• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don Pridemore came by Delavan OC event today

paul@paul-fisher.com

We had another beautiful day today.

One of the attendees was Don Pridemore, the Representative from the 99th District.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/contact/legislatorpages.aspx?house=Assembly&district=99

He supports true Constitutional Carry and indicated that he would vote against SB93 as it sits now. Before it was amended to add the optional permit, he indicated he would of supported it.

He stated he will be introducing an amendment to AB126 (shall issue) that will require, among other things, 2 hours training. Here's the interesting catch. One would only need to carry a card from a certified firearm instructor that the bearer had completed 2 hours of training. No requirement as to content. In addition, a referendum would be held in November 2013 and the people would vote yes or no on keeping permits.

If permits were voted down, people could at that time opt out of the permit and get their information expunged from the database.

His contention is that the people demanding training today are non-firearm people and this would placate them in the short term until WI based evidence develops that training isn't needed.

Anyhow, he said it will be introduced tomorrow. I am supposed to get a copy but it will be public tomorrow anyhow.

Some other points of discussion, he indicated he had not received any or at least noticeable feedback from his constituents asking for him to support any one concealed carry law. He indicated what we need to do in the short term is flood our representatives and tell them what we want. He seemed to indicate that it was close enough between all of them that which ever is the loudest will win.

Anyone else please chime in in case I mis-stated or forgot something.

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
A political ploy?

We had another beautiful day today.

One of the attendees was Don Pridemore, the Representative from the 99th District.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/contact/legislatorpages.aspx?house=Assembly&district=99

He supports true Constitutional Carry and indicated that he would vote against SB93 as it sits now. Before it was amended to add the optional permit, he indicated he would of supported it....
He apparently doesn't want to consider Constitutional Carry with an optional permit for reciprocity? This sounds like a political ploy to me, so he can SAY he's for CC but vote against it....

safcrkr

Two hours of training, no requirement as to content? I assume it must be firearm safety related content, yes?.

Did he say if the training had a "stale date"? IOW, if you've already had more than 2 hours training, can that be used, or does it have to be "new" training? Just curious because hunter safety is way more than 2 hours of firearm safety, is extremely cheap (courses around here charge for hall rental only, typically $5-10 per person), and hunter safety satisfies the training requirement in FL, no matter how long ago you took the class. I had hunter safety in 1976, and was an instructor from 78-82. I still had my ID cards, and I used them in 2003 to get a FL permit.... 28 yrs after taking HS, and 21 yrs after last teaching it.

safcrkr

He apparently doesn't want to consider Constitutional Carry with an optional permit for reciprocity? This sounds like a political ploy to me, so he can SAY he's for CC but vote against it....

Good point. Why else would he oppose an "optional" permit, unless he's in favor of everyone having permits and opposes SB93 altogether, and this is just an excuse to bail? It doesn't make sense that he'd drop his support just because an optional permit was added.

paul@paul-fisher.com

On the surface it looks like he's tossing a bone to the training Nazis, but the bone has no meat. Not sure if they will buy it.

I think so but with an expiration date or a referendum to see if the people want to keep it after 2 years. His opinion seemed to be that once the sheeple see the effect of concealed carry (less crime), they will realize the stupidity of permits.