• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

They Dance in the Blood of our Children!

sudden valley gunner

As a father, I weep with sadness and my heart aches for the murdered children in Connecticut, I can only imagine with horror what the parents are enduring and the emotional turmoil they are going through. I can't imagine this happening to my kids or how I would deal with it. So all I can do is mourn the loss of such innocence and give my condolences to the families of the slain.

Yet my mourning is cut short because immediately the call is for an infringement upon a fundamental right. I find myself having to switch my emotions and thoughts from their proper place of dwelling on this horrible tragedy and loss our country has experienced and grieving to a defensive one having to retaliate with logic the immediate attack of those not wanting to waste a crisis. I don't want to do this I feel horrible having to do this, because we should be focusing our energies in giving support to those who are the surviving victims of a murderous madman, but I know if I don't and others who value their fundamental rights don't, that those constantly on the look out for incidents to rationalize their encroaching tyranny will win.

I experience another emotion at these people, anger. Not anger in a temper tantrum, physically going to act out manner but righteous indignation at these monsters who dance in the blood of our children. Shame on you!

Last edited:

OC for ME

I get where you're coming from but the delivery is a wee bit over the top. But, that is just me.

If only the liberals would dance in the blood of the children killed by drunk drivers. Then, if liberals would call for the enactment of restrictions on the sale and possession of tools that kill more innocent lives each year than all of the gun crime in America combined, that would stop once and for all the senseless slaughter of our precious children due to drunk drivers.

The government is, in my view, the responsible party for this tragic event. Those who voted for anti-liberty nitwits who enacted these laws are also to bare some responsibility. I find it ironic that some of those directly affected by these senseless deaths likely voted for the folks who forbid adults from being in a position to protect a bunch of kindergartners.

Your anger should not be focused on liberals who call for new laws that would restrict individual liberty, liberals have and will always call for new laws to restrict individual liberty. Your anger must be focused, like a laser beam, on those who heed those calls and cast a vote in your state legislature and the halls of Congress that restrict individual liberty.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Anyone who does not further laws will also be vilified as baby killers too .. get ready for your reps to start calling you this ..

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Not anger in a temper tantrum, physically going to act out manner but righteous indignation at these monsters who dance in the blood of our children. Shame on you!

They're also dancing in the blood of the children their philosophy helped kill. They support rendering people defenseless.

Pejerrey

Guys, for the most part is people that have fear of guns and wishes to live in a world free of such horrible violence and hate. They do not have the means to understand why this tragedies happen or how to prevent them... It's just simpleminded thinking. We need to educate them.

When the media constantly show us black/latino males as criminals there will be a huge number of us that will immediately fear black/Latino males and mistrust them, therefore this issue is no different than that kind of racism.

I live this reality myself as a latino immigrant, doesn't matter how much I love this nation and how much I'm committed to it there will be a vast number of people who will dislike me and mistrust me without even knowing me because I their fears and ignorance.

I have met very knowledgeable, respectful, honest, compassionate family people that own guns for the most part and I think this very important for everyone else to realize. But how are we going to let them know this kindness to be trusted if we hate them back.

People blame gun owners for this tragedies, people blame immigrants for the economy, people blame each other a lot. Instead of looking for solutions we look for scape goats. It's easier.

I totally understand your frustration OP and I share some of those feelings, I know it's tempting to label and be condescending but I beg you to use this drive force to change things and educate them so you can find more allies. Please, let's try to make some them understand thru logic instead of scare them even more to push harder towards some legislation they think will protect them but we know it would actually be the reverse effect.

In the same way I have to prove myself worth to be trusted to the eyes of people that judge me for the color of my skin and my accent. Some will never do tho, the ones that fear and hate.

Media is trying to divide people, divided we are weaker, unarmed we are doomed.

Peace.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Guys, for the most part is people that have fear of guns and wishes to live in a world free of such horrible violence and hate. They do not have the means to understand why this tragedies happen or how to prevent them... It's just simpleminded thinking. We need to educate them.

When the media constantly show us black/latino males as criminals there will be a huge number of us that will immediately fear black/Latino males and mistrust them, therefore this issue is no different than that kind of racism.

I live this reality myself as a latino immigrant, doesn't matter how much I love this nation and how much I'm committed to it there will be a vast number of people who will dislike me and mistrust me without even knowing me because I their fears and ignorance.

I have met very knowledgeable, respectful, honest, compassionate family people that own guns for the most part and I think this very important for everyone else to realize. But how are we going to let them know this kindness to be trusted if we hate them back.

People blame gun owners for this tragedies, people blame immigrants for the economy, people blame each other a lot. Instead of looking for solutions we look for scape goats. It's easier.

I totally understand your frustration OP and I share some of those feelings, I know it's tempting to label and be condescending but I beg you to use this drive force to change things and educate them so you can find more allies. Please, let's try to make some them understand thru logic instead of scare them even more to push harder towards some legislation they think will protect them but we know it would actually be the reverse effect.

In the same way I have to prove myself worth to be trusted to the eyes of people that judge me for the color of my skin and my accent. Some will never do tho, the ones that fear and hate.

Peace.

I think your analysis is a little too generalized. While some anti-gunners are running on honest emotion, the veterans are evil. The arguments in favor of self-defense are too common and easy to grasp. You can't possibly be connected to this issue more than briefly without encountering positive ideas about self-defense. The veteran anti-gunners can't have not noticed. Their appeals to fear, evasions when put on the spot, and deliberately distorted statistics expose them.

The ability to defend oneself is too easy to grasp.

I agree educate the rest. It will help nullify the really bad ones.

Last edited:

OC for ME

I think your analysis is a little too generalized. While some anti-gunners are running on honest emotion, the veterans are evil. The arguments in favor of self-defense are too common and easy to grasp. You can't possibly be connected to this issue more than briefly without encountering positive ideas about self-defense. The veteran anti-gunners can't have not noticed. Their appeals to fear, evasions when put on the spot, and deliberately distorted statistics expose them.

Uh.....it is not education that is needed it is "air time" that is needed. The gun issue is a propaganda campaign. As you correctly point out the concept of self-defense is inarguable. Everybody knows that a gun makes self-defense possible. What everybody does not know is whether or not it is legal for them to own, and then carry (if they choose), a gun.
The lord made men, but Sam Colt made them equal
Pure simplicity.

sudden valley gunner

I get where you're coming from but the delivery is a wee bit over the top. But, that is just me.

If only the liberals would dance in the blood of the children killed by drunk drivers. Then, if liberals would call for the enactment of restrictions on the sale and possession of tools that kill more innocent lives each year than all of the gun crime in America combined, that would stop once and for all the senseless slaughter of our precious children due to drunk drivers.

The government is, in my view, the responsible party for this tragic event. Those who voted for anti-liberty nitwits who enacted these laws are also to bare some responsibility. I find it ironic that some of those directly affected by these senseless deaths likely voted for the folks who forbid adults from being in a position to protect a bunch of kindergartners.

Your anger should not be focused on liberals who call for new laws that would restrict individual liberty, liberals have and will always call for new laws to restrict individual liberty. Your anger must be focused, like a laser beam, on those who heed those calls and cast a vote in your state legislature and the halls of Congress that restrict individual liberty.

You are correct it is over the top, I wish I could rewrite the title it was written in a moment of Passion, and are words borrowed from a friend of mine upset about the same situation. I was feeling particularly down about those children this morning. I really detest that anytime something grave happens the powers to be use it as a tool on both sides of the Left, Right spectrum.

Thank you for your post.

Keylock

Dancing is common at times. I recall reports of a white van on 9/11 with five dancers...

sudden valley gunner

Peace.

If I emulated hate back, I apologize this was not my intent. Although I truly despise the "veterans" that Citizen brings out.

Logic and Reason are always my first weapons of defense. I was just venting a bit this morning about those in power who purposefully grasp at these events and twist what should be a solemn situation into one of where they gleefully push an agenda and wipe fake tears from their eyes. Who's crying for the murdered innocent children from the Fed's drones? I am deeply saddened by this too and they have cheapened the life of our young ones.

Your right it is evil, pure evil. They use a sad heart wrenching situation, knowing what our reaction and the reaction of people who are knowledgeable about rights will be, and then use that to make it look like we are the evil ones. It's practically demonic.

WalkingWolf

Sometimes solutions are the cause to the problems. Take the surge of sales of AR platform firearms, before this it was AK platforms, all brought on by the attempt to find a solution to them before there actually was a problem. The media and the government have driven sales of the very guns they fear. The media has made it a fad for troubled youth to shoot up Gun Free Zones. The problem was not there until the idea of Gun Free Zones became popular. Shear stupidity...

sudden valley gunner

Sometimes solutions are the cause to the problems. Take the surge of sales of AR platform firearms, before this it was AK platforms, all brought on by the attempt to find a solution to them before there actually was a problem. The media and the government have driven sales of the very guns they fear. The media has made it a fad for troubled youth to shoot up Gun Free Zones. The problem was not there until the idea of Gun Free Zones became popular. Shear stupidity...

+1

sudden valley gunner

Necro thread whatever!

The sentiment is again expressed. Different time , venue and situation.....F' you anti liberty folks for making me argue about the right to have arms instead of what should be our mutual grief over these tragedies.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Necro thread whatever!

The sentiment is again expressed. Different time , venue and situation.....F' you anti liberty folks for making me argue about the right to have arms...

Agreed.

Counter-attack. The vicious, brutal jerks would render us all defenseless.

Yep, I said it. Vicious and brutal I said, vicious and brutal I meant. They would use government force and its threat to render everyone defenseless, to make everyone a defenseless potential victim of murder.

The blood of the innocents is on their hands, not ours.

Counter-attack. Don't explain. Don't argue. Vigorously accuse them.

sudden valley gunner

Agreed.

Counter-attack. The vicious, brutal jerks would render us all defenseless.

Yep, I said it. Vicious and brutal I said, vicious and brutal I meant. They would use government force and its threat to render everyone defenseless, to make everyone a defenseless potential victim of murder.

The blood of the innocents is on their hands, not ours.

Counter-attack. Don't explain. Don't argue. Vigorously accuse them.

Rah rah rah!

davidmcbeth

Banned

And what's kinda odd....if one of those people who went to the club would have posted here that they wanted to carry in a GFZ and advocate for carry in GFZs, why that person would have gotten banned here. After all, posting here is only for the "law-abiding". Food for thought.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And what's kinda odd....if one of those people who went to the club would have posted here that they wanted to carry in a GFZ and advocate for carry in GFZs, why that person would have gotten banned here. After all, posting here is only for the "law-abiding". Food for thought.

Not so, sir. There are many intermediate steps available before maybe/possibly moving to banishment.

Also saying he/she "wanted to carry" there is not the same as to "advocate" carrying in a place were that is statutorily illegal. You force the connection between the two falsely. They are not joined at the hip.

Going one last point: Posting here on OCDO is not only for the "law abiding." Various people have broken some law, somewhere, sometime. You have perverted/misused Forum Rule #15 to force your square peg into that round hole.

Consider your words carefully. As the old adage says, Words have meanings.

Your argument/post is falsely concluded, therefore unreliable.

Last edited: