• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 10/16 @ 9 AM - Westbury Deli Cafe (new time!!)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
In the Westbury Pharmacy

For those that don't know, the Deli Cafe is inside (on the left) of the Westbury Pharmacy in the small strip shopping center at the intersection of Three Chop Rd & Eastridge Rd. Note that Eastridge Rd is only one block long - when it crosses Parham Rd. it is Quioccasin Rd.

Good on Skid for thinking of this, all by himself too. The food is very good there and they are quite "friendly."

Westbury Pharmacy

8903 Three Chopt Rd
..............Get directions
Richmond, VA 23229-4614
(804) 285-3428

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
For those that don't know, the Deli Cafe is inside (on the left) of the Westbury Pharmacy in the small strip shopping center at the intersection of Three Chop Rd & Eastridge Rd. Note that Eastridge Rd is only one block long - when it crosses Parham Rd. it is Quioccasin Rd.

Good on Skid for thinking of this, all by himself too. The food is very good there and they are quite "friendly."

Westbury Pharmacy

8903 Three Chopt Rd
..............Get directions
Richmond, VA 23229-4614
(804) 285-3428

Sorry I missed it again. I decided as long as I was in town I'd better go to the flea market at Bellwood and get a framing gun . Mine is on it's last legs. I picked up two for $60.00 from the Mexican tool vendor there. Heaven only knows where he gets all the tools but I was happy to get lightly used, fully functioning name brands...cheap.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Still buying your guns from private vendor I see. :D

Your absence has been duly noted, though you didn't miss a thing this morning unless you like brown, plastic edged fried eggs and don't mind getting your own cream for your coffee.

Conversation both inside and out was excellent - nobody cringed or ducked and the weather was pleasant, if a bit windy.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Your absence has been duly noted,

I hope it wasn't about being more antisocial than normal. I really am swamped. I am selling part rights to the new film that's still in the production phase for a good fee,(I'm uploading part A to one of the composers for him to sign off on the Copyright License now), still farming and building phase three on the barn and spending more time with the VDOF wording than I'd like plus a few other pet legislative projects. AND, I got a new toy that keeps calling to be ridden:lol:
Not to mention it's the beginning of hunting season.:banana:

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I hope it wasn't about being more antisocial than normal. I really am swamped. I am selling part rights to the new film that's still in the production phase for a good fee,(I'm uploading part A to one of the composers for him to sign off on the Copyright License now), still farming and building phase three on the barn and spending more time with the VDOF wording than I'd like plus a few other pet legislative projects. AND, I got a new toy that keeps calling to be ridden:lol:
Not to mention it's the beginning of hunting season.:banana:

Busy is good and no, no more than I would expect. :lol:

State agencies are the bane of us all.

We have a bit if catching up to do one day soon.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Love the location choice! Maybe I can actually make it to one of these things.

If there's a place you would like to meet us at, or have us meet you at, let us know. There are at least 4 Saturdays to every month, and except for holidays and special occassions we meet up to have breakfast and conversation on each of them.

Our informal goal is to find a place where at least a few folks can sit together and chit-chat while both the hoi and poloi admire our hardware. The only rule seems to be that you should not get any body part between us and that first cup of coffee - dire consequences involving the need for bandaids, tourniquets and replacement waitstaff have been reported previously.

And for you folks that for whatever reason find the time or location inconvenient - we are not the only game in town and have not copyrighted the concept. If you want to form another Breakfast Club feel free to go for it. Just be prepared for the possibility that we might show up.

stay safe.