• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC Police Co-opting Arlington VA Police

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Please see Emily Miller's article at: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/23/miller-dc-businessman-faces-two-years-jail-unregis/

Even though this is a DC case, read the article to discover how DC Police and government co-opted Arlington Police to file a criminal subpoena against an Arlington VA woman...

This is an incredible abuse of power and an outrageous waste of police. Of even more concern (as if this incident isn't bad enough), DC police coerced Arlington VA police to serve a criminal subpoena against his sister who resides in Arlington VA in order to search her residence for the firearms owned by Mr. Witaschek. These abusive tactics and abuse of power must be stopped and the charges must be dropped ... or, if not, charges must be placed against David Gregory for possessing a 30-round magazine and against Senator Feinstein for possessing prohibited weapons during a press conference. Please take a few moments to read Emily Miller's article, above.

HPmatt

No Worry about who is elected Governor of VA

Another thread has several comments that it doesn't matter if the Governor t/b elected is a Democrat or Republican - both parties are the same. Sure hope that Virginians haven't all be lobotomized. I guess Alexandria VA views itself as a province of DC? Their Police and Judges allow DC cops to have jurisdiction over their citizens?
From the article:
D.C. police investigators went to his sister’s house [in Alexandria, VA]— unaccompanied by Virginia police and without a warrant — and asked to “view” the firearms, according to a police report. She refused. The next day, the D.C. police returned to her house with the Arlington County police and served her with a criminal subpoena.

Thundar

Please see Emily Miller's article at: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/23/miller-dc-businessman-faces-two-years-jail-unregis/

Even though this is a DC case, read the article to discover how DC Police and government co-opted Arlington Police to file a criminal subpoena against an Arlington VA woman...

This is an incredible abuse of power and an outrageous waste of police. Of even more concern (as if this incident isn't bad enough), DC police coerced Arlington VA police to serve a criminal subpoena against his sister who resides in Arlington VA in order to search her residence for the firearms owned by Mr. Witaschek. These abusive tactics and abuse of power must be stopped and the charges must be dropped ... or, if not, charges must be placed against David Gregory for possessing a 30-round magazine and against Senator Feinstein for possessing prohibited weapons during a press conference. Please take a few moments to read Emily Miller's article, above.

Come on people. DC operates under Rex Lex, not Lex Rex. And in this case Rex is the federal district police commish Lanier.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
With Arlington police in bed with DC police... that doesn't surprise me at all. Arlington government is corrupt as is their police department and the county council. Several years back I obtained some very interesting information about said corruption in the police department and how the country government handles voting machines from certain areas. And over 20 years ago I received some very interesting information about a long term member of the county board who's properties seemed to magically decrease and increase in value to that individual's favor.

Yep, Arlington is corrupt so their compliance with the corrupt DC police and government shouldn't surprise anyone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Defrock

I can't find the original thread. Can someone point me to it? :confused:

Merged the upper one with this thread. Will let the D.C. link stand on it's own.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
With Arlington police in bed with DC police... that doesn't surprise me at all. Arlington government is corrupt as is their police department and the county council. Several years back I obtained some very interesting information about said corruption in the police department and how the country government handles voting machines from certain areas. And over 20 years ago I received some very interesting information about a long term member of the county board who's properties seemed to magically decrease and increase in value to that individual's favor.

Yep, Arlington is corrupt so their compliance with the corrupt DC police and government shouldn't surprise anyone.

Agreed.

I would take it a couple steps earlier, myself.

Its starts with consent of the governed. If a government is willing to rule others without their consent, the situation in the OP should surprise no one.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Get Ed to go HUG em...That'll gentle them down! :eek:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
A pedantic note:

The proper procedure is for the DC Corporation Counsel to present the subpoena to the Attorney General who presents it to the Arlington County CA who presents it to the Arlington Co PD who serves and executes the subpoena.

Sadly, I'm willing to be that the defense never brings out that everything is fruit of the poisoned tree because due process was denied due to failing to honor the soverignty of the Commonwealth. I'll also bet that the guy does not file a civil suit for denial of due process. Why? Because it is cheaper to settle this for something like 6 months and $1,000 fine than to expend the time and money trying to quash the charges, not succeed, appeal that decision unsuccessfully,, and then go to trial and appeal the conviction.

stay safe.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Nice to know the VA AG and governor can't be bothered to defend their citizens against foreign incursions.

Why do I [STRIKE]pay[/STRIKE] have state taxes seized from me?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Nice to know the VA AG and governor can't be bothered to defend their citizens against foreign incursions.

Why do I [STRIKE]pay[/STRIKE] have state taxes seized from me?

How did you jump to that conclusion?

Are you aware of any decision by either to not pursue the matter? Or are you just itchy, now that you have become aware of the protocol error, for someone to slap DC across the face with their glove and demand satisfaction on the banks of the Potomac?

stay safe.

PS - On a personal note, I am disappointed to learn that you were not aware of the protocol violation and needed my bringing it up in discussion.