• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Walmart

Para1911

Trying to find Walmart's corporate policy on OCing. Have not been able to find it on thier web site. Anyone know where I can find it?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Yep you should be just fine at any Walmart in the State.

Actually I seem to recall that the eventual determination after a dozen or so threads on this issue in as many states is that WalMart policy allows for individual store managers to reserve the right to ban guns as they see fit. I'm not willing to cite to authority now, though, so take that as worth what you paid for it. :p

With that said, WalMart is in part a gun and ammo store, and I've never been looked at askance while OCing in WalMarts in Virginia, and most folks report the same. I wouldn't anticipate any problems, and corporate policy defaults to state law unless the manager actively decides differently (once again, assuming I'm remembering correctly). Just make sure you aren't the victim of an attempted gun-grab by a mall-ninja wannabe. :lol:

Last edited:

protias

Actually I seem to recall that the eventual determination after a dozen or so threads on this issue in as many states is that WalMart policy allows for individual store managers to reserve the right to ban guns as they see fit. I'm not willing to cite to authority now, though, so take that as worth what you paid for it. :p

With that said, WalMart is in part a gun and ammo store, and I've never been looked at askance while OCing in WalMarts in Virginia, and most folks report the same. I wouldn't anticipate any problems, and corporate policy defaults to state law unless the manager actively decides differently (once again, assuming I'm remembering correctly). Just make sure you aren't the victim of an attempted gun-grab by a mall-ninja wannabe. :lol:

Didn't a mall ninja end up KO'd for doing that to a guy in VA? :lol:

gunguy2009

I OC'ed in the Beloit, WI walmart and I was stopped and asked about it and asked to leave until the could verify that is was in fact ok for me to carry in THAT store. It is not up to corporate, but up to the District Manager of that Particular Walmart. I agreed to leave and they called me in 5-6 days and said Yes, They spoke with the DM and he is all for OC'ing in HIS store. Every Walmart has its own say-so whether you can carry or not. I believe most do allow it tho...

protias

I OC'ed in the Beloit, WI walmart and I was stopped and asked about it and asked to leave until the could verify that is was in fact ok for me to carry in THAT store. It is not up to corporate, but up to the District Manager of that Particular Walmart. I agreed to leave and they called me in 5-6 days and said Yes, They spoke with the DM and he is all for OC'ing in HIS store. Every Walmart has its own say-so whether you can carry or not. I believe most do allow it tho...
Wrong, corporate stores follow corporate policy. Individually owned stores follow their own policy.

jeff niles

Walmart oc

I oc in Janesville all the time,but I don't ask if not posted, then carry,don't open up a can of worms.