• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Roundup phone calls have started ...

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Just got a call from someone "reminding" me the Republicrat Roundup is happening on 2 October, and wanting to know if I'd attend. "Something for everyone in the family" was one of the young man's lines.

He didn't appreciate my "Cantor doesn't want me, or my money, or my gun there."

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Oh he wants your money and your vote!

Problem is he just doesn't get it. :eek:

Maybe it's time for someone that does!!!!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The plans for the VCDL Welcoming Committee have been announced. Rather than a long-day event it's going to be a couple of hours covering the arrival of participants.

October 2, 2010 on the road leading to Snag-a-Job Pavillion.

The VA-ALERT:

VCDL's Protest of Eric Cantor's Anti-Gun GOP Roundup

Congressman Eric Cantor (R-7th), continues to hold his annual roundup at Snag-A-Job Pavillion at Innsbrook in Glen Allen, where lawful carry of guns are banned.

VCDL tried to work with Cantor and the 7th District GOP Chairman, Linwood Cobb for several years, to move the event to one of several venues that we identified as being pro-gun. One of our members even offered to pay any cost differential.

Ultimately we were strung along, ignored, and even told that "no one needs to bring a gun."

Last year, 325 of you joined VCDL's first Freedom Rally protest of Cantor's anti-gun fundraiser, which forced Cantor to defend his position to the press. In characteristic politician-speak which takes us all for fools, he blamed the property owners of the venue where he holds his annual events.

Would he also expect to be excused if he held a fundraiser at a club that banned women or minorities because it was the club's policy, not his?

At the end of last year's roundup, Linwood Cobb defiantly challenged gun owners by declaring Cantor's event would again be held at gun-banning Snag-A-Job Pavillion this year.

So mark your calendars for Saturday, October 2!

This year we will be much more focused on everyone being lined up at the entranceway to Cantor's event during the short period when Roundup attendees are arriving. It will not be an all day event like last year, just two hours of maximum concentration and visibility, with many more protest signs.

We can anticipate press coverage again, and numbers are our strength. We need YOU! Please stand with us from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. (Cantor's event begins at 3:00 p.m.) on October 2.

The pavilion is located at 5236 Cox Road, Glen Allen, 23462. Parking will be very limited along the roadway there, but other limited parking may be available at the Shoppes at Innsbrook at the intersection of Cox and Broad (and be sure to partonize those shops which supported us so well last year). Carpooling helps. Arrive early so you have plenty of time to park and be on station by 2:00 p.m. VCDL facilitators in clearly marked safety vests will be on site.

*** Needless to say, we urge you NOT to attend Cantor's event or to provide financial support to this act of hypocrisy! ***

In order for us to get a headcount, if you plan on attending send an email with the subject line: "Cantor protest: x",
where "x" is the number attending, to Dennis O'Connor at:

Dennis@vcdl.org

Only the subject line of your email will be viewed and not the actual content, which I suggest you just leave empty.

See you there!

stay safe.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Custom T-Shirt?

Not sure if I am going yet or not...
cantorwont.jpg

cantorback.jpg

$27.50 at http://www.customink.com/

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
'Scuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't the issue bigger than VCDL?

And Ed, thanks for the idea. "Rush" delivery to get it before the Roundup, but to my mind worth the expense.

If you can't make it, just think of me wearing the shirt as a way of getting your message out to Eric and Linwood.

stay safe.

Repeater

Is there a Libertarian, Tea Party or Constitution Party person running?

This is, indeed: Floyd Bayne. At the recent Young Guns book signing that I posted about here earlier, Bayne confronts Cantor, wanting to know why Eric has refused all debates.

As Cantor later explained to the RTD, he can't debate because he's "too busy" ...

Independent Green candidate Floyd Bayne confronted Cantor in line, asking why he wouldn't participate in a debate. He got a warm greeting, but no response.

Asked later if he would consider the challenge, Cantor replied: "Probably not. . . . Too many people are out of work, so we're staying focused on that and staying in Washington four to five days a week."

Really, Eric - can't, or won't? Let's see:

Cantor won't debate:

There's no secret why Cantor won't agree to a debate: his record contains more than enough skeletons that allow his opponents to ask rather embarrassing questions about his commitment to limited government, nevermind fiscal responsibility.

Trying to formulate answers to such vexing questions as why he embraced and abetted the rampant expansion of government during the Bush years might force him to recall (or even worse, defend) things he'd much rather pretend never happened.

Bayne is quite willing to discuss issues. Why won't Eric? At least Floyd confronted Eric in front of the TV cameras.

Perhaps he could join in the merriment at the 2010 Roundup.

Floyd Bayne

Greetings, fellow gun owners, I will be holding a Town Hall meeting that very day (imagine that, actually talking to voters) in Rockville, from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. If time allows I will try to stop by Innsbrook, as I share your concerns and frustration regarding Cantor's ignoring of gun owners.

If you would like to stop by Rockville before heading to Innsbrook please go to my website - www.floydbayne.com - and click on the "events" tab. You will find the details for the meeting there. I hope to see you on the 2nd.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Hell no! I will vote for you but I don't wanna go to MD.. ever. Besides, it's too hard to be armed, disarm to go to MD and then re-arm back in VA to go about daily life. No thanks.

Setle down, Ed. We have a Rockville in Virginia, too. It's actually a nice little wide spot in the road.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=R...titude=37.7238&longitude=-77.7077&geocode=ZIP

Darned Northern Virginians. Think nothing exists outside the Beltway, and don't know how to drive.

stay safe.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA