• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3 reported dead in Canadian university shooting, employees of an armored vehicle co.

Greg30-06

I must have read that wrong. I thought it said something about a shooting in a country where they don't have the right to bear arms.

So what exactly are Canada's Gunn laws, summarized of course. I know they are very restrictive but not how. Can a US citizen carry in Canada. I might go fishing in bc next year and am curious.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
So what exactly are Canada's Gunn laws, summarized of course. I know they are very restrictive but not how. Can a US citizen carry in Canada. I might go fishing in bc next year and am curious.

Under most circumstances you cannot.

You can pay a small fee and some paperwork to temporarily import an unrestricted firearm like a shotgun, but even then I think carry is limited mainly to being out in the wilderness and I think must be unloaded. I think self-defense against wildlife is considered legitimate.

But I'm just going off of memory from something I read a long time ago and might be totally wrong.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Thank you so much for that conspiracy-theory-laden link, Herr Koch...

from that link, and I quote:

Even if abolition of the long-gun registry passes both Houses of Parliament and receives Royal Assent, it will NOT affect the registration requirements for restricted and prohibited firearms.

Canada has to get permission from the British Crown to change it's firearms laws? No, it couldn't be true! That would mean that the Crown actually has some sort of political power, and isn't just a fancy figurehead. That would mean that Canada isn't actually a sovereign nation, but is, in fact still a Crown Colony. That would mean that everything we've been told by our own schools, government and media about Canada has been a flat-out lie...

Nah, that link MUST be a bunch of made-up, fictional hooey.

I don't believe it for one minute... :banghead:

I hate to say "I told you so", but, I freaking told you so.

Apologies to me, from anyone who called me a conspiracy theorist over the Canadian Sovereignty issue, are welcome at any time...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I remember being taught that Canada was NOT sovereign when it came to matters of foreign affairs. Meaning, they did not have the power to declare war on anyone, unless it was to join the UK in a war. As for anything else, it's all Canadian to me, eh?

On topic, it mentions an attack on an armored car. Are the employees also armed? It did not say. I'm guessing not. The armed attacker got four of them, even though apparently he did not get the loot. Maybe the employees also did not have access to it once dropped into a locked box or something. It just sounds like a typical recipe: secure the money; the employees are expendable.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Update. Edmonton triple-homicide suspect arrested at U.S. border

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2012/06/16/edmonton-baumgartner-arrested.html
Travis Baumgartner, 21, was stopped at the border crossing in Lynden, Wash., near the U.S.-Canada border southwest of Abbotsford, B.C., Edmonton police said Saturday. Border security was alerted when his licence plate was scanned by an automated system and set off an alarm warning officers that he was considered armed and dangerous.

Dreamer

So this was an "inside job".

Of course, the natural instinct for the Canadian government will be to disarm all security guards, so they can't shoot their colleagues during heists...

OC for ME

Basically this is a armed robbery of a armored car that happen to have occurred on a university campus. Not a "U of A shooting" as headlined in the Edmonton Urinal, or the "Canadian university shooting" as reported in the Faux News.

No mention of the complete lack of effectiveness of Canada's draconian anti-liberty firearms regulations and laws.

Sheeze....