• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police had to return his gun....

2OLD2W8

Just caught a news story on WESH tv NBC affiliate in Orlando... A man in Brevard county (didn't catch the city) while engaged in fishing was relieved of his sidearm after local police intervened. The LEO were responding to a MWAG complaint. The local police chief was interviewed and showed his concern for this type of activity, he also stated his concern that anybody could just walk down the street with a fishing pole and carry a gun.

The reporter did say ....... After the police learned that the activity was legal the fisherman's gun was returned.:)

Last edited:

ADulay

Having to teach the police, one rule at a time is getting old, fast.

Do any of these departments ever read their daily bulletins?

AD

Sent from my Glock Academy iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver

Sritt1020

It was Melbourne and the fisherman was me. The complaint came from city workers that were working on the park lights. In the middle of casting my lure, I was approached by two female PD that asked if I was LEO. When I said no their demeanor changed pretty fast. I informed her of the fishing OC law, which she had no idea what I was talking about. She then went on to tell me it doesn't matter because this was a state park. It was a city park with city workers tending to it while we spoke, but that really doesn't matter. Two more PD showed up and surrounded me. I remained calm and cool, but firm on my rights. The only yelling was coming from the officers. I asked why no one was verifying the statutes I gave them in the beginning and the female officer said," You don't tell me what to do, I tell you what to do!!" That is when she decided to disarm me. Of course I told her I didn't consent to a search or seizure of my property, but that never stops them. Realizing this wasn't going well I asked for the supervisor. When he arrived I could her her arguing with him and he had to repeat himself several times. So, I'm guessing she was giving him a couple different scenarios trying to get me for something. It ended with the supervisor telling the officer to give me back my pistol and apologize.

Also, they threatened to charge me with trespassing because I was two feet off the concrete near the water line. Evidently, the No Trespassing under the US1 bridge extends 10 feet past the sign. The officer decided out of the goodness of her heart not to be petty. It was either that or the channel 2 news guy that pulled up in the middle of the stop.

77zach

It was Melbourne and the fisherman was me. The complaint came from city workers that were working on the park lights. In the middle of casting my lure, I was approached by two female PD that asked if I was LEO. When I said no their demeanor changed pretty fast. I informed her of the fishing OC law, which she had no idea what I was talking about. She then went on to tell me it doesn't matter because this was a state park. It was a city park with city workers tending to it while we spoke, but that really doesn't matter. Two more PD showed up and surrounded me. I remained calm and cool, but firm on my rights. The only yelling was coming from the officers. I asked why no one was verifying the statutes I gave them in the beginning and the female officer said," You don't tell me what to do, I tell you what to do!!" That is when she decided to disarm me. Of course I told her I didn't consent to a search or seizure of my property, but that never stops them. Realizing this wasn't going well I asked for the supervisor. When he arrived I could her her arguing with him and he had to repeat himself several times. So, I'm guessing she was giving him a couple different scenarios trying to get me for something. It ended with the supervisor telling the officer to give me back my pistol and apologize.

Also, they threatened to charge me with trespassing because I was two feet off the concrete near the water line. Evidently, the No Trespassing under the US1 bridge extends 10 feet past the sign. The officer decided out of the goodness of her heart not to be petty. It was either that or the channel 2 news guy that pulled up in the middle of the stop.

I'm sure Sean will read this soon, but join/contact Fl carry if you haven't already. We need harassment stories like this collected so we can still go for a legislative fix. The judicial route is a lost cause, imo.

rightwinglibertarian

I asked why no one was verifying the statutes I gave them in the beginning and the female officer said," You don't tell me what to do, I tell you what to do!!" That is when she decided to disarm me. Of course I told her I didn't consent to a search or seizure of my property, but that never stops them. Realizing this wasn't going well I asked for the supervisor. When he arrived I could her her arguing with him and he had to repeat himself several times. So, I'm guessing she was giving him a couple different scenarios trying to get me for something. It ended with the supervisor telling the officer to give me back my pistol and apologize.

Apologise?! You were assaulted and robbed by an ignorant bully who didnt know or refused to accept she is a public servant and accountable to you. I suggest a lawsuit and contacting someone like Jan Morgan as well. If this is in a decent news publication instead of a libtard propaganda service I'd share it all over social networks, tag the police department and the name of the criminal who robbed you wouldnt hurt as well.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Yep, I'm reading it. To the fisherman. Please contact us through the floridacarry.org website.

Sritt1020

Do they have the report on News 2 website? I don't watch News 2, but I would like to see how they portrayed me and the LEO. Anyone with a link.

2OLD2W8

Need to correct some information in my OP.... It was a Melbourne P.D. lieutenant that was making the asinine statement to the WESH 2 news crew and not the Chief. I called the WESH 2 news room to ask why the story was not linked to their website. A man answered, he told me they had too many other stories and this one didn't have enough public interest to merit the bandwidth. I asked who made these arbitrary decisions and he declined to answer, said he had to run to a Lowes home improvement due to a tip about a suspicious package........:uhoh:

2OLD2W8

Do they have the report on News 2 website? I don't watch News 2, but I would like to see how they portrayed me and the LEO. Anyone with a link.

Doesn't look like it is going to be available on their website,,,,,you might be able to buy the archived news cast though...:)

The segment that was aired, was....1 (video only) of you standing and talking with 2 officers and 1 (interview)with you answering their question about, why do you carry..... The segment with the lieutenants statement was most concerning to say the least, and is probably very useful to Florida Carry!!!!!

Last edited: