• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can't OC at McKenna rally

cpgrad08

There is going to be a McKenna rally this Sunday in Lakewood. Rob himself will be there. I got an email asking people to RSVP. I sent you and asking OCing at the event and this is response I got back.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your RSVP. Our host has respectfully asked that you not bring your gun to the event.

Thanks,
Madeleine

I have written back to them declining my RSVP.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
There is going to be a McKenna rally this Sunday in Lakewood. Rob himself will be there. I got an email asking people to RSVP. I sent you and asking OCing at the event and this is response I got back.

Why are you asking a question to do something that is legal? Did you ask him if you could wear jeans?

40300_1168747515356_6430358_n.jpg

cpgrad08

I was wondering what there policy was thats all.
Also the rally is going to be on private property.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Metalhead47

I was wondering what there policy was thats all.
Also the rally is going to be on private property.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

You will get yourself a very quick scolding around here if you "inquire about the policy" or otherwise ask permission to OC. Most people/places/things, when asked up front, will respond in the negative, usually out of ignorance or a knee-jerk "guns are bad, mkay" mentality. It is suggested that you exercise this right the same as you would the right to speak as you wish, wear jeans, or any other: simply go about your business as you would any other day. If an issue happens to arise, deal with it at the time politely and respectfully. It may surprise you just how little that is actually necessary.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
You will get yourself a very quick scolding around here if you "inquire about the policy" or otherwise ask permission to OC. Most people/places/things, when asked up front, will respond in the negative, usually out of ignorance or a knee-jerk "guns are bad, mkay" mentality. It is suggested that you exercise this right the same as you would the right to speak as you wish, wear jeans, or any other: simply go about your business as you would any other day. If an issue happens to arise, deal with it at the time politely and respectfully. It may surprise you just how little that is actually necessary.

Well said Metalhead.

hermannr

And who is "our host"? They don't want my gun, they don't want me, my vote, or my contrabution...

Mainsail

Uh, what? If you wrote to them with sentences like that they might not have understood what you were saying.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
It's not McKenna's stance on OC or gun rights. As Kirby Wilbur told me personally "McKenna is good on that issue." As Mckenna has told me personally on several occasions, passing new firearms laws are not the answer. (He is after more RECO laws to break gangs apart) I have OC'd and CC'd in his presence and with his knowledge, from the above picture at a rally in a public place to several private events where I have been both OC and CC (chamber of commerce, realtors, small business). From talking with some in the party and others close to the campaign, it would be a standard/pat answer in a private setting (to say no OC/CC). It is likely the response of the group coordinating the event and not of the campaign. If you were to encounter McKenna at a parade or other public event it would be likely that he would pose for a picture with you.

rapgood

If someone does make an issue out of it, politely ask if McKenna supports the Washington State Constitution in its entirety.

Jeff Hayes

What Metalhead said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Difdi

Why are you asking a question to do something that is legal? Did you ask him if you could wear jeans?

This. I know how to read. I own books. Should I ask permission of event organizers to attend while knowing how to read?

Asking permission just increases the odds someone will tell you no, even if they have no authority to do so. You don't need their permission to engage in lawful behavior, but their refusal of permission might make otherwise lawful behavior unlawful.

amlevin

If you haven't left for the rally yet, just print out a copy of GoGo's picture and pin it to your shirt pocket. That should be your OC carry permit at a McKenna Rally.

BTW,

GoGo--- Didn't you mean RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) instead of RECO?

sudden valley gunner

If you haven't left for the rally yet, just print out a copy of GoGo's picture and pin it to your shirt pocket. That should be your OC carry permit at a McKenna Rally.

BTW,

GoGo--- Didn't you mean RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) instead of RECO?

Blech!, another reason he wont get my vote, his desire to increase law enforcement and to aid prosecutors against the general population along with other ways of ignoring our constitutional individual rights.

Lovenox

Blech!, another reason he wont get my vote, his desire to increase law enforcement and to aid prosecutors against the general population along with other ways of ignoring our constitutional individual rights.

Either McKenna has a person that doesn't know his stance on Open Carry or McKenna is st
arting to distance himself from gun carriers and thier votes. Good Lord I hope it's the first.

Metalhead47

Either McKenna has a person that doesn't know his stance on Open Carry or McKenna is st
arting to distance himself from gun carriers and thier votes. Good Lord I hope it's the first.

C'mon guys look what was ACTUALLY said in the message to the OP:

Our host has respectfully asked that you not bring your gun to the event.

McKenna's NOT the host, a supporter is hosting the event on his behalf, probably as a fundraiser. The host is a private entity or individual and can do anything he/they bloody want regardless of McKenna's own policies and beliefs up to and including excluding Mr. McKenna himself! I know it may come as a shock to some, but many on the right/conservative/republican side, even tho they identify as pro-gun, are not pro-gun to the same level as most folks around here. I think some times y'all need to step back & take a reality check and realize just how radical "our" beliefs are on here, and that's most than just gun rights. I'm not saying that's a bad thing in the slightest. But we need to be aware of that.

There are plenty of folks on the non-liberal side who still think carrying a gun around is "weird," and are under the perception that they have to restrict such as public gatherings, either as a matter of law, perceived liability, or to keep happy others who think it's "weird."

ALL OF WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ROB MCKENNA, HIS IDEALS AND POLICES, OR HIS CAMPAIGN!

<facepalm>

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

There is another candidate running as a Republican, Sharam Hadian. He is also pro gun.

292635_1465117964432_2630861_n.jpg

So you're going to vote for inslee whos going to do the same X5? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk