• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fiance is now going to carry!

skiingislife725

:banana::monkey

Boo ya! The fiance has gone from "You're getting a gun?! And f-in carrying it?!" two years ago to now she's going to start to carry! Oh happy days. Didn't take her long to get over me getting a gun two years ago, but even six months ago she said she'd never carry.

Anyhow, just couldn't keep it all in myself. So proud and so hap-hap-happy too! More happy dancing!

gsx1138

Boo ya! The fiance has gone from "You're getting a gun?! And f-in carrying it?!" two years ago to now she's going to start to carry! Oh happy days. Didn't take her long to get over me getting a gun two years ago, but even six months ago she said she'd never carry.

Anyhow, just couldn't keep it all in myself. So proud and so hap-hap-happy too! More happy dancing!

Awesome, I'm still trying to get my wife to do this. She's too worried that she's clumsy. That and she wants to take a safety course first. Finding the time is the biggest difficulty and money.

skiingislife725

Awesome, I'm still trying to get my wife to do this. She's too worried that she's clumsy. That and she wants to take a safety course first. Finding the time is the biggest difficulty and money.

My fiance is the queen of clumsy, but here's a quote for yours to check out...got it off the Cornered Cat website (great site btw).

"Somewhere in America today, a woman is going to operate a doorknob, lock a deadbolt, operate an alarm remote, and operate a door handle. She will then operate an ignition switch and a seatbelt latch, manipulate clutch and gas and brake pedals while simultaneously rowing a gear selector and working a turn indicator switch. Arriving at her destination, she will manipulate all these controls again in reverse order, walk into the gun store, and be told by some bright spark with a barely-room-temperature IQ: "These automatic pistols have too many complicated controls on 'em, honey; whatchoo need's a revolver." -- Tamara

And SVG, we'll definitely have to set something up soon. You read the other Bham thread about going on a hike on the 21st or 22nd? Up to Heliotrope? Then maybe set up a shoot when you get back?

amzbrady

Gotta let them do it at their pace, wait till she's comfortable. Till then take her shooting as often as possible.

gsx1138

She liked my XD 45 and was actually more accurate than me with it but had a hard time with the slide.

a5.jpg

A work associate of hers was showing off her Berretta PX4 and she really liked that gun. The slide is very easy to operate. I think once she has her very own gun she'll be more apt to carry.

Last edited:

Genken

My wife in Texas had told me a few days ago she wanted her concealed permit for there, and that is a vast difference from a month ago. A month ago I finally got her to the range, she got bit by a Makarov, but kept shooting for awhile...then after she said she was done, and I decided to try out the Judge, she wanted to try it. Damn proud of that woman, I am.

Now, if only I can get her up here for another week or so, with whatever gun I will buy her down there...and get her to OC...then we will know Hell froze over.

boosteddreams

I'm up for shooting with any ladies who'd feel better with another gal there. I need to check out the local ranges, anyway.

k.rollin

Great news man! If you want to get together for a range trip, I'm sure Jocelyn would be more than happy to come along and help any of the other ladies there feel comfortable or just to get some practice.

skiingislife725

She will carry right up till the ink is dry on the Marriage Contract, then it will be: "I don't need to carry, I've got you....".

:lol: I'da thought she would have said this when I was taking so long to ask in the first place. Going to have to add this to a prenupt. :lol:

Beretta92FSLady

My partner got her permit the same time I did, but she did not carry the first year, unless I was getting on her about it. Now she carries every day, and has been for a little over a year.

I think that some women take time, at least that is what I have observed. My partner tends to really think about things before she does them. She read(e) Dave's book, and started carry a bit after that.

I think that men have to realize that women, from a young age, are generally taught to be aware of this boogieman that is going to jump out of the bushes and rape you (rarely happens), and almost never to utilize "male" tools to defend ourselves is rarely introduced or encouraged. So we conform, are left powerless until we either take the initiative to learn and acquire the tools or a male friend or partner encourages us to do it.

Congratulations to you, but most importantly a big Congratulations to her. There are men in this world that target women because they perceive us as weak, nothing more picture perfect than seeing the look on a predators face when the reality hits them that they have picked the wrong woman to mess with.

.45ACPaddy

I was recently told that a lady friend of mine wants to learn to shoot and is looking at getting her own piece. I can't wait for range day!

Grats on your fiancee deciding to take control and responsibility for her own security and protection! You can't always be there!

jeangordon

I never thought about carrying until I had an ex that grabbed me and shoved me across the driveway.. I was lucky that I just walked away with a couple of bruised arms but if his friend hadn't been there who knows....

It never occured to me how quickly a situation can change.. at 2pm we were friends on the phone.. at 3:30.. different person... (btw the cops said it was my fault because I "encroached on this position" and he was defending himself)

Please make sure she gets training... I went to Front Sight and loved it... I know it's spendy but it is worth every penny in my book.

I also shoot USPSA and am going to start traveling to other cities for competition as soon as money allows. I would love to come over to the Wetside and shoot with the ladies.

Matt85

im always glad to hear about more ladies learning/wanting to shoot and carry.

now if any of ya know a lady who likes to shoot, is single, and between the ages 20-30. please let me know since i have yet to find one. :)

twest17

im always glad to hear about more ladies learning/wanting to shoot and carry.

now if any of ya know a lady who likes to shoot, is single, and between the ages 20-30. please let me know since i have yet to find one. :)

Last edited: