• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

oak1971

Goodwill in Racine. Only the first time I have been there looking for cool old stuff, but its posted several times on the doors going in. I won't go back, just a bunch of junk in there anyway.

oak1971

M & I Banks in Marshfield , WI are no longer posted ! ! ! ! ! ! I don't know if this was a result of them being bought out by BMO Harris or for other reasons. When they were still M & I there were " No Hats , No Hoods , No Sunglasses , No Guns " sign printed on vinyl on the doors . They were VERY prominent. After the buyout , the doors said " M & I Banks , A B.M.O. Harris Company " . SO , when I was inside , I asked one of the tellers who had been there for quite awhile about the lack of posting , Have they changed their policy ? She said yes , after November 1 the board had decided to not restrict their customers' rights by posting . The teller said that , " It makes me feel nervous , knowing there could be people with guns in here . " I then asked her if she thought that posting sign would keep the bad guys ( or gals ) away . And she said she always thought that part was silly ; of course a sign isn't going to keep the bad guys away.
I pointed out that by posting , all a company does is make itself more more vulnerable to crime and legal liability issues. I also pointed out that the people with a gun on there hip , or anyone with a license aren't the ones to worry about, as we go through a lengthy background check. She thought about it for a moment , then stated that she just realized that they ( the employees ) are now safer than they were for years when the bank was posted . ( She then asked me if she had a license , if she then could keep a pistol in her drawer . I told her that it would depend upon her individual employer's policies , and that she should THOROUGHLY look into State and Federal Statutes , as I am not a lawyer. etc .)

I digressed .THe point was , M & I Banks in Marshfield are now Carry OK ! Check YOUR local branch , it could very well be a corporate policy now .

Racine is good too. No signs.

Zeus

Gold's Gym in Menasha is posted. Wasn't a few weeks back but I now see it is today. I have contacted their corporate HQ, which ironically is in TX asking if this is policy everywhere and why. Will report back with the reply.

Here's the reply I received today-

"Thank you for your e-mail. We do appreciate all or your concerns and knowledge of the gun laws. Matter of fact prior to posting these signs in all of our locations we spoke to many business owners as well sought out legal advice. For the time being, we are comfortable with our business decision and if this policy would change, we will advise you at that time. It is our right as a independent franchise owner to make that decision."

--
In good health,

Paul DeLange
Director of Member Relations
Gold's Gym - Vertical Fitness Group

I think I will follow up on this some more with some news articles about attacks, in and outside of a few Golds Gym locations in recent years to backup my point with actual facts instead of "feelings" as most anti gun folks do. I didn't like "feeling" left out when other guys were dating hot girls in high school and I wasn't. Maybe I'm due for some "cheerleader reparations". :D

markush

Pepsi Beverages Company
8500 100th St
Pleasant Prairie

It says "No Dangerous Weapons" with a gun crossed out. I'm certain the sign is too small, it may be close to 5" wide but is not 7" tall. Definitely prominent and pretty much impossible to miss though. Would a concealed firearm being carried by someone with a license be a "Dangerous" weapon?

Viper

Monoa - South Bay Louge

Protias,

You can add South Bay Lounge in Monona to the list. Went there today with some coworkers and saw a posted sign. I returned my HG to my vehicle and went in since I was driving and had others with me. I informed the bartender that I would not be back after today because of the sign and she said the owner put the sign. Apparently he told her that he put the sign up to protect her. Go figure. I talked to her for about 20 minutes and left knowing I won't return.

It is too bad because I have been going there for about 6 years off and on for their Friday fish lunch, which WAS pretty dang good.

Oh well, they lost a good customer and a good tipper by losing me.

Edit: sorry I mispelled Monona in the title.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Protias,

You can add South Bay Lounge in Monona to the list. Went there today with some coworkers and saw a posted sign. I returned my HG to my vehicle and went in since I was driving and had others with me. I informed the bartender that I would not be back after today because of the sign and she said the owner put the sign. Apparently he told her that he put the sign up to protect her. Go figure. I talked to her for about 20 minutes and left knowing I won't return.

It is too bad because I have been going there for about 6 years off and on for their Friday fish lunch, which WAS pretty dang good.

Oh well, they lost a good customer and a good tipper by losing me.

Edit: sorry I mispelled Monona in the title.

I would suggest going back with an empty holster (and wallet) and talk to the owner themselves. Tell them how long you have been going there and let them tell you with their actions that your money is no good there.

Viper

I would suggest going back with an empty holster (and wallet) and talk to the owner themselves. Tell them how long you have been going there and let them tell you with their actions that your money is no good there.

The owner showed up as we started finishing our lunch. He wouldn't even talk to me, just sat at the bar. I heard the bartender talking to him about what I told her. I saw him shaking his head so I didn't even bother.

By the way she did say the sign they posted was given to them by the wonderful tavern league.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

After passage of South Carolina's Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act of 1996 that licensed concealed carry, the state Chamber of Commerce passed out ghostbuster signs with the song-and-dance of insurance/liability demanded them. The gun controllers on the left will learn from their fellows, why will not the gun controllers on the right?

protias

I am keeping this updated in a Google Doc. For some reason the forum limits characters to 50k. I've let John know about it and he is looking into it.

Trip20

By the way she did say the sign they posted was given to them by the wonderful tavern league.

"Given to them"...... or ....."they obtained it from the Tavern League by choice"......?

There's a difference considering the discussion I had with the Executive Director of the Tavern League whereby he claimed they simply made the signs available to their members and did not force or otherwise suggest their members post.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

"A sign? What a great idea, I hadn't thought of that! Free? Even better."

stickbow95

Drs Foster & Smith in Rhinelander, WI is posted. This is their only retail store IIRC . However, they have a massive, pet related, internet business.

MKEgal

responding to Boucher auto group

Had a call this morning + an email yesterday from Boucher (where I bought my current car).
Since I'd called & emailed them a couple months ago when I heard they'd posted, & they never responded, I'd written them off. No more money going there.
Apparently I hadn't been clear enough about "no, you're not getting any more of my money & leave me alone".
So I'm trying again. This is my response to their email.

TO: dan.bonesho@boucher.com; service manager

Remove me from your email list, and remove my phone numbers from your calling list.
[gave phone #s]

Since Boucher decided to post their stores as anti-self-defense, I have been having maintenance done at a shop that welcomes customers with ALL their civil rights intact.

The Boucher name has been circulated among lawfully-armed citizens in the greater Milwaukee area, so none of them will think they're welcome to spend money there. Better to know ahead of time than to waste time shopping someplace we're not welcome.

I certainly regret buying from Boucher, both because of your anti-rights attitude and because of the various damage done to my car by your employees which has never been paid or apologized for.

I will not spend any more money with you. There are other car dealers & repair shops which don't infringe my rights.

MKEgal

Wisconsin Humane Society, Milwaukee
Actually, their doors now read "no concealed weapons", so it looks like they're OK with OC, just like my favorite coffee shop.

Motofixxer

Applebees 4710 East Towne Madison (608) 244-1470 Email address is app149@whgroup.com

Has a No Firearms posted sign up, looks really similar to the ones Madison PD is selling. I got the email address for the management and sent an email over 2 weeks ago and have not received any replies. I mentioned the immunity, and posted the corresponding statute, the fact that Police have not duty to protect with case sites, also all the regular info. I also stated there clearly is a need for protection as evidenced in the attack on a woman in their parking lot in St Petersburg FL. There are plenty of other options right near by that are NOT posted, like Chili's, Pizza Hut, Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden, THE Culver's, Red Lobster, Hooters, and more. There is another Applebees on the west side of Madison but unsure of their policy or management.

I have OC'ed in the Chili's with no issues. Even with likely a table full of law enforcement right nearby. In the parking lot I seen multiple cars with lots of little antenna's, then seen a table with 8-10 guys fitting description of off duty types, also noting couple of partial conversations. Or maybe they were Hams(not the funny, or the pork, but the guys that like the radio stuff) :rolleyes:

Do we need an email campaign??? I think so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.