• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

something that i wonder about

Brion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W5wqY0HZXg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

When I watch this video it pisses me off how the anger trickles to a simmer at the end. I think about how in the past in order to get the government to do what is right requires people to do what most think is wrong. I see in this video over 100 people at the door to the Senate floor and only 2 Texas troopers blocking the way.

Did blacks play by the rules to get civil rights? Do you just bend over when the police say so and go sit at the back of the bus?

Maybe, just maybe, we need to break some rules to make government do what we want it to do. Because even this protest didn't change their minds.

"When the government is scared of it's people, that's liberty. When the people are scared of it's government, that's tyranny."

The government IS NOT scared of it's people.

To apply this also to gun rights. When open carriers were "playing by the rules" California took away open carry of handguns.

Just saying.

Beretta92FSLady

Here is the difference between the Negro and the Caucasian: The Caucasian has just enough opportunity--the Negro even today, does not.

Until the Caucasian doesn't have enough opportunity 'they' will sit and complain on forum's about how terrible things are. Most Caucasian have just enough that they wouldn't lay their a$$ on the line like the Negro had during their struggles.

Brion

Here is the difference between the Negro and the Caucasian: The Caucasian has just enough opportunity--the Negro even today, does not.

Until the Caucasian doesn't have enough opportunity 'they' will sit and complain on forum's about how terrible things are. Most Caucasian have just enough that they wouldn't lay their a$$ on the line like the Negro had during their struggles.

Ignore the person behind the curtains trying to deflect my thoughts. Just focus on my second point at the end of my post. What happened in California when ocers played by the rules
All IM saying is I get tired when people here say things like "that's not good for our cause" "that doesn't represent a good LAC"

TEXAS almost stuck it to the feds. Then they chickened out. The people wanted that bill to pass but they just bent over and let politics do its BS. I feel like what we are doing in Texas isn't working.

Beretta92FSLady

[snippers]

To apply this also to gun rights. When open carriers were "playing by the rules" California took away open carry of handguns.

[snippers].

And what happened?--nobody went out OC'ing thereafter. Do you see the difference? You see, the Negro, although certain things were illegal, got together with all of their Negro friends, and a bunch of Caucasian friends, and marched their a$$es off.

OC'rs, what did they do? They stopped OC'ing.

I ask you: Would you go out, make a statement right this minute about whatever you have a deep conviction for, and risk going to prison over it, right this minute? I didn't think so...you have just enough that keeps you teathered to the System.

Last edited:

Brion

And what happened?--nobody went out OC'ing thereafter. Do you see the difference? You see, the Negro, although certain things were illegal, got together with all of their Negro friends, and a bunch of Caucasian friends, and marched their a$$es off.

I ask you: Would you go out, make a statement right this minute about whatever you have a deep conviction for, and risk going to prison over it, right this minute? I didn't think so...you have just enough that keep you teathered to the System.

That is where you are wrong Lady. If i wasn't stuck in BFE with the military protecting you and yours, I'd be back home in Texas, and would walk up to those Troopers and say "Step aside". People were out in California ocing. And now they OC long rifles. And soon that will get taken. We are a small population for gun rights. Sounds to me like you are saying that we are too small too be able to stand for anything. Requires a million men to March to do anything.

Now get off the race kick and contribute to the topic? Let me be very spacific for you so you can wrap your simple mind around it.

Do you think, had the citizens of Texas pushed the troopers out of the way, stormed into the Senate chambers, and made the demand to pass the bill like they orriginaly had planned, would the Texas citizen be safe from TSA molestation?

Beretta92FSLady

That is where you are wrong Lady. If i wasn't stuck in BFE with the military protecting you and yours, I'd be back home in Texas, and would walk up to those Troopers and say "Step aside". People were out in California ocing. And now they OC long rifles. And soon that will get taken. We are a small population for gun rights. Sounds to me like you are saying that we are too small too be able to stand for anything. Requires a million men to March to do anything.

You are the one who injected Civil Rights into this. Yes, OC'rs are a small population of individuals; firearm owners though, they are 80,000,000 and counting. It seems we ought to spend more time dealing with the firearms community about OC.
Now get off the race kick and contribute to the topic? Let me be very spacific for you so you can wrap your simple mind around it.

You brought-up Race, not me.

Do you think, had the citizens of Texas pushed the troopers out of the way, stormed into the Senate chambers, and made the demand to pass the bill like they orriginaly had planned, would the Texas citizen be safe from TSA molestation?

The citizens ought to have, but why would they? At the end of the day, if the State wants to do something to you, it will, and there is little most of the population would do about it.

Brion

You are the one who injected Civil Rights into this. Yes, OC'rs are a small population of individuals; firearm owners though, they are 80,000,000 and counting. It seems we ought to spend more time dealing with the firearms community about OC.

You brought-up Race, not me.

The citizens ought to have, but why would they? At the end of the day, if the State wants to do something to you, it will, and there is little most of the population would do about it.

I brought up race, you made it the focus of completely disregarding my entire post.

If the state is going to do something to me even thought i make it known that the people want things differen, then Ill bring a camera to take a picture of you bending over and taking it.

Gratz lady.

Beretta92FSLady

I brought up race, you made it the focus of completely disregarding my entire post.

If the state is going to do something to me even thought i make it known that the people want things differen, then Ill bring a camera to take a picture of you bending over and taking it.

Gratz lady.

Voyeurist.

Ruby

I ask you: Would you go out, make a statement right this minute about whatever you have a deep conviction for, and risk going to prison over it, right this minute? I didn't think so...you have just enough that keeps you teathered to the System.

Beretta Lady, for once I agree with you. Most of us are too comfortable, have just enough, as you say, and are too complacent to do much about most of these issues we claim to care about. Some of it is justified; most of us are too busy just trying to stay afloat in a tough ecomony. But then, there's always a convenient excuse, isn't there?:D

Not many are willing to go to prison or die for their beliefs, or at least not just yet. I believe many are willing to do that and may when push comes to shove, but certainly not the vast majority of this country's population. Someone here once said that you only have the rights you are willing to fight for and I believe that's true. Beretta Lady, this is not aimed at you or anyone else on this forum, I am just making a general comment is all. If there were nothing in life that I was willing to die for, what would I be living for?!? Thank God the founding fathers believed that liberty and freedom were worth fighting and dying for or we would still be a colony of England!

Sig229

Most of us are too comfortable, have just enough, as you say, and are too complacent to do much about most of these issues we claim to care about.

Reminds me of a quote by an unknown person that says "America is just a few missed meals away from total chaos".

IMHO, most Americas really do live in a bubble.