• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sentenced to Death for Shopping at COSTCO

NickinSeattle

This man was slaughtered on the sidewalk after a COSTCO employee saw his legally carried weapon and created a panic. I read this article with horror and disgust. This is the kind of thing that happens in third world police states, not here in our country.:banghead:
I can't speak for all of you but as for me I will never shop at COSTCO again.

Here's the link.
http://standupamericaus.com/legally-carrying-a-firearm-perhaps-its-guilt-first:38508

Last edited:

Wastelander

This man was slaughtered on the sidewalk after a COSTCO employee saw his legally carried weapon and created a panic. I read this article with horror and disgust. This is the kind of thing that happens in third world police states, not here in our country.:banghead:
I can't speak for all of you but as for me I will never shop at COSTCO again.

Here's the link.
http://standupamericaus.com/legally-carrying-a-firearm-perhaps-its-guilt-first:38508

Sad and horrible, and I don't know about there but the Costco near me has a big sign prohibiting firearms next to the door--he DID NOT have the right to be carrying in the store. If he had listened to the store employee (or the big sign) and left he would still be alive. That said, the police did not react properly at all and this should not have happened, regardless

Tears formed in my eyes after this. THIS MAN WAS MURDERED, scratch that, EXECUTED, by armed criminals. THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN EDITED BY THE MODERATOR FOR VIOLATING THE FORUM RULES.

wylde007

What a horrible thing to say.
Professional municipal hit squads exist extra-Constitutionally.

They serve no purpose but to enforce punitive laws and generate revenue. On rare occasion one may commit a random act of kindness or act with civic responsibility - but such examples are few and far between.

sultan62

Sad and horrible, and I don't know about there but the Costco near me has a big sign prohibiting firearms next to the door--he DID NOT have the right to be carrying in the store. If he had listened to the store employee (or the big sign) and left he would still be alive. That said, the police did not react properly at all and this should not have happened, regardless

I don't give a FLYING **** if he wasn't allowed to carry there. It did not warrant being shot, much less four times in the back, once through the armpit while his hands were up, etc.

It was murder, plain and simple, and looking at the history of this PD, it will likely go unpunished. Also to blame are those who said he was "possibly on narcotics" and "acting suspiciously".

eye95

Professional municipal hit squads exist extra-Constitutionally.

That is just factually inaccurate. Apart from specifying rights that government may not infringe, The Constitution is silent on municipal governments and municipal police forces. The Constitution's near-exclusive raison d'etre is to define the limitations of the federal government.

Furthermore, referring to police forces as "hit squads" qualifies, IMO, as cop-bashing and, if the owners agree with that assessment, is a violation of Rule 6.

Moving on.

Wastelander

I don't give a FLYING **** if he wasn't allowed to carry there. It did not warrant being shot, much less four times in the back, once through the armpit while his hands were up, etc.

It was murder, plain and simple, and looking at the history of this PD, it will likely go unpunished. Also to blame are those who said he was "possibly on narcotics" and "acting suspiciously".

I do not disagree with you that he should not have been shot, nor do I disagree that what the police did was murder an innocent man. I merely stated that this whole mess could have been avoided, regardless of the mentality of the individual police officers involved

smlawrence

Maybe I misread something but doesn't the last paragraph of the story from the first post link say that the store where this tragedy took place "DID NOT" have a sign prohibiting weapons. So therefore the store employee did not have the right to tell him that he couldn't be carrying the gun. I also don't see in the story that anyone asked him to leave. Once again leaving him with the right to shop while carrying his gun. I will however agree with you that the police seem to have reacted improperly.

Wastelander

Maybe I misread something but doesn't the last paragraph of the story from the first post link say that the store where this tragedy took place "DID NOT" have a sign prohibiting weapons. So therefore the store employee did not have the right to tell him that he couldn't be carrying the gun. I also don't see in the story that anyone asked him to leave. Once again leaving him with the right to shop while carrying his gun. I will however agree with you that the police seem to have reacted improperly.

The story I read stated that he bent over or knelt down, revealing his concealed handgun, at which point he was informed by an employee that he could not carry in the store. He then responded that it was his right to carry and he had a permit, and then the employee freaked out and told security, who freaked out and told the police, who freaked out and shot the man. Regardless of whether or not there was a sign, they were within their private property rights to ask him to leave and I was under the impression that all Costco stores do not allow guns, but I could very well be wrong and it could just be the one near me. In any case, I hope that this raises awareness for 2A rights and lands the murdering officers in prison--they give good officers a bad name.

OldCurlyWolf

Not being privy to all the facts, I can make very few definitive statements about this incident.

One I can make is that all three officers that fired are at best incompetent and need to be fired and their CLEET status be changed to NONE, thereby making them ineligible for rehire at ANY police agency.

At worst they need to be prosecuted for premeditated murder.

eye95

Maybe I misread something but doesn't the last paragraph of the story from the first post link say that the store where this tragedy took place "DID NOT" have a sign prohibiting weapons. So therefore the store employee did not have the right to tell him that he couldn't be carrying the gun...

Can you cite the relevant State law that supports this statement? I know from personal experience that, at least in Alabama, one can be asked to leave an establishment for carrying a firearm, even if no sign is posted.

wylde007

That is just factually inaccurate.
Wrong.

Have you read any state Constitutions which specifically provide for municipal revenue-generating law-enforcement divisions?

I'll wait.
Furthermore, referring to police forces as "hit squads" qualifies, IMO, as cop-bashing and, if the owners agree with that assessment, is a violation of Rule 6.
Opinion.

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN EDITED BY THE MODERATOR FOR VIOLATING THE FORUM RULES.Can you cite the relevant State law that supports this statement? I know from personal experience that, at least in Alabama, one can be asked to leave an establishment for carrying a firearm, even if no sign is posted.[/QUOTE]Can you cite relevant state law that provides for an otherwise law-abiding citizen to be murdered for what amounts to civil trespass while exercising a Constitutional right?

Again, I'll wait.

eye95

I ask the poster for a cite to support your position, and you rubber-and-glue it.

Moving on.

Last edited:

Thundar

That is just factually inaccurate. Apart from specifying rights that government may not infringe, The Constitution is silent on municipal governments and municipal police forces. The Constitution's near-exclusive raison d'etre is to define the limitations of the federal government.

Moving on.

You are most definately wrong about the constitution eye 95. 14thA secion 1 applies to states (and their sub-divisions). It specifically states that the federal and state gov'ts must apply due process before depriving on of his life. Hit squads which derive their power from the state do not apply due process, thus they violate the 14th A.

The use of hit squads is pejorative, though perhaps not bashing. If police are empowered with super rights, including the right to inflict death upon the citizen without due process, and enjoy great shelter from said government legal system in doing so, coud they not be considered hit squads? It is all about context. In the context in which it is used for the Costco murder, it seems quite appropriate to many on this forum.

The use of the word all, however, is certainly a false premise.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

KS_to_CA

Have you check the Costco where he was shopping? He has the right to carry his firearm if there was no sign prior to this event. And even if there is and he disregarded the sign, the police should have enough brain not to execute an individual. That's what they are trained for.

He was an army veteran, a West Point grad, and an MBA. That idiot for a cop has been involved in a prior questionable shooting before. Which one has more integrity, you think?