• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The NRA endorses Richard Burr

nobama

I got an automated phone call today saying that NC has only one champion for the 2A, and it was Richard Burr. I listened and after about 5 min I got pissed, and called the number back. I talked to a guy in the ILA? I asked him why they would endorse Burr when we have another candidate running that has is a Constitutionalist and would support the 2A to its fullest, his name is Greg Brannon. I was told that their policy is to support the incumbent, I asked why? after all they supported Thom Tillis and I then explained they supported Harry Reid, WTH? He then went on to say they supported Reid because of some shooting range he wanted built. Whoop te dooo!! Anyway, I was not happy and I will be supporting Greg Brannon.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Don't know the specifics of your candidates, but I agree that it's not right to just "support the incumbent," if there's not a clear reason why he's a better choice. Indeed, in elections where both candidates are good, there is no need for the NRA to pick one. What they are really doing is officially betting on the expected winner so it pads their success statistics.

OC for ME

Supporting the incumbent typically means less of a hit to their pocketbook. The NRA is all about the money first and individual liberty next.

solus

so, based on a state candidate returning a survey sent via mail to their home of record, which there is no proof they even received, and then get zero points for not completing the survey coupled with the fact, even if the candidate did complete and return the survey as well as having done well on their voting record ~ yet GRNC says naw'lll ya'll vote for someone else just cuz we say so...

so how did you reconcile GRNC's selections for:
North Carolina Governor (R)
NC Governor (D):

Well BBGUN, at least you have no accountability, whatsoever, in the governance of the state as you have abrogated the decision making to some yoke-al who may not have a single iota or bloody clue regarding political savvy. good job...you deserve those that have been picked for you!!!

ok, BBGUN, who was on decision making panel and their qualifications to assist in the development of said voting guide's selections? I'll wait...

ipse

Last edited:

BBGun

so, based on a state candidate returning a survey sent via mail to their home of record, which there is no proof they even received, and then get zero points for not completing the survey coupled with the fact, even if the candidate did complete and return the survey as well as having done well on their voting record ~ yet GRNC says naw'lll ya'll vote for someone else just cuz we say so...

Knowing how their process works should make it easier for you to compile your own Pro-2A voting guide for us. Once posted, I will be happy to add it to my list of voter guides and take it into consideration. You have until Tuesday morning. :lol:

solus

Knowing how their process works should make it easier for you to compile your own Pro-2A voting guide for us. Once posted, I will be happy to add it to my list of voter guides and take it into consideration. You have until Tuesday morning. :lol:

sorry mate, not what you stated... quote: I used ...unquote nothing stated about consideration.

if you can't or won't do your own research...or even research how GRNC/NRA/ad nauseam came to their conclusions...you deserve what you get...
(only GRNC does not endorse the NRA's candidates as paulv was in a personal legal issue with the NRA and chose to sever all ties with the national organization. theoretically could instructions been given to those developing GRNC's candidate list ~ if vetted by NRA advocate another candidate? you do not have a bloody clue!!)

I know NRA's political victory fund is significantly biased as it is reflected in their choices across the country and wrong on their choices of candidates. i personally know ppl who purposely vote for someone else than the NRA's choice..

what i will do BBGUN, is let you use my computer and connect to al gore's invention to your heart's content researching the candidates, using the NRA/GRNC/CNN/the blaze/BBC/ad nauseam don't care...but do your own bloody homework so YOU and only YOU have accountability when the candidate you supported succeeds or falls flat on their face...

ipse

Last edited: