• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some crap you probably don't care about.

b0neZ

I am home........and I'm being moderately nice when I ask that people remember that OCDO is not a good ol' boys smoker club.

Grandma's way was more direct - she'd finger snap your ear.

Already figured your reasoning.

My Grandmas never got a chance to finger snap my ear, but my Aunt Mary was quick as lightning with that!

2OLD2W8

I am. That's the problem.

Maybe to most...but not all!!

Most people need to be told how to live among each other; rules, regulations and oversight are needed to help them maintain focus (man's natural laws confound & confuse them)..........those of us that understand and embrace man's natural laws can function independently without the cumbersome oversight and guidance, we are a thorn in the sides of our "brother's keepers / the masters" who manage the sheeple that live among us in this engineered utopia....

Anyway....as promised, here is the FWC section which references natural bait.

In addition to the exemptions listed above, you do not need a freshwater fishing license if...

You are a resident who is fishing with live or natural bait, using poles or lines that are not equipped with a fishing-line-retrieval mechanism, and you are fishing for noncommercial purposes in your home county. However, you must have a valid fishing license to fish by any method in a fish management area.

http://myfwc.com/license/recreational/do-i-need-a-license/

Last edited by a moderator:

2OLD2W8

Yawn ... this thread's Headline said it all.

Rather than try to "gimmick" the law in your state by carrying "fishing equipment" on your keychain, why not work to change the law?

Some of us are, change is slow!! gimmick? nah... I prefer to not carry a pole/rod-n-reel while traversing my state via motorcycle and fishing...it's as simple as that, until we get our open carry rights back any and all legal avenues (gimmicks) work!!!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Yawn ... this thread's Headline said it all.

Rather than try to "gimmick" the law in your state by carrying "fishing equipment" on your keychain, why not work to change the law?

Then why post?

I think you miss the point while also being a jerk.

It's handy EDC survival gear. It's handy just in case you feel like going fishing. It's an exercise in minimalism. People think they need tons of expensive gear, it's not true.

In case I get harassed on my way to or from my setlines, after having set them or not catching anything. I most certainly would be on my way to or from fishing, but I wouldn't have anything in hand to prove it.

In case of accidental "brief" exposure in which the LEO differs from my opinion on the word "brief." Since Carrying Concealed and having a Concealed Carry permit still means you get arrested and present your permit to the judge a few days later, even if you do not print or "briefly" expose... The psycho H-BIC has already announced that the Florida Concealed Weapons Permit means nothing and that we're all a bunch of criminals for doing it whether we have a permit or not.

It's just helpful. And it's cheap and easy to do.

The law is not going to change in FL. No, I take that back. If it changes at all, it'll get worse. This is New Jersey with Palm Trees. The People are far too stupid and hateful here.

As long as I ahve this keychain, I'm a little better off than I was without it. I carry the gun to protect from bag guys, I carry this stupid keychain for a tiny piece of help in protecting myself from this insidious, perverted government. I hope they all watch their children die of a slow, horrible disease. Even that is too good for them. I can't wait for them to collapse this house of cards...

Someone else raised the idea of trying to claim "fishing" while leaving setlines out and then going about your daily business... I'm not trying to do that. That would be "gimmick." I have it for many other reasons. It just so happoens that it's useful for marginal defense from the psychopath State.

Did you not see the one right nesxt to it with the firesteels? Or did you conveniently ignore that part to justify your insulting Ad Hominem/Straw Man hybrid?

I've put in a lot of effort to change the law in this State. All it got me were several attempts on my life by Sheriff Dawsey. As you might have noticed, my hatred for The State is quite large, as a result of this. I'm not the man for the job becasue I can no longer maintain proper comport.

Nothing can quench my hatred for these people. Jessica Lundsford was not an accident, it was retribution. I only know because Dawsey and his henchmen threatened to do it to me and mine. He's quite proud of it becasue he knows that the lower you stoop, the greater the reward. No one will stoop as low as he does, so he will always win. His toothless meth-smile can't be hidden when he brags about it. That's the kind of people we're dealing with in FL. You think you knmow evil and corruption, you don't know sh!t.

Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Some of us are, change is slow!! gimmick? nah... I prefer to not carry a pole/rod-n-reel while traversing my state via motorcycle and fishing...it's as simple as that, until we get our open carry rights back any and all legal avenues (gimmicks) work!!!

Seems to me that you are just "baiting" or "luring" LEOs to swallow your efforts "hook, line and sinker" so you can get them to cite you and then lose in court.

I don't think I would depend on a judge agreeing with the sham you are employing... but good luck in trying.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Then why post?

I think you miss the point while also being a jerk.

It's handy EDC survival gear. It's handy just in case you feel like going fishing. It's an exercise in minimalism. People think they need tons of expensive gear, it's not true.

In case I get harassed on my way to or from my setlines, after having set them or not catching anything. I most certainly would be on my way to or from fishing, but I wouldn't have anything in hand to prove it.

In case of accidental "brief" exposure in which the LEO differs from my opinion on the word "brief." Since Carrying Concealed and having a Concealed Carry permit still means you get arrested and present your permit to the judge a few days later, even if you do not print or "briefly" expose... The psycho H-BIC has already announced that the Florida Concealed Weapons Permit means nothing and that we're all a bunch of criminals for doing it whether we have a permit or not.

It's just helpful. And it's cheap and easy to do.

The law is not going to change in FL. No, I take that back. If it changes at all, it'll get worse. This is New Jersey with Palm Trees. The People are far too stupid and hateful here.

As long as I ahve this keychain, I'm a little better off than I was without it. I carry the gun to protect from bag guys, I carry this stupid keychain for a tiny piece of help in protecting myself from this insidious, perverted government. I hope they all watch their children die of a slow, horrible disease. Even that is too good for them. I can't wait for them to collapse this house of cards...

Someone else raised the idea of trying to claim "fishing" while leaving setlines out and then going about your daily business... I'm not trying to do that. That would be "gimmick." I have it for many other reasons. It just so happoens that it's useful for marginal defense from the psychopath State.

Wow... your words betray an internal anger that is almost diagnosable. If I were you, with your attitudes, I would be careful what I posted lest some prosecuting attorney decides to have you detained for a mental examination... People who carry firearms should not be giving the government the ammunition they need to remove their rights....

solus

Wow... your words betray an internal anger that is almost diagnosable. If I were you, with your attitudes, I would be careful what I posted lest some prosecuting attorney decides to have you detained for a mental examination... People who carry firearms should not be giving the government the ammunition they need to remove their rights....

wow, and what pray tell would your diagnose(s) be based on the 'attitude(s)' you feel are being exhibited since you apparently believe psychoherapeutic consultations falls within your sphere of qualifications?

guess the ability to speak one's mind as advocated by the first amendment is inappropriate?

oh and your statement about the prosecuting attorney...interesting aside and perspective which lends credence to my query in my first sentence.

ipse

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Cut the guy a little slack... He lives in Florida. I would be venomous if I lived there, too.

2OLD2W8

Seems to me that you are just "baiting" or "luring" LEOs to swallow your efforts "hook, line and sinker" so you can get them to cite you and then lose in court.

I don't think I would depend on a judge agreeing with the sham you are employing... but good luck in trying.

Typical statist mindset you have there.......Doesn't really matter what you think.......This is a state issue not a national issue. You don't live here I do!!! My chosen fishing methods are legal in this state, and quite a few people partake in this method. If you had read and comprehended the FWC regulations I posted for the benefit of the OP you would be up to speed, then maybe you would have not made an A$$ of yourself then again you might be a special kind of stupid!!!!!

Your opinion regarding the legality of this issue is irrelevant. I have employed this method for years, sure I have been stopped and harassed but never arrested, I have broken no laws.

If I get arrested so be it, I'm not skeered!!! Don't worry, I'll use the court awarded damages wisely.

With all due respect Sir....
BITE ME

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Typical statist mindset you have there.......Doesn't really matter what you think.......This is a state issue not a national issue. You don't live here I do!!! My chosen fishing methods are legal in this state, and quite a few people partake in this method. If you had read and comprehended the FWC regulations I posted for the benefit of the OP you would be up to speed, then maybe you would have not made an A$$ of yourself then again you might be a special kind of stupid!!!!!

Your opinion regarding the legality of this issue is irrelevant. I have employed this method for years, sure I have been stopped and harassed but never arrested, I have broken no laws.

If I get arrested so be it, I'm not skeered!!! Don't worry, I'll use the court awarded damages wisely.

BITE ME

Wow.... sensitive little guy, aren't you! Apparently I hit your last nerve. As for it being a state issue, what people do in one state quickly becomes known everywhere, especially regarding open carry. As for your personal attacks, perhaps you might want to dial it back a bit.

wimwag

BITE ME

+1