• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Channel 3000 (Wisconsin) - Culver restaurant management declines to ban open carry!

LOERetired

Culvers in Baraboo

Sept. 25. I will be heading down to Madison after the OC Picnic in Baraboo. I know that others are intersted in caravaning down as well.

I will be in Madison Oct. 1-3. If anyone is interested.

I think an applause is needed for the Wisconsin Restaraunt Association as well.

Just don't stop at the Culvers in Baraboo armed on 33, they are within 1000 feet of a school.

Don

TyGuy

The Culvers in Beloit is within 1,000 feet of a school, but it's private property. The only problem is that there's a Starbucks about 200 yards away, but you can't walk there from Culvers to get coffee because of the school zone. I still pack it up, drive over to Starbucks, and then reholster.

protias

The Culvers in Beloit is within 1,000 feet of a school, but it's private property. The only problem is that there's a Starbucks about 200 yards away, but you can't walk there from Culvers to get coffee because of the school zone. I still pack it up, drive over to Starbucks, and then reholster.
Or walk with it unloaded and encased.

Old Grump

First he says he will create a policy and then he won't create a policy, so what is his policy? That Culvers, plus the ones in Baraboo and Prairie du Chien are the 3 I usually eat at if when I am in that area. If they aren't friendly to gun owners and carriers and somebody is going to harass me I don't need to go there. Everybody is giving them the high five but I haven't been able to find anything saying he has a positive attitude towards OC.

paul@paul-fisher.com

First he says he will create a policy and then he won't create a policy, so what is his policy? That Culvers, plus the ones in Baraboo and Prairie du Chien are the 3 I usually eat at if when I am in that area. If they aren't friendly to gun owners and carriers and somebody is going to harass me I don't need to go there. Everybody is giving them the high five but I haven't been able to find anything saying he has a positive attitude towards OC.

I believe having no policy is good. Neutral is good. That is what Starbucks does, I believe.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

I have had 0 problems in many different Culvers (besides higher cholesterol).

Old Grump

I have had 0 problems in many different Culvers (besides higher cholesterol).

Not to mention my cone melting and getting on/in my beard, (at least vanilla blends in), and if I wear a white shirt you just know I will find a way to drop mustard on it down about the 2nd or 3rd button for everybody to see. I have to respectfully disagree with no policy being a good thing because it does give anti-gun employees and managers the freedom to oust you and deny service. They really should have a policy one way or another and it should be posted so their is no excuse for one anti-gun ninny to ruin your day. I would prefer pro gun but I can live with a non-gun if they are upfront about it.

Daddyo

I still pack it up, drive over to Starbucks, and then reholster.

I wonder if any of the WI legislators are beginning to rethink the "no car carry" part of the law now that more folks are OCing. I always wonder what the Soccer-moms are thinking when a group of Wisconsin OCers rolls up and starts unboxing and loading weapons. It must look like a SWAT team getting ready to storm a crack house. Oh well, just following the law.

apjonas

Would these be

+1
No policy is good policy. A better policy would be "we follow state law", stops rouge managers from bothering people and good for business too.

the managers who wear mascara and lipstick as well?

Last edited: