• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

the FBI chicken littles are at it again... in the name of "terrorism"

MKEgal

Here's a writeup from the NRA-ILA about recent fliers sent to gun shops in CT & UT, explaining what they think is "suspicious behavior" that should be reported to the FBI for further investigation. (Instead of BATFE, which is the usual method.)

Here are copies of the PDFs sent in both states; they're slightly different.

Some things they think may be suspicious, given the "totality of circumstances":
+ Changing appearance (including hair color... sorry ladies, you're now on an FBI list)

+ Paying with cash

+ Travelling an "illogical distance" to purchase or shoot
(gee, I don't go to the closest ranges here in Milwaukee... does that make me suspect?)

+ Making racist or extreme religious statements
(I've heard this from some people; should I report them because they're also carrying a pistol?)

+ Interest in learning offensive moves in a confined space

+ Interest in learning the use of hidden weapons
(How many millions of people have taken training specific to carrying concealed?)

+ Bulk purchases of "weatherproofed ammunition" or match containers
(how much makes something "bulk"?)

To try to be fair, some of the other things they list I think anyone would be suspicious of.

activities... must be examined by law enforcement professionals in a larger context to determine whether there is a basis to investigate.
So they have to investigate the probably completely innocent actions in order to determine if there's reason to investigate.
:banghead:

Last edited:

Jack House

Possesses little knowledge of intended purchase items of items.

Say what?

I shave my beard about once every two weeks. I let it grow out quite a bit, then shave it all the way back. I do the same with my hair. I suppose that is suspicious behavior. :rolleyes:

I prefer cash over plastic.

I have taken a class on the use of concealed weapons.

I am interested in practicing team tactics.

Oh ****, I must be a terrorist. :uhoh:

MR Redenck

Terrorist???
Are they ever going to figure out what a Terrorist really is?
We support freedom and Constitutional Rights! The Terrorist are the people who constantly violate those same rights were fighting for.
:banghead::cuss:

JohnH

So, if I possess a lot of knowledge about the items I want ot purchase, does that make me OK or does it make me super suspect?

What's to learn from this? Research what you want before you buy, ask for that and that alone, answer no more questions than nessicary, don't get into BS conversations with the man behind the counter... Gee, sounds like a trip to Walmart...

I should have read farther down in the PDF...

"It is important to remember that just because someones speech, actions, beliefs, appearance or way of life is different, it does not mean that he or she is suspicious."

What kind of disclaimer is that...

"Sir since we can't legally use profiling, we have asked all firearms dealers to watch for suspicious characters wanting to purchase arms or related materials. The firearms clerk at the Big Name Store noticed that your were cutting your hair shorter and wearing shortsleeve shirts and bermuda shorts when you came in and bought a 330 pack of 22 LR, some BB's a bag of charcoal and a portable grill. We came into you house tonight using a no knock warrant and upon seeing you in pajama's we realized that you watched way to many Ozzie and Harriet shows and decided that shooting you would be the best method of relieving you of this temporary insanity you insist is reality. Would you please sign this waiver before you bleed out and your widow sues our pants off.."

Last edited:

nobama

Our you surprised?? Look who we have elected. The real imediate terrorists are those that try to take these LIBERTIES away. Thousands have sacrificed to give us our God given rights AND a Republic, thousands have died to help keep them. Now look what we have. Not hardly one damn person willing to stand up for either and call them out. Pretty sad dont you think?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Here's a writeup from the NRA-ILA about recent fliers sent to gun shops in CT & UT, explaining what they think is "suspicious behavior" that should be reported to the FBI for further investigation. (Instead of BATFE, which is the usual method.)

Here are copies of the PDFs sent in both states; they're slightly different.

Some things they think may be suspicious, given the "totality of circumstances":
+ Changing appearance (including hair color... sorry ladies, you're now on an FBI list)

+ Paying with cash

+ Travelling an "illogical distance" to purchase or shoot
(gee, I don't go to the closest ranges here in Milwaukee... does that make me suspect?)

+ Making racist or extreme religious statements
(I've heard this from some people; should I report them because they're also carrying a pistol?)

+ Interest in learning offensive moves in a confined space

+ Interest in learning the use of hidden weapons
(How many millions of people have taken training specific to carrying concealed?)

+ Bulk purchases of "weatherproofed ammunition" or match containers
(how much makes something "bulk"?)

To try to be fair, some of the other things they list I think anyone would be suspicious of.

So they have to investigate the probably completely innocent actions in order to determine if there's reason to investigate.
:banghead:

So, what the hell do we have law enfarcement for again?

Is there anything on that list not guaranteed to generate a 99%+ rate of red herrings?

Jesus H. Christ. What a bunch of morons. I can't believe my taxes pay their salaries. I'd fire all of them.

Jack House

59730.jpg

since9

Campaign Veteran
So, what the hell do we have law enfarcement for again?

Is there anything on that list not guaranteed to generate a 99%+ rate of red herrings?

Jesus H. Christ. What a bunch of morons. I can't believe my taxes pay their salaries. I'd fire all of them.

I'm inclined to side with you, marshaul. The list is ridiculous, including "Possess little knowledge of intended purchase items of items."

Who wrote this, anyway? Someone for whom English is a second language, certainly. Sounds to me it may have been a terrorist. What better way to terrorize honest, law-abiding citizens than to get them to turn on one another?

About 30% of the list is legit. The rest smells like someone pulled it ... .. .... ... trying for their next promotion.

@Jack: Awesome poster. :lol: Love the Walmart in the background, given their recent alliance.

Last edited: