• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toys R Us - no longer gun friendly

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I found this on another forum......

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
FW: Cranberry Twp Store 16066

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response - 02/15/2011 07:10 PM
Dear Robert Bondi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We value all your feedback, positive and negative, as it helps us to understand how our guests feel and gives us an opportunity to evaluate any possible issues.

At Toys “R” Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority. As a retailer that welcomes millions of kids and families into our stores across the country each year, we take our responsibility to create only the safest shopping environment very seriously. While we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.

Sincerely,

Nathan Pavlish
“R” Us Guest Relations

Ajetpilot

So, Iwonder if they intend to install metal detectors and do pat down searches at the entrances of their stores in order to prevent bad guys from carrying in their stores. How else would they be able to ensure "the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us."

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
A co-worker of mine ran across what appears to have been one of the first stores in the nation to post, here in Lynchburg, VA late last summer. There are a couple threads on OCDO, both in the Virginia forum and general forum to let people know. I guess word didn't get 'round.

Tawnos

. While we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.
= we don't respect those rights

Come on companies, man up and say it!

fire suppressor

= we don't respect those rights

Come on companies, man up and say it!

Its insulting when they think they are so smart they can talk over us without us catching on. If they really cared about the safety of there employees and guests they would be encouraging open carry

o2ryan

Who shops Brick & Mortar anymore? That's like writing a check at the grocery store!

People who give s#*t about pouring money back into their local economy vs. sending it to CA and other such foreign countries for starters. People who care about their neighbor having a job more than saving a buck online every time they need something.

Dean, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but your statement befuddles me. Do you not shop at a local grocery store, since you brought it up? That is a Brick and Mortar. Do you order your tires online or go to a tire shop? Do you go to a coffee shop or order your latte's online? If you still do any of these things locally then You, my friend, still shop at a Brick and Mortar.

Back to the topic. Thank you M1gunr for bringing this to our attention locally. I don't personally shop at Toys R Us, but I do like being informed on where I should and shouldn't spend my money based on how they value my right and ability to protect myself.

Last edited:

deanf

Dean, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but your statement befuddles me. Do you not shop at a local grocery store, since you brought it up?

Not trying to pick a fight? Then why the absurd counter arguments? Buy my coffee on-line? Please . . . .

amlevin

Thank God my grandkids have grown up enough that my wife and I don't have to shop at Toy's R Us anymore. The one we shopped at was essentially a day care center for 4-8 year olds. Running up and down aisles, opening toys and playing with them, leaving the box and toy in the middle of the aisle when they were done, riding all the "riding toys".

All this with no parent noticeable and certainly no supervision by staff.

And yes SnarlyWino, I do buy my tires online. Ever hear of Tire Rack. They stock tires that are totally unavailable in many markets. If you go to the tire shop, more likely than not some of these tires will be ordered by them and then sold to you at a healthy markup. If you're buying tires and wheels Tire Rack will mount them, balance them, and ship them to you ready to just bolt on your car. BTW, Hank and Wilma, the owners in South Bend, IN appreciate the business.

As for shopping at Brick and Mortar only if not getting gouged and taken for granted. If my "neighbor" wants to have a job in the area of taking customers he/she'll have to do just that. Take care of customers. If they want to feel like they are entitled to the business just because they "need the job" the'll lose out to the "lowest price" everytime. Think Nordstroms vs K-Mart where one provides service and makes money and the other had to merge with Sears just to stay alive.

o2ryan

Not trying to pick a fight? Then why the absurd counter arguments? Buy my coffee on-line? Please . . . .

Yes, the coffee was an absurd argument. It was mentioned to reflect what I perceived as the absurdity of your original reply, but I concede.

Amlevin. I typed that expecting someone to make that exact example. Good for you. I am not suggesting that we all should choose to buy local as opposed to online every time. And I don't want to get gouged by high prices or receive poor service any more than you do. But there are lots of local businesses that will go out of there way to treat me well and give me a fair deal. What I was suggesting in response to Dean's post was that there are lots of good people for lots of good reasons that still shop at "Brick n's Mortar" retailers and that his post, if not intended sarcastically, was a little short sighted.

Tawnos

Yes, the coffee was an absurd argument. It was mentioned to reflect what I perceived as the absurdity of your original reply, but I concede.
Not that absurd, I know a lot of people that buy their coffee beans online, then roast the beans themselves. Some order their groceries through amazon. Depends on the person.

amlevin

Not that absurd, I know a lot of people that buy their coffee beans online, then roast the beans themselves. Some order their groceries through amazon. Depends on the person.

Don't forget Safeway and Albertsons that have online grocery service. Beats trying to push a cart down the candy and snack aisle past the Wide Loads can't seem to move any faster than a good old Northwest Slug.

Brown_slug.png