• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed burglar broke into a home and tied up a family in the middle of the night

GeoffD

Residents say Kings Valley neighborhood is about as safe as they come.

“There is no crime in this neighborhood. Periodically there will be garbage that isn’t picked up but that’s the extent of it,” Bill Murrey said.

Murrey lives in Kings Valley and serves on the neighborhood board.

He says what happened early Sunday morning is unlike anything that's happened before.

“To say the least I’m shocked. It’s a very tight knit neighborhood here and things just don’t happen like this around here,” he said.

But in the family neighborhood, West Des Moines police say a man armed with a knife and wearing a ski mask broke into a home there Sunday morning around 1:30.

http://www.whotv.com/news/who-high-alert-20110802,0,1621899.story

protias

Goes to show that no matter how "safe" you think you are, crime can and does happen at any time and place.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
LOL I guess they should teach there kid not to say "come in" to a knock at the door and 1:30 in the morning, ether they have the worlds dumbest kid or there more to the story