• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Making The Case For INCREASED Gun Ownership...

Gil223

Here are a few meaningful excerpts from PoliticalOutcast.com, that support our belief in the application of 2A to the fullest extent:
Kennesaw Georgia – where gun ownership is mandatory. It’s not the “Wild West” like some people predicted when it passed a mandatory gun ownership law. “The city of Kennesaw was selected by Family Circle magazine as one of the nation’s ‘10 best towns for families.’

In 1982 the city passed the following ordinance [Sec 34-21] which was in response to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill.

(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.

(b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

The city's website states that Kennesaw “has the lowest crime rate in Cobb County,” one of the most populous counties in Georgia. In fact, from 1982 through 2009, Kennesaw had been nearly murder free with one murder occurring in 2007.

There were three murders in 2010 committed by the same man in what is described as a “school safety zone,” an area extending 1,000 feet from any school, including adult colleges and technical schools. This means that even though Kennesaw has the most liberal gun laws in the United States, employees at the facility where the murders were committed could not have a gun on the premises.

As of the 2010 census, the total population of Cobb County is 688,078. The population of Kennesaw is approximately 30,000. That pretty-much says it all. :D Pax...

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2012/07...rime-city-in-the-united-states/#ixzz21YesGhGZ

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

I don't believe forcing people to own a gun is any more American that making it unlawful.
If you want people to be safe and free... Make it easier to for them to have guns. Make gun training affordable and convenient.
Praise those who use them appropriately.
Make it crystal clear that people not only have the right, but the responsibility to protect themselves and their families.
Strip away the illusion that the police will protect you and the stigma that being prepared to combat criminal violence is a mental illness!

09jisaac

I don't believe forcing people to own a gun is any more American that making it unlawful.

That was addressed.

(b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

No one is forced to own a firearm if it is against their beliefs.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Here are a few meaningful excerpts from PoliticalOutcast.com, that support our belief in the application of 2A to the fullest extent:

As of the 2010 census, the total population of Cobb County is 688,078. The population of Kennesaw is approximately 30,000. That pretty-much says it all. :D Pax...

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2012/07...rime-city-in-the-united-states/#ixzz21YesGhGZ

I think this town's requirement was cover in a 1976 issue of Playboy ... old news

BFDMikeCT

How about no gun free zones. I had to disarm twice yesterday as my wife wanted to shop in toys r us and babies r us. Both posted on door no firearms. I felt really uneasy while in there.

Gil223

I think this town's requirement was cover in a 1976 issue of Playboy ... old news

Old news to you perhaps, but there are probably quite a few people who didn't get that "1976 issue of Playboy". The first I had heard of Kennesaw's gun law was probably about 6 months ago, so I thought this might be worth sharing with some folks just in case they hadn't heard about it. Pax...

Midwest

Old news to you perhaps, but there are probably quite a few people who didn't get that "1976 issue of Playboy". The first I had heard of Kennesaw's gun law was probably about 6 months ago, so I thought this might be worth sharing with some folks just in case they hadn't heard about it. Pax...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennesaw,_Georgia

Gun law

In 1982 the city passed an ordinance [Sec 34-21][18]

(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.
(b)Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

Gil223

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennesaw,_Georgia

Gun law

In 1982 the city passed an ordinance [Sec 34-21][18]

(b)Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

Thanks for re-stating my post. Although I don't consider Wikipedia to be the most reliable source for accurate, factual information, in this particular case the info you found was right on target. ;) Pax...

rodbender

Whatever.

Where does is say your not forced if you'd rather buy xbox games than a gun?

It's still unamerican

Please check bolded part

Tanner

Whatever.

It's still unamerican

I agree that it is ironic. But at least there they are being forced to use the 2A rights they have instead of being forced to watch others try and take it away. But really they arent being forced to do anything. Its a cool way of saying they support your rights though.

Fallschirjmäger

I lived in Kennesaw for close to 14 years, it's a lovely place and I would move back in a heartbeat.

No, the police don't go door-to-door and check to see if the head of the household is maintaining a firearm and ammunition.
Yes, it does have a low crime rate despite being only a short car or bus ride from areas with much higher crime rates.

since9

Campaign Veteran
There were three murders in 2010 committed by the same man in what is described as a “school safety zone,” an area extending 1,000 feet from any school, including adult colleges and technical schools. This means that even though Kennesaw has the most liberal gun laws in the United States, employees at the facility where the murders were committed could not have a gun on the premises.

Yet another example of why gun-free zones DON'T WORK. Here's another half-dozen: Why Gun Control Laws and No Firearms Signs Don't Work

No, the police don't go door-to-door and check to see if the head of the household is maintaining a firearm and ammunition.
Yes, it does have a low crime rate despite being only a short car or bus ride from areas with much higher crime rates.

It has a good reputation. Well, bad among criminals, but that was the general idea behind the legislation, wasn't it? Chicago and D.C. have been advertising the vulnerability of their citizens for decades, and look how effective that's been with respect to attracting violent crime. Talk about insanity...

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Whatever.

It's still unamerican

IN THE BOLD PORTION! Perhaps you should do a little research into American history, like when for nearly 200 years it was mandatory that the men of every house keep and bear arms and that all men be trained in their use (sometimes it mandated all women too) in the majority of the colonies. Many colonies made it mandatory that all males of a certain age be armed at all times, even when going to church and gatherings. Owning firearms is what America is all about, and it is because of firearms that we have our freedoms. I believe everyone should be armed so that everyone can defend their freedom, because without the means to protect freedom, freedom wouldn't last long. It is hard to hide from tyranny without the means to defend against it.

I do find it repulsive that Georgia extends the 1,000 foot school zone to post-secondary institutions!

Last edited: