• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A meeting at Congressman Joe Hecks office

The Big Guy

There is going to be a 2A meeting with Joe Heck, 3rd district, this coming Thursday night at his office at 5 pm. I hope lots of OCers show up and voice opinions. This will be a great opportunity to see if he is indeed one of us.

Of great interest to most of us, I'm told there will be free food.

TBG

8915 S. Pecos
#17A
Henderson, NV 89074
702-614-5900

davidmcbeth

Banned
You should listen to the Illinois Moore case oral arguments before going.

The Illinois case questions and comments by the judges are nothing short of retarded. Looks like they'll point the legislature into allowing carry for people who can show an immediate need to carry, like NJ.

I cannot believe the twisted logic the judges are leaning towards and the lawyers in the case clearly have no freaking idea what a pistol/handgun has been in the past. "you couldn't have carried a pistol in 1770" said a judge. Well, YES THEY DID you brain dead liberal...they have guns of all sizes back then too. The lawyer had nothing to say because the lawyer clearly never held a gun in his hand in his life.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...trict-on-Moore-should-be-soon&highlight=moore

Last edited:

The Big Guy

You should listen to the Illinois Moore case oral arguments before going.

The Illinois case questions and comments by the judges are nothing short of retarded. Looks like they'll point the legislature into allowing carry for people who can show an immediate need to carry, like NJ.

I cannot believe the twisted logic the judges are leaning towards and the lawyers in the case clearly have no freaking idea what a pistol/handgun has been in the past. "you couldn't have carried a pistol in 1770" said a judge. Well, YES THEY DID you brain dead liberal...they have guns of all sizes back then too. The lawyer had nothing to say because the lawyer clearly never held a gun in his hand in his life.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...trict-on-Moore-should-be-soon&highlight=moore

I would not guess what they will decide. I thought the judges did a good job of holding both sides feet to the fire. They were equally hard on both sides. The pro 2A lawyer did a awful job, the anti was much better unfortunately for us.

TBG

davidmcbeth

Banned
I would not guess what they will decide. I thought the judges did a good job of holding both sides feet to the fire. They were equally hard on both sides. The pro 2A lawyer did a awful job, the anti was much better unfortunately for us.

TBG

The anti-examination from the judges were about being worried about girls being raped or some specific threat they had made against them ... but this case won't end there anyway so hopefully the 2A lawyer will READ up on gun history. Maybe even handle one.

FallonJeeper

You mean like these?

revflnta1%20resize.jpg

vegaspassat

There is going to be a 2A meeting with Joe Heck, 3rd district, this coming Thursday night at his office at 5 pm. I hope lots of OCers show up and voice opinions. This will be a great opportunity to see if he is indeed one of us.

Of great interest to most of us, I'm told there will be free food.

TBG

8915 S. Pecos
#17A
Henderson, NV 89074
702-614-5900

Crap, I'm pretty sure I'll still be coming back from yosemite

davidmcbeth

Banned
You mean like these?

revflnta1%20resize.jpg

Similar...they made smaller ones too...this is how I see the 7th Dist. court ruling:
They say a complete ban is in violation of the 2A
They'll say that allowing only people with restraining orders is OK

And SCOTUS will tear them up. So many victims of crimes will be yelling "you illegally stripped my father of his right to defend himself and he was killed; the cops were nowhere around!"

The Big Guy

I just confirmed via Congressman Joe Hecks office that there will be a 2A gathering at the campaign office on Pecos from 04:30 to 8:00pm Tomorrow, Thursday, night. Congressman Heck will be there as will Bob Irwin, who is running for state assembly.

My wife and I will be dropping by, OC of course, and I hope many will show up as well. This will be an interesting test to see just how 2A friendly they really are.

I would suggest, and it is just my opinion, show up in nice casual dress. The better an appearance we make at events like this the better for our cause. Either way, if you can't, such as coming from your job, show up anyway. We need numbers. Come with questions and comments too.

TBG

ed2276

I just confirmed via Congressman Joe Hecks office that there will be a 2A gathering at the campaign office on Pecos from 04:30 to 8:00pm Tomorrow, Thursday, night. Congressman Heck will be there as will Bob Irwin, who is running for state assembly.

My wife and I will be dropping by, OC of course, and I hope many will show up as well. This will be an interesting test to see just how 2A friendly they really are.

I would suggest, and it is just my opinion, show up in nice casual dress. The better an appearance we make at events like this the better for our cause. Either way, if you can't, such as coming from your job, show up anyway. We need numbers. Come with questions and comments too.

TBG

Is that Bob Irwin of Gun Store fame (infamy)? We already know his 2A creds with regard to OC.

Merlin

I will aim for 5pm as well. Hypothetical 10yr old in tow. I'll try to bring something with a collar. I think all of my "not legal in california " shirts are in the laundry.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2