• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** Legal Defense fund for Skidmark **

USNA69

Like many already ... and I hope many more in the next few days ... I have launched a donation to Skidmark thru PayPal.

I see it as the cost of my ticket to attend his trial.

Thundar

This posting relates to Ed's post where he questions the sign at the ferry. Here is what I believe is the text for the quoted section:

TITLE 33 - NAVIGATION AND NAVIGABLE WATERS

CHAPTER I - COAST GUARD, DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

SUBCHAPTER H - MARITIME SECURITY

PART 105 - MARITIME SECURITY: FACILITIES

subpart b - FACILITY SECURITY REQUIREMENTS

105.250 - Security systems and equipment maintenance.

(a) Security systems and equipment must be in good working order and inspected, tested, calibrated, and maintained according to manufacturers' recommendations.

(b) Security systems must be regularly tested in accordance with the manufacturers' recommendations; noted deficiencies corrected promptly; and the results recorded as required in 105.225 of this subpart.

(c) The FSP must include procedures for identifying and responding to security system and equipment failures or malfunctions.

Link: http://cfr.vlex.com/vid/105-250-security-equipment-maintenance-19756303

Last edited:

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
Jnsane.. just heard. Health and family issues have had me mostly sidelined but I am glad I checked the email.

Skidmark won't remember it but I did meet both him and Grapeshot at the Richmond Coliseum.

To think, I had been wanting to go on that ferry myself. I could very well be in the same situation because of the stickers on my own truck.

I will be sending something soon once I figure out how and how much I can spare without SWMBO noticing

VGOF

This posting relates to Ed's post where he questions the sign at the ferry. Here is what I believe is the text for the quoted section:

TITLE 33 - NAVIGATION AND NAVIGABLE WATERS

CHAPTER I - COAST GUARD, DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

SUBCHAPTER H - MARITIME SECURITY

PART 105 - MARITIME SECURITY: FACILITIES

subpart b - FACILITY SECURITY REQUIREMENTS

105.250 - Security systems and equipment maintenance.

(a) Security systems and equipment must be in good working order and inspected, tested, calibrated, and maintained according to manufacturers' recommendations.

(b) Security systems must be regularly tested in accordance with the manufacturers' recommendations; noted deficiencies corrected promptly; and the results recorded as required in 105.225 of this subpart.

(c) The FSP must include procedures for identifying and responding to security system and equipment failures or malfunctions.

Link: http://cfr.vlex.com/vid/105-250-security-equipment-maintenance-19756303

Right - but what does that have to do with inspection of vehicles and people? Seems to be aimed at security hardware (i.e. references to manufacturer's recommendations).

Pocono

Campaign Veteran
I closed my PP account a while back when I discovered they were anti gun.

Check is in the mail tomorrow.

Good luck SM.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I closed my PP account a while back when I discovered they were anti gun.

Check is in the mail tomorrow.

Good luck SM.

No problem Pocono. I never had a Paypal account (although they are handy in situations like these). I handed mine to Skidmark.

It doesn't matter how it gets there as long as it does get there.

eye95

Contributed via PayPal. It isn't much, but I hope that a lot of not muches will be enough.

Anyway, does that email belong to skidmark or his attorney?

VGOF

The paypal email belongs to the defense fund coordinator - grapeshot (the OP in this thread)

Last edited: