• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I Dropped off Letters for Sirota and Brown at Clear Channel

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Because I usually work when they are on the air, and because they seem lucid and reasonable regarding 2a rights and can discuss the topic in a fairly logical manner, I decided to write a letter covering my perspective on open carry in particular, and carry of a firearm in general.

I just received word from their producer that both men now have my letter. Hopefully, they'll read it before going on the air today.

Michael Brown is a conservative who was FEMA director under George W. Bush and in charge of FEMA when hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans.
David Sirota is an author of several works, and a liberal who has been broadcasting for several years now.
They debate things, each from their own unique perspective.

I've written a 3 page letter, and hope they both see some valid points in my argument for open carry.

Guess I'll find out shortly!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

LoneEchoWolf

Howdy Folks!
Because I usually work when they are on the air, and because they seem lucid and reasonable regarding 2a rights and can discuss the topic in a fairly logical manner, I decided to write a letter covering my perspective on open carry in particular, and carry of a firearm in general.

I just received word from their producer that both men now have my letter. Hopefully, they'll read it before going on the air today.

Michael Brown is a conservative who was FEMA director under George W. Bush and in charge of FEMA when hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans.
David Sirota is an author of several works, and a liberal who has been broadcasting for several years now.
They debate things, each from their own unique perspective.

I've written a 3 page letter, and hope they both see some valid points in my argument for open carry.

Guess I'll find out shortly!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Nice to hear, more pro press we can get the better, hopefully they both can see some valid points in the matter, and at very least it might start getting the truth out about Colorado OC and carry in general. thanks for trying we will see how it goes!

Dilligad316

Listening to them on the way home, as I usually do, I didn't hear anything about your letter, but didn't catch much of there show. I did catch some of there show and not knowing who is who, One of them is more for gun rights then the other. Again not knowing who is who one was for the ban on assault rifle and the other wasn't. I do typically listen to KHOW as much as I can and most all of the day shows (5am till 6pm) all seem to be mostly pro 2nd amendment and I typically enjoy listening.
MT I as I am sure many would like to see what you wrote sometime because you typically are informative and I personally try to read your posts when and if I see them.

M-Taliesin

Listening to them on the way home, as I usually do, I didn't hear anything about your letter, but didn't catch much of there show. I did catch some of there show and not knowing who is who, One of them is more for gun rights then the other. Again not knowing who is who one was for the ban on assault rifle and the other wasn't. I do typically listen to KHOW as much as I can and most all of the day shows (5am till 6pm) all seem to be mostly pro 2nd amendment and I typically enjoy listening.
MT I as I am sure many would like to see what you wrote sometime because you typically are informative and I personally try to read your posts when and if I see them.

Howdy Friend!
Well thanks for your supportive comments. Truly appreciated, you may rest assured.

As to which guy was which... The one for more gun rights would be Michael Brown, conservative guy who served the G. W. Bush Administration.
The guy favoring a ban on assault rifles is the liberal guy, David Sirota. At times he sounds fairly reasonable, but does not prove very convincing.
I would like to add that I view myself as liberal, but find myself identifying more with Michael Brown than I ever imagined possible.
Then again, when Sirota had his own show on 760, I seldom listened to him because when I did, I found myself disliking what I heard too often.

Since they just got the letters almost immediately before air time, I suspect they didn't have a chance to read through 3 pages of my thoughts on the subject.
Perhaps they'll refer to my views tomorrow, but likely as not, they arrived at the studios and set about doing 'show prep'. There are things they need to get cleared away before actually going on the air. As of 1:30 pm, neither of them had shown up for their 3:00pm airshift yet. Ergo, I can understand if they didn't get around to my letters.
That's okay.

Among things I had to say were that we, on the OCDO forum, are as heartbroken as any other Coloradans for the tragedy that came into that theater on Friday morning.
Naturally, I offered arguments to specific elements I heard Sirota bring up on Friday, and that was when I decided to write these gentlemen.

I did want to include my letter as an attachment for anybody interested enough to read through 3 pages of my pontification on the subject. But when I attempted to include the specific Word file as an attachment, I couldn't actually make the thing happen. Very annoying! Perhaps I'll just copy and paste the whole thing into a post if anybody is interested in seeing what I said to those folks!

Thanks again for your kind words.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Motofixxer

Certainly, post the info. I personally find it quite useful to read letters etc and use as additional points in my own writings etc. As well as just simply an educational reading.

You can also host the file for viewing and downloading on sights like Scribd or Box.net then just post the link.

Last edited: