• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another story of price raising prior to friday ~ results in death of Walmart worker

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ampled-black-friday-stampede-article-1.334059

"I look at these people's faces and I keep thinking one of them could have stepped on him," said one employee. "How could you take a man's life to save $20 on a TV?"

Trampled to death worker at wallyworld ~ maybe if they did not raise their retail prices 200% and say folks would save 400 bucks this would not happen.

Sooner or later a company will be held liable.

I did see another story about to 2008 trampling at wallyworld ~ they still have not paid the 800 buck OSHA fine...

Likely a bunch of New Yorkers walking on this guy's back like cattle.

I stayed in on Friday and did some work around the house.

Last edited by a moderator:

scouser

I stayed in on Friday and did some work around the house.

one of the most sensible things you've said David. I'll never do the black friday shopping thing, I've personally watched a person getting crushed to death in a crowd, and was close to being a victim there myself too, the image stays in your mind for a long time and makes you think twice about crowded places

Last edited:

Primus

They have already protested / rioted,,, to honor the life and loss of mike brown,,, by,,,

LOOTING!!! the store! where he stole the cigarillos and strong armed the owner...
Lol just pictured you screaming this in person. I literally chuckled out loud. I agree with you on this one very much...

ETA...... I remember when things were simpler....

When your boy got whacked by da po po or another thug you just poured some of ya 40 on the ground and said "fo my dead dogs yo"

Now you go and loot then try to burn down the store your boy got shot because he robbed the store.

Last edited: