC. And neither wabbit or I put words in Paul's mouth. He posted his crapp all on his own, he is responsible for his drama.

nobama

BTW,we went to the march today,great turn out,could have been better.I looked at some other pictures on the web and alot of other states had awsome turn outs. This was a national event, not just hear in NC. Im all for the other march in Feb. but its on a work day which I find hard to believe that there will be a huge turn out, I do hope so.This is not the time to sit this one out.

WalkingWolf

BTW,we went to the march today,great turn out,could have been better.I looked at some other pictures on the web and alot of other states had awsome turn outs. This was a national event, not just hear in NC. Im all for the other march in Feb. but its on a work day which I find hard to believe that there will be a huge turn out, I do hope so.This is not the time to sit this one out.

I couldn't make it, was there any media there?

ncwabbit

sharky, thanks for linking that...for the life of me i couldn't figure out how to get it done...

ruger, sharky, et al., perhaps you can explaing why it is when someone challenges the GRNC dogma they get called names???

i'm sorry but when the president of the organization states they only are interested in the sane and sober cc nc gun owners it should bother you and all the other nc gun owners in this state...

wabbit

ps: i am all for everyone holding hands and singing the same stanza of the song but trust me it appears there is a huge disconnect when the gun organizaion in this state seems to be interested in only a select group to promote and it isn't those kind souls who OC and said so on this site as well as on GRNC's own website...

Last edited:

sharkey

sharky, thanks for linking that...for the life of me i couldn't figure out how to get it done...

ruger, sharky, et al., perhaps you can explaing why it is when someone challenges the GRNC dogma they get called names???

i'm sorry but when the president of the organization states they only are interested in the sane and sober cc nc gun owners it should bother you and all the other nc gun owners in this state...

wabbit

ps: i am all for everyone holding hands and singing the same stanza of the song but trust me it appears there is a huge disconnect when the gun organizaion in this state seems to be interested in only a select group to promote and it isn't those kind souls who OC and said so on this site as well as on GRNC's own website...

I think you fail to communicate clearly and comprehend well.
From what I've seen of your posts you go off on tangents (one was directed at me and I still swear you were thinking I said what another poster did). You ask questions which seem designed to provoke rather than understand or clarify. When your questions are answered you ask another question in ways that can only illicit annoyance and fail to recognize what was said.

I guess I just don't like you. Sorry.

Walking Wolf has a habit of telling those he disagrees with to bugger off.

Paul could be the devil himself but your adversarial ways draw any negative attention to you so your point was lost.

None of this is say I'm perfect. I troll these boards too but almost always in jest.

I think you all were having a ******* contest and nobody won but Paul came of as the most articulate. I was kind of annoyed that he talked about selling to the public in a public forum. He could have a harder time selling now because of it.

And I did not read the full thread I linked to above for you. So it's possible I missed lots.

ETA: I was pissed when I read the safe, sane and sober remark but I quickly redirected my annoyance as I went through the thread. Paul could have definitely worded that better.

It's kind of like the council meeting video I watched where the mayor was saying great things about the CC'er who was "trained". He sounded great but I was wondering if he would have said the same things about a non permitted, non military, OC'er.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxHnCei4wzg&feature=youtu.be (already covered in other threads)

Last edited: