• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dick Morris: History of the Second Amendment

davidmcbeth

Banned
Its Heller, not Parker.....and any treaty cannot abrogate our constitution ... and jews did own guns in Germany, Germany under Hitler stripped their guns from them via their legal process. And an argument using jews in Germany is too easy to make and many would find it offensive, so use another case (there are many just as good examples that relate closer to home).

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Its Heller, not Parker.....and any treaty cannot abrogate our constitution ... and jews did own guns in Germany, Germany under Hitler stripped their guns from them via their legal process. And an argument using jews in Germany is too easy to make and many would find it offensive, so use another case (there are many just as good examples that relate closer to home).

Why? Is it politically incorrect (which would be absurd)? The fact is, most Jews in occupied Europe were unarmed and easy prey for a regime bent upon their annihilation. And this has been a universal truth down through the ages regardless of one's geographical area. Unarmed people are ripe for the taking. Armed people are not.

Now as for "and any treaty cannot abrogate our constitution", I agree with you. The problem is many folks think otherwise. They somehow believe that a president and a senate can enter into any treaty they wish and if the senate ratifies it, it becomes law. I argue as you, that this is not so. No president and no senate can sign and ratify a treaty which countermands the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

Last edited:

TFred

Morris has so far refused to answer many people who have asked him to clarify his stance on the treaty vs. Constitution. And that refusal has diminished his credibility, I will readily admit.

As for the other points... I doubt Mr. Morris reads this forum, so your points may be better received in an e-mail to Mr. Morris himself.

TFred

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
As for the other points... I doubt Mr. Morris reads this forum, so your points may be better received in an e-mail to Mr. Morris himself.

TFred

Thx TFred for the suggestion ... but I think that posting here would have the same result..lol

Shoobee

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/bardwell/miller_v_texas.txt

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/bardwell/supreme_cases.html

Heller, the most recent USSC case on gun rights, states Scalia's and the Majority's views on the history of 2A.

The preceding case law was Miller.

There are numerous other cases as well. I have cited them above. They make for good reading.

Views of the history have changed.

Right now, at this instant, their view is that We The People have a right to be armed inside our homes. But the states can make any laws they want to about carrying guns openly or concealed outside of our homes. So from now on the states basically have a blank check.

So if you live in Vermont or Arizona, then you are lucky, and you are free. No fee required. No prohibitions either. And you don't need permission from your gestapo chief either. Everywhere else, you either are lucky if you only have to pay a fee and wait, or else your local gestapo has said no they will not issue to you.

Shoobee

I dated a pretty Jewish young woman for a while. It went so far as to me getting the sit-down from her dad about this-and-that, the kids to be, and so forth. She eventually married another guy, Jewish, had kids, and lived happily ever after. I am happy for them. I have fondest memories of dating her.

They are a powerful and influential minority group in the USA.

In the former USSR the Jews were a very formidable underground anti-Soviet group.

In the former 3rd Reich they were not. They thought it could not happen there. And then it did. Their worst nightmare since the Spanish inquisition.

In Israel they do not mess around, they cannot afford to, they are armed to the hilt, everyone, boys and girls, walking around Tel Aviv with their uzi's every day.

It seems to me that the lesson that the Jews have taught each of us is that you must be armed, at all times, when you are surrounded by enemies.

The modern enemies of modern America are criminals. Ergo we could benefit by learning a lot from the Jews of Israel right about now.

As the economy gets worse, the crime problem will also get worse. And that's not even considering the usual drug addicted offenders or the mentally ill psycho's between 15 and 25.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/bardwell/miller_v_texas.txt

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/bardwell/supreme_cases.html

Heller, the most recent USSC case on gun rights, states Scalia's and the Majority's views on the history of 2A.

The preceding case law was Miller.

There are numerous other cases as well. I have cited them above. They make for good reading.

Views of the history have changed.

Right now, at this instant, their view is that We The People have a right to be armed inside our homes. But the states can make any laws they want to about carrying guns openly or concealed outside of our homes. So from now on the states basically have a blank check.

So if you live in Vermont or Arizona, then you are lucky, and you are free. No fee required. No prohibitions either. And you don't need permission from your gestapo chief either. Everywhere else, you either are lucky if you only have to pay a fee and wait, or else your local gestapo has said no they will not issue to you.

Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out for clarification sake, this is true at it pertains to concealed weapons. Many many states do not restrict anyone who can legally own a gun from carrying it openly.

Shoobee

Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out for clarification sake, this is true at it pertains to concealed weapons. Many many states do not restrict anyone who can legally own a gun from carrying it openly.

Occasionally I will visit Nevada or Arizona for a taste of real freedom.

But most of the time I live and work in CCCP-Calif, where the gestapo rules almost everywhere. And if you are not gestapo then you are all bad in their view.

Last edited: